• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

USUM Data Files for Pokedex Expansion

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
This resource is exactly what the title says; Pokemon data files formatted for pokeemerald, dumped directly from Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon using a lightly modified version of pk3DS.
These files include data for every Pokemon in those games, including alternate forms, Mega evolutions, etc. Hopefully it'll be useful to anyone looking to expand the Pokedex in future.

The resource currently includes files for:
  • Base stats
  • Level up moves
  • Level up move pointers
  • Egg moves
  • Pokedex entries
  • Species list
  • Species names
  • High quality cries
  • Evolution data

In future I plan to add files for:
  • TM/HM compatibility
  • Move tutor compatibility
  • More cries

There are a few things to note:
  • All files are ordered based on Pokedex number, with sets for forms listed after Zeraora.
  • The Unown forms, egg and ??? slots present in the GBA games were removed in later games, so these are not included.
  • Some Pokemon names with special characters may need to be changed to match the decomp format; I replaced these by editing the USUM ROM by hand rather than doing it automatically, so some may have been overlooked.
  • Level up moves use the same format as they do in Dizzy's Battle Engine Upgrade.
  • Base stats include all three ability and held item slots (as opposed to the two slots the GBA games have for each of these), and use two bytes for base experience yield instead of one.
  • Pokedex text entries and height/weight etc are all in one file, and are available in both Chinese and English.
  • English Pokedex text entries have been reformatted to match pokeemerald in a separate file.
  • Cries must remain uncompressed to preserve quality.
  • Level up move pointers are set up so that in-battle forms (megas, Cherrim, etc.) share the same learnset as their base form, which makes editing them simpler.

All files are available in this repository: https://github.com/BuffelSaft/decomp_resources

Credits:
  • Kaphotics and other contributors to pk3DS for doing most of the real work put into this
  • Taの境界 for the evolution data and fantastic bilingual Pokedex entries files
  • MegaMawile999 for the species and species names files

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
I actually made pokedex entries and many other things <808, cant remember how exactly and how long i did it. I mean to update them in this few week break, if you dont mind pls count me in.
View attachment 87294
That's fantastic, great timing too; I was just about to start on those. I'll add them to the repository. Thanks for contributing, I look forward to seeing what else you've done!

Last edited:

Delta231

A noob
Years
That's fantastic, great timing too; I was just about to start on those. I'll add them to the repository. Thanks for contributing, I look forward to seeing what else you've done!

That file cannot be used for PokeEmerald as it uses Pokeagb as its header and file is bit different as well comparing from the repo one.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
That file cannot be used for PokeEmerald as it uses Pokeagb as its header and file is bit different as well comparing from the repo one.
It'll definitely need some restructuring, but the important thing is that all the dex entries are typed up and ready to go. I've made a file with the correct structure, so it'll just be a matter of copying all the entries into it, and making another file for all the dex data.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 5, 2019
i made "species_names.h" and "species.h" files!

to be sure i edited pokemon like nidoran and mr mime, using the original naming (Nidoran_M/NIDORAN_F/MR_MIME),
i also added manually the alternative forms of Arceus, Unown and Silvally, i don't know why but seems that in this resource they were absent :/

Attachments

• species.h
    67.1 KB · Views: 2
  • species_names.h
    36.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
i made "species_names.h" and "species.h" files!

to be sure i edited pokemon like nidoran and mr mime, using the original naming (Nidoran_M/NIDORAN_F/MR_MIME),
i also added manually the alternative forms of Arceus, Unown and Silvally, i don't know why but seems that in this resource they were absent :/
Thanks for both of these! I've added them to the repository.

The alternative forms for those Pokemon haven't been included so far just because they don't have separate form data in the 3DS games. They don't need to be separate forms if they're implemented properly, as all their stats and movesets are the same, but they can always be added in future if needed.

Blah

Free supporter
Years
This is an awesome resource that'll be of great use to the decomps as well as binary hacks...and even to the people over at gamedev. Great work!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
This is an awesome resource that'll be of great use to the decomps as well as binary hacks...and even to the people over at gamedev. Great work!
Thanks! Hopefully it'll let people spend more time on the fun parts of their hacks and less time on tedious data entry.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
I've just uploaded cries for gens IV - VII, as well as most forms. All cries are formatted as signed 8-bit PCM .aif files with 13379Hz sample rates (as suggested by Chaos Rush's old tutorial - it seems to be a good balance between quality and size). They haven't been filtered as they seemed pretty clean, but if you think otherwise please let me know so I can fix it. Also, note that all of these need to stay uncompressed; this is simple to do in a binary hack, so presumably it can be done easily in pokeemerald too.

3DS cries for gens I - V aren't done yet (a lot of them are horrible anyway), but they'll be uploaded sometime soon.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Thanks a lot for sharing! I'm sure loads of people will find these resources useful x

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 5, 2019
fixed the pokemon order in HOENN_DEX, now they're in the correct sequence!

Attachments

• species.h
    67.1 KB · Views: 3
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Waiting for a kind soul to add all gen4-7 mon sprites in decomp format. :15:

I was going to wait for MrDollSteak's Sugimori palette resource to be done before adding those (mostly because it includes second frames for animations), but I guess I could just use the DS style resources until then.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
Yay, I was trying to add every mon to pokeruby and pokeemerald, and I've created a tool to do it easily. With this resource, everything will be easier, thank you :)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 18, 2021
It'll definitely need some restructuring, but the important thing is that all the dex entries are typed up and ready to go. I've made a file with the correct structure, so it'll just be a matter of copying all the entries into it, and making another file for all the dex data.

Cool, glad that I could help. I will do the Chinese part(even no one might care).

I also worked on evolution list(even no one notice it was missing on the list), here's what I generated:View attachment evo_output_fix.txt.

Before I make it into the right structure I want to make sure of some quick question:
1. In species.h I realise that there are 3 instance of Raticate and others' define:
SPECIES_RATICATE
SPECIES_RATICATE_1
SPECIES_RATICATE_2
So which one is Alolan form and what is the use of the other one. I suggest to rename.

2. Alolan evolution condition
I believe related evolution branch need to consider the Alolan form as I will add constant into the method section.
eg.:
{{EVO_ITEM + ALOLAN_FORM, ITEM_THUNDER_STONE, SPECIES_RAICHU_ALOLAN}},
or better suggestion?

3. Mega and Primal revert
So does it still matter in evolution list?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Cool, glad that I could help. I will do the Chinese part(even no one might care).

I also worked on evolution list(even no one notice it was missing on the list), here's what I generated:View attachment 87407.

Before I make it into the right structure I want to make sure of some quick question:
1. In species.h I realise that there are 3 instance of Raticate and others' define:
SPECIES_RATICATE
SPECIES_RATICATE_1
SPECIES_RATICATE_2
So which one is Alolan form and what is the use of the other one. I suggest to rename.

2. Alolan evolution condition
I believe related evolution branch need to consider the Alolan form as I will add constant into the method section.
eg.:
{{EVO_ITEM + ALOLAN_FORM, ITEM_THUNDER_STONE, SPECIES_RAICHU_ALOLAN}},
or better suggestion?

3. Mega and Primal revert
So does it still matter in evolution list?
Can't believe no one noticed that was missing lol. The list looks good so far, just needs item names instead of IDs by the looks of it. To answer your questions:
  1. RATICATE_1 is the Alolan form, RATICATE_2 is the totem form, which is useless for this resource; I'll delete the totem forms entirely sometime soon.
  2. That's probably a good idea for now, people can always change that to whatever they want later.
  3. Same with Megas and Primals, it'd be good to have the data included, as it's easier to remove it than add it.

Thanks again for contributing!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 18, 2021
View attachment evolution.txt

few thing to note:
Inkay evolution method seem to be impossible in gba so i change to level up normally.
Evolution at certain place shall be specified later as I use some placeholder map id.
I m not sure if Eevee evolution 6th 7th 8th branches is legal in decomp.

Here is the list of used evolution method:
EVO_NONE
EVO_FRIENDSHIP
EVO_FRIENDSHIP_DAY
EVO_FRIENDSHIP_NIGHT
EVO_LEVEL
EVO_TRADE
EVO_TRADE_ITEM
EVO_ITEM
EVO_LEVEL_ATK_GT_DEF
EVO_LEVEL_ATK_EQ_DEF
EVO_LEVEL_ATK_LT_DEF