• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack With Multiple Regions

Generris

LOMEGALU
Years
Hey,

So I'm new to all this. Real new. I have no idea what I should even download to make a hack. For now I have G3T, CFRU, and Dynamic Pokemon Expansion. I imagine I need more, but these ones seemed the best.

But, onto the idea. I think it's pretty modest, but here's a list:

- All Pokemon obtainable (I think this is standard at this point). Thanks to CFRU, Pokemon up to gen 7 are available.
- All regions. This one may be difficult to implement, but it'd be nice to do. I'd like to connect the 7 regions in some way and allow the player to challenge every gym and elite four. CFRU boosts the max level to 255, which is a great help for scaling such a large world.
- Edit all maps. This one is to help various play styles. For example, Viridian Forest will be edited so that the player can just run forward to get to the exit immediately. They don't need to go all over the place to get out. However, they will miss a lot. The forest will hold plenty of items and rare Pokemon for those who want to take their time and explore. The idea is that, for those that just want to get through locations, they can rush ahead, and the ones that want everything can explore.
- Edit all shiny sprites. This one may not be for everyone, but to breathe some more fresh air into the game I'd like to change all shiny sprites. I'm considering leaving some fan favourites alone like Charizard and Rayquaza. This also means shiny rates will be improved to make it easier to catch the new shiny Pokemon. No shiny lock on anything.
- Edit some moves. I feel like HM's could use a change and my idea is making them double-edged swords. For example, Cut. I'd like to make it a neutral move, like Struggle. That means Cut can hit anything, but it can't be super effective. I like the idea of having a positive and negative for them. This idea still needs a lot of work though. The current positive for Waterfall is that it causes the rain effect for a few turns.
- Make the rival a bit more involved like recent games without being overbearing. Maybe have them help out in double battles against Team Rocket.
- Make Legendary Pokemon feel legendary. You'll need your best Pokemon to beat and capture them. Currently they are arranged into 4 Tiers. Tier 1 legendaries are the trios (so the birds, beasts, regis, etc.) Tier 2 are the box legendaries (Lugia, Groudon, Lunala, etc.) Tier 3 are most of the others. Tier 4 is special as it holds the best of the best. Arceus, Necrozma and Mew are currently the only Tier 4 Legendary Pokemon. You either need an over-leveled team or multiple Legendary Pokemon to go against the next Tier. So, to beat Tier 3 Mewtwo you're going to need multiple Tier 2 Legendary Pokemon.

That's what I've got for now. Not a large list, but it'll be a lot of work. There won't be any story besides the usual 'get badges, stop evil team' thing. No deep or excessively long plot, just you becoming the greatest trainer to ever exist. I'm open to people asking to help since the project will get done quicker.

This is meant to be more of an inbetween fan game. There are currently a handful of well made fan games in development, but we don't know when they are coming out. I felt like making something that was a little unique (multiple regions and custom shinies) to keep people occupied until the good stuff comes out.

Last edited:
Years
This seems extremely ambitious for a ROM Hack. You can make a good ROM Hack with 1-2 reigons. What you need is an engaging story and engaging characters. It may be difficult to create a coherent story when all you are doing is running from one Gym to the other and from one reigon to the next. One reigon with an original story, original gyms, elite 4 and evil team is better than a marathon from Kanto to Galar. I can't help in any way but I can wish you the best of luck with this hack.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Quality > Quatity imo! Not to discourage you, but including all regions is a lot of work without even mentioning the relevant technical limitations. I'd suggest focusing on the other features you'd like to include before this one, and ensuring one region is as enjoyable as possible to play through before focusing on including others purely for "the sake of it".

Back