The PokéCommunity Forums Create & Discover Fan Fiction and Writing
Monthly Reviewing Challenge

Fan Fiction and Writing Have a story you want to share? Or in the mood to sit back and read one, instead? Then come hang out here!

Old May 27th, 2017 (11:58 AM).
Darkinium Z

Nature: Sassy
Wow, I thought this review challenge died down, lol.

Onto your concern what counts a review/how long it should be, to be honest the minimum is a couple sentences and as long as it mentions something from the story. Like, "I love the conversation between x and y over z [then proceeds why]. You have a knack for dialogue" would count. If you have posted the links to your reviews here, then they would count. As for stories, it can be a one shot to a review of one chapter/several chapters. As long as it's a review, any story counts.

Since I'm here, does anyone want me to bring back the Monthly Reviewing Challenge? And if so, you guys still up for emblems or some other prize/incentive? I can do a new version/thread of this in June/July if there's any interest again and if we figure out how to keep this moving again.

"Meowth are all right. They don't care who you are or anything."
Foul Play [Chapter Four up!]
Old July 22nd, 2017 (2:17 PM).

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bay Alexison View Post
    Since I'm here, does anyone want me to bring back the Monthly Reviewing Challenge? And if so, you guys still up for emblems or some other prize/incentive? I can do a new version/thread of this in June/July if there's any interest again and if we figure out how to keep this moving again.
    Poking you to say that I'm at least interested in a reviewing challenge. I'd like to keep my mind occupied in August, and reading other people's fics here will help with that. Plus August might be a little better month for everyone else. (July seems like a busier month than August, at least in my area.)

I don't know what could be offered for a prize, since I don't know how the emblem system works anymore. Or even what else could be offered. But we can definitely help you brainstorm, Bay!
    but a call to bear the burden of a long twilight struggle, year in and year out."
    Old July 22nd, 2017 (3:15 PM).
    Darkinium Z

Nature: Sassy
    I talked about how to bring in some activity feedback wise to some folks, and one of the things I've been thinking is try out something similar to Serebii's Review Leaderboard. Basically you get points for reviewing (extra points if you review longer chaptered fics), and whoever gets the most points wins for the month. If we were to do this, I'm thinking one of the prizes will be the winner gets an interview on Daily for the extra exposure. Otherwise, I'm up for other prize ideas.

If anyone here is still following, some thoughts on trying this experiment out?

"Meowth are all right. They don't care who you are or anything."
    Foul Play [Chapter Four up!]

Quick Reply