• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo DS Music Hacking [LOOPING INCLUDED, FULLY EXPLAINED]

Years
Yes, now I can get my songs to work. I've tried this a long time ago but now I can finally fix the tempo problem when inserting the songs. Thank you for the tutorial.
There is a guy on youtube called utuber6061‬‎ and does music hacks and knows how to loop the music. You might know him already, but the point is I don't think he has told anyone how to loop the songs.

Years
I asked him but he said something like "there is a flstudio patch called magicsseq that lets you loop and play the .sseq files without converting it, it is on gbatemp". I searched for it and it did not exist, I think he was tricking people or something because he never gave anyone the link. Well hopefully looping will be figured out, great tutorial btw.

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
I asked him but he said something like "there is a flstudio patch called magicsseq that lets you loop and play the .sseq files without converting it, it is on gbatemp". I searched for it and it did not exist, I think he was tricking people or something because he never gave anyone the link. Well hopefully looping will be figured out, great tutorial btw.

It exists, because I have it installed in my FL Studio 9 :D. But I don't know how it works because it crashes and I'm not going to distribute it because I don't know if the creator wants this...

Oh, and I know how to loop tracks. Just add 94+XXXXXX at the end of each SSEQ track (XXXXXX = offset to where you want to start the loop, in reversed hex).

Keep in mind that files CANNOT BE REPOINTED!

Who said that? Because I have like 6 tracks in my Diamond track repointed, and some of them are even bigger than the originals! At the start of the SDAT, there's a table with the size and the offset to each of the files, and you can edit it with a hex editor. Also, you can extract a SDAT with NDS Editor, edit the files and repack it.

Last edited:
Years
Oh okay it does exist I thought he was making a joke. Now there is a problem I am currently having when using hxd. When I try to search for FF C0 and replace with FF C7 hxd says "Can't find FFC0" and doesn't do anything after that.

Years
Nevermind. The mistake was I was using a midi edited from anvil studios and not fl studio. The hex values are different when exporting from fl studio and the file size of the midi is larger too.
I tried to transport the hgss champion midi and changing the instruments to import to dpp but the tracks were still not working right when I changed the hex values. I edited it anvil studios first and then exported the midi in flstudio.

Years
I did I edited as a .sseq after I exported it. I did however get a couple of songs working properly it's just that one didn't work when I edited in anvil studios and then exported in fl studio.

Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2011
Also, I have no idea on how to use magicsseq. I put it in the plugin folder, but no dice. I have FLStudio 8?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2011
Yeah, the readme said to put in the plugins folder, but there's like 4 different ones. FL8/Plugins
FL8/System/plugin
FL8/Data/Patches/Plugin database
FL8/Data/Patches/Plugin preset
Never said which. The instructions in the readme or simplsitc.

The one I have is fake. I looked at in a hex editor and it's completely blank. I got mines from the yamihoshi link. It's either fake or got messed up on the upload.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
FL Studio is set up by default to also use Program Files\VstPlugins (Program Files (x86) if you're using a 64-bit OS) as a search folder for VST Plugins, of which I assume it could be.

As it stands though, it will appear in the plugin list but as stated does not work.

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2012
Hello,

I was wondering if it was possible to replace tracks in Pokemon Black/White with tracks from Pokemon D/P/Pt/HG/SS. If so, could someone instruct me on how to do this? Also, could someone please how to edit the game files so that one track plays instead of another. (I want to swap the Elite Four theme with the Kanto Champoin theme) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
Did you know that you can also insert non-midi music in a DS game using SSEQs? I have a proof video, showing Super Monkey Ball DS playing a song from the GameCube version. SMB DS uses the SDAT system, exactly the same as Pokémon.

Moreover, you can make it loop :)

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
I can't fully explain the "Pichu Method" to insert a MP3 song into a DS game, as it's the most complicated thing you can do with a SDAT (it's ten times worse than looping a SSEQ). But I can tell you it involves soundbank editing. I'm sure you can discover the method I used easily.

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
Doesn't sound too surprising - I'd guess that by splitting a track into small parts and playing each "sample" in turn you can work around any RAM limitations that may occur - until cart size starts rearing its ugly head.

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
Nice explanation, and thanks for giving me credit for the placeholder method. Hope it helps people having trouble with the offsets.

Back