• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Theta Emerald

I want to create a Super Training Area where you can battle "Pokémon" for EVs. Should I

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid Poochyena

[size=1][u][b][color=purple]You read my usertitle.
Years
Here's an update to my nuzlocke challenge of this ROM Hack.
TEAM After Second Gym
259.gif
Nickname: Alpha | Level: 20 | Moves: Tackle, Rock Tomb, Water Gun, Mud Shot
017.gif
Nickname: Birdy | Level: 20 | Moves: Tackle, Sand Attack, Gust, Quick Attack
285.gif
Nickname: Shroomz | Level: 20 | Moves: Mega Drain, Headbutt, Stun Spore, Leech seed
304.gif
Nickname: Ironman | Level: 12| Moves: Metal Claw, Headbutt, Mud-Slap, Harden
Graveyard:
238.gif

Failed to catch a few pokemon because I ran out of pokeballs before catching. lol RIP smoochum who I caught and it died right after because I forgot to heal and it was upfront.

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
noticed that when I began using the battle factory my pokedex was reset to 0 and I can't access it.

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2021
when castform changes form, his sprite turn to black

some moves like razor leaf, petal dance are physical...

Rabid Poochyena

[size=1][u][b][color=purple]You read my usertitle.
Years
Here's an update to my nuzlocke challenge of this ROM Hack.
TEAM After Third Gym
259.gif
Nickname: Alpha | Level: 24 | Moves: Tackle, Rock Tomb, Water Gun, Mud Shot
017.gif
Nickname: Birdy | Level: 21 | Moves: Steel Wing, Sand Attack, Gust, Quick Attack
285.gif
Nickname: Shroomz | Level: 21 | Moves: Mega Drain, Headbutt, Stun Spore, Leech seed
304.gif
Nickname: Ironman | Level: 23| Moves: Iron Head, Headbutt, Mud-Slap, Rock Tomb
002.gif
Nickname: Bulba Fett | Level: 22| Moves: Takedown, Sleep Powder, Leech Seed, Razor Leaf
005.gif
Nickname: CHARlie | Level: 21| Moves: Growl, Scratch, Ember, Dragon Rage
Graveyard:
238.gif

unIQuE-_-SK

Rocket Grunt
Years
Okay, so both of the move tutors at the Battle Frontier are not working. They only teach one move. Aqua Tail. This is very weird O.o
While tweaking frontier, how about giving brains some competitive teams? :rolleyes2:
Edit: Bugreport - Many pkmn have wrong stats like ~20 more in each stat except hp @lvl50, but not sure about the pattern - abra is fine, kadabra fine, alakazam affected, machamp is fine tho, most of legendaries and pseudo legendaries are affected too. Also Blissey awards only 2EV instead of 3 (confirmed with A-save).

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2016
I've noticed a move text oddity accidentally.

Comet Punch : Repeatedly slaps the foe 2 to 5 times.

Should be : Repeatedly punches the foe 2 to 5 times.

According to bulpabedia anyway.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 24, 2020
After battling the reporter couple for the third time the game freezes.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
Okay, so move tutors may not exist in the next release because I can't figure out how to get the Battle Frontier ones to work. It seems to not like moves that have a hex number of 100 or above :/

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
This looks like the sh#t! Any compelling Emerald hack is worth a try. Gonna do a mono-type run for this, just for the challenge :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
This looks good, going to start this tonight and track my progress. Hopefully the game is harder.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
6/1/15 UPDATE: Okay...this is not good. I have added some very useful moves to the game as move tutors, by replacing old ones that were very...bad. The truth is, the ones that are NOT at the Battle Frontier work, and I've also made them unlimited. But, the ones at the Battle Frontier do not. I've stated this before, saying how if I choose any of the newly added moves, it will only choose one of the new moves, Aqua Tail. However, if I choose Swords Dance, Icy Wind, or any of the elemental punches, they work fine. There is probably a limiter to this, since any move that is over 100 (in hex), it will NOT work. I've spent Saturday and yesterday trying to figure out where the limiter might be. However, I found nothing, and it is really killing my motivation to continue this project, to be honest. I've been playing other games, and putting this off. I've been working on this project longer than you think. That, and the fact that I have only a few other people that helped me out, and I cannot thank them enough for it. They are busy with their lives, and I hassled them enough for this project, I can't ask them to help me with this. So, here is what is going to happen.

If you look in the first post, there is a patch entitled Version 1.3, and here is what's on it:
-Boulders in front of the portals cannot be moved with Strength
-The guy in Rustboro who gives you Cut has been fixed.
-Move Tutors HAVE BEEN REMOVED for limitation reasons

The last one probably must have made you mad, did it not? I have decided to upload the same version, but with the move tutors included. If anyone is curious, this is the list of new moves that replaced the old ones:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

tudou

also: Datudou, Cyanyans
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen yesterday
I think you should change some of the TMs to replace some of the tutor moves. After all, I would rather have a TM for say, Rock Slide, in favor of a TM for snatch, for example. It also creates incentive to go look in certain places to find potentially useful moves, and makes these moves available before postgame.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 24, 2022
Besides swords dance are the moves really that useful?

It all depends on your pokemon really. Aqua tail for example: there aren't that many physical water type moves available to most pokemon in this game. The most common i've seen is aqua jet, with only 40 power. Having move tutors be unlimited and teach otherwise hard to get moves is very useful imo

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Started and just got to Petalburg. I can tell this will be enjoyable as a catch em all. Challenge accepted. Fighting team so far.
198598_trainercard-kanrf23.png

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Completed Devon and Slateport missions.....

Grovyle - 24
Quagsire - 24
Pansear - 23

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 30, 2015
It's fine with these tutors, just replace some useless TMs such as Snatch for the moves that you would add as frontier tutors and I think we can play in peace ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back