• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tileset Problem

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 15, 2024
Hello,

I did a stupid thing. I wanted a Hoenn route 120-like puddle and well, while I was standing on the clear/still water tiles I noticed that you could surf over them, so I tried to change the terrain tag, thinking it would work. Being past midnight, I labeled the terrain tags to "0" where I was standing via the ingame debugger. After saving the game and then my computer froze, saying the script took too long. I had to reboot the computer. When I tried to reopen the game file, it said that RPG Maker XP failed to load tileset data. I also can't open the editor. How do I reinstall the data or am I royally screwed?

EDIT: Can I have this relabeled to an "Essentials Question"?

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Did you force a shutdown while rmxp was open? That may corrupt the files.
First, try replacing just the Game.rpxpproj file and your Data/EditorScripts (I kind of forgot the file extensions) from a clean version. The latter may allow you to correct your Tilesets file.
If that doesn't work, then backup your Data folder and replace the corrupted files.
I hope you have an earlier backup somewhere, else you will lose a lot of work.
(If this was a collaborative project, see if anyone has a copy. I use Github to backup and distribute updates to my uncompiled project. If Github lost the files, my friends would have my last distribution.)

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 15, 2024
Yeah reinstalling the program worked! Yes luckily I had a backup and was using the vanilla tileset. *phew*

Franzo

Developing something...
Years
  • Age 28
  • ???
  • Seen Nov 6, 2023
What Essentials version are you using? In the new one you can't surf on the puddles anymore

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 15, 2024
16.0 apparently. My test pikachu got paralyzed so I might be using an earlier version than I thought.

Back