• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Spirit Emerald

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 3, 2021
This is honestly my favorite Emerald Sideshow Hack. You have done a really good job with the game! Although there are some problems that really do need to be fixed:
1. The Happiny Egg is not progressing in terms of hatching. Im already in mauville and hatched several eggs already but that egg still says its not even close to hatching.
2. A budew i caught early on came equipped with a ??????? Item(Which im afraid to take off or even interact with.)
3. The item ball north of slateport and west of the trick house freezes the game. Unlike most of the other problems this one is actually pretty serious. I actually havent saved since Brawly when this happened. you can imagine my disapointment.
4. Maybe make an overworld sprite or some other indication other than a poke ball for the sinnoh starter encounters? ive came across these pokemon without pokeballs on me and idk if i will get another change to encounter them.
5. The Physical/Special Split straight up doesnt work. This is another major issue that needs to be fixed.
6. Maybe implant a running indoors option.
Aside from these problems im really enjoying the hack so far. Please update it as soon as possible and its considered to be the best Emerald sideshow hack in my opinion :))

Ocular Stratus

It's okay, I enjoy being the bad guy.
Years
This is honestly my favorite Emerald Sideshow Hack. You have done a really good job with the game! Although there are some problems that really do need to be fixed:
1. The Happiny Egg is not progressing in terms of hatching. Im already in mauville and hatched several eggs already but that egg still says its not even close to hatching.
2. A budew i caught early on came equipped with a ??????? Item(Which im afraid to take off or even interact with.)
3. The item ball north of slateport and west of the trick house freezes the game. Unlike most of the other problems this one is actually pretty serious. I actually havent saved since Brawly when this happened. you can imagine my disapointment.
4. Maybe make an overworld sprite or some other indication other than a poke ball for the sinnoh starter encounters? ive came across these pokemon without pokeballs on me and idk if i will get another change to encounter them.
5. The Physical/Special Split straight up doesnt work. This is another major issue that needs to be fixed.
6. Maybe implant a running indoors option.
Aside from these problems im really enjoying the hack so far. Please update it as soon as possible and its considered to be the best Emerald sideshow hack in my opinion :))

Dude, I still can't even play this hack and it is so upsetting.

Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
I'm enjoying this hack and I'm thankful it was made but I've encountered some annoying issues myself. Like why can't my Blaziken learn Solar Beam? Or why do psychic attacks affect my Honchrow? And for some reason my Rhydon's attacks are weak even though his attack stat is very high. I also did not receive a Pokenav but I got past that via gameshark.

Years
Is they're a code at least to put in to get togekiss since u can't get a shiny stone

The shiny stone bug is only in the normal version of the game, what I do is simply use the save data of the normal version and play it over the challenge version, in which the shiny stone work just fine! Eventually I continued playing the challenge version too, lol. it's more fun i think.

Years
I don't know if it's just me or not, but I think the stat-enhancing moves are broken, I tried Sword Dance, but attack doesn't seem to look stronger, or screech doesn't decrease defense (I have a feeling it increase/decrease Special attack/defense instead).

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 26, 2023
For some reason on android it is not able to read the gba file (i'm using myboy). Any suggestions?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 6, 2016
The shiny stone bug is only in the normal version of the game, what I do is simply use the save data of the normal version and play it over the challenge version, in which the shiny stone work just fine! Eventually I continued playing the challenge version too, lol. it's more fun i think.

I play the challenge version and there is still a bug with the shiny stone. It closes out when u go over the stone

Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
I've been playing this some more and clearly the physical attacks are being run off of the special attack stat. It's really annoying and it kind of ruins the game...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 23, 2023
any news on new update? i kinda hope for the p/s split to be working properly and the shiny stone too

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 19, 2021
I found some fixes to the issues with this hack (which, by the way, I am thoroughly enjoying), so here's a modified version of the challenge mode. I changed the type effectiveness chart so that dark is immune to psychic, dragons are not resistant to ghost, and one other thing that eludes me at the moment (but I think also involved the dragon type).
I also used the patch by DoesntKnowHowToPlay which seems to have fixed the physical/special split.
Oh, and I couldn't find Lapras on route 124, so I have them appear in the wild there. Did I just miss that event?

Anyway, here's the changed UPS. Let me know if it works!

www DOT dropbox DOT com/sh/iehimtx0hmhda73/AABHbbraueSyFjfUcM-holU4a?dl=0

P.S: I guess I can't post links yet, so sorry about the workaround.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 18, 2023
I've been searching Mt. Pyre Summit for quite some time and I have yet to find a Rotom. Is there something I'm missing? I've tried the middle and bottom of the mountain as well as the inside portion, where all of the gravestones are, too.

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Feb 25, 2024
I have two questions:
1)i can't patch the rom with the option "abort",it just doesn't work :/. And i am pretty sure that i got a clean rom(the (u) version,isn't it).So how can i proceed? Patch with the option "ignore" or there's a way to do how the readme file says?

2) There's a way to edit the new mons,abilities and moves? the 3rd tools do not read or crash when load the patched rom. There's a way to fully edit the patched rom or even the .ups file?

P.s: sorry for my bad english grammar xD

Years
I have two questions:
1)i can't patch the rom with the option "abort",it just doesn't work :/. And i am pretty sure that i got a clean rom(the (u) version,isn't it).So how can i proceed? Patch with the option "ignore" or there's a way to do how the readme file says?

2) There's a way to edit the new mons,abilities and moves? the 3rd tools do not read or crash when load the patched rom. There's a way to fully edit the patched rom or even the .ups file?

P.s: sorry for my bad english grammar xD
1. Yeah switch it to ignore.

2. You should be able to edit the rom although you may have to change the ini of the tool to fit the rom.

Back