• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Silver hack: Pokémon Dark Energy - Beta 5 Released

Years
really fun gameplay and quite different from the regular hackz.
I'm kinda stuck before the Ice cave. I can't seem to get pass it and always
faint in it due to the cold. Any help here ?

Also, some little bugs I noticed :
- you cannot approach your mother from the side-ways.
- Sometimes the ability to talk with npc's is locked and can be retreived only when I'm the leaving the builduing I'm currently in and then re-enter.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
really fun gameplay and quite different from the regular hackz.
I'm kinda stuck before the Ice cave. I can't seem to get pass it and always
faint in it due to the cold. Any help here ?.
The people in Little Stone say that you need protection against cold to pass it. Woolly Hat can be received in Little Stone and I'm going to write in the spoiler what to do to get it.

Spoiler:

Also, some little bugs I noticed :
- you cannot approach your mother from the side-ways.
- Sometimes the ability to talk with npc's is locked and can be retreived only when I'm the leaving the builduing I'm currently in and then re-enter.
I don't think the upper one is a problem :\
About the other bug, I haven't noticed this happening and it shouldn't either. Are you sure you patched the ips-file to a clean Pokemon Silver (U) rom?

Otherwise, glad you like the hack :)

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
I played this for a bit, it's not too bad.

The storyline is kind of boring, though. I skipped most of it. Oak never stops talking.

The towns/cities are oddly shaped, every time I went south/north or east/west it felt like I had just gone onto a Route.

Also, I got the level 9 Bulbasaur pretty easy:
Two.jpg

...But it turned out to not help me vs the Gym at all, which seems overpowered to say the least.

And there was a guy who hopped on the huge mart, but I don't know what he was trying to do >_>

Then there's this guy:
One.jpg

THEN WHY ARE YOU WALKING AROUND DOING NOTHING

miksy91

Years
I played this for a bit, it's not too bad.

The storyline is kind of boring, though. I skipped most of it. Oak never stops talking.

The towns/cities are oddly shaped, every time I went south/north or east/west it felt like I had just gone onto a Route.

And there was a guy who hopped on the huge mart, but I don't know what he was trying to do >_>
I don't understand where you're trying to get by all the other complaining but I can at least answer the questions above.

The storyline is more like what RPG games would have - this game isn't about pokemon as much as any other game (and I won't plan to make it a normal pokemon game either).
Anyway, the storyline may seem boring at first but it should get more exciting later. About Oak though...if you don't care to read it, do not but you'll miss the entire point about what you're supposed to do if you don't...

About towns and cities; why's that ? what's making them think you're going onto a route ? I don't get it - Gamefreak could have created maps similar to ones of my own.

I know that it looks weird that a person is trying to hop on the mart but that thing is related to the gameplay later on.

Anyway, good to hear that you still liked it :)

I like it! I personally like the storyline. I'll be watching for the next beta.
Thanks !

naczkens

Experienced Pokeplayer
Years
Hi. I played it for about two hours, and i'm quite impressed by the look of this hack.
It's finally something new. :)

But one question,
WTF is that De-stone?

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2012
This is a great hack, And damn, That
Spoiler:
is incredibly hard to catch!
It used up all my Poke Balls. >_<

I made it through Ice Cave easily. :)

miksy91

Years
Hi. I played it for about two hours, and i'm quite impressed by the look of this hack.
It's finally something new. :)

But one question,
WTF is that De-stone?
Thank you :)

I guess you figured out the answer to that question at the end of beta 2, didn't you :D ?

This is a great hack, And damn, That
Spoiler:
is incredibly hard to catch!
It used up all my Poke Balls. >_<

I made it through Ice Cave easily. :)
Thanks Bro. :)

Anyway, I re-uploaded that one screenshot that had gone missing but haven't really done much after beta 2 (not even finished Area 107 yet).
I should have more time to work on this hack in the next year though.

Years
I probably won't be able to play until I get my own laptop first, but when I do it will be fun. By the way do you have plans on including 3rd, 4th, and 5th generation Pokemon? I would like to use Pokemon like Blaziken and Ludicolo in this ROM Hack, and it would get me to play it more.

miksy91

Years
I probably won't be able to play until I get my own laptop first, but when I do it will be fun. By the way do you have plans on including 3rd, 4th, and 5th generation Pokemon? I would like to use Pokemon like Blaziken and Ludicolo in this ROM Hack, and it would get me to play it more.
I'm not planning on including 4th or 5th gen pokemon but it's possible that I add 3rd gen ones later. I haven't really thought about it though.

This is such a good spin on the game! I love how it is much harder, it makes the game so much more interesting :)
Also, just a quick question:

Spoiler:
Glad you like it and
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen May 28, 2016
wow a g/c/s/ hack. lol dont seem many of those nowadays but its ood to see some of the older versions of pokemon still being loved by people.lol not much to say about tiles. its not like you can change g/c/s/ tiles anyway XD

Nuggz

Nidoking Molester
Years
i love this hack already :o its funny when ur rival walks into u and explains the whole "ally follows you" thing lmao... that broke the 4th wall kinda :P but either way this is epic as hell ;D

miksy91

Years
its ood to see some of the older versions of pokemon still being loved by people.
Why's that ?
I think G/S/C are much better than the new generation games.
Mainly because they preserve the pokemon feeling introduced in Gen I (graphics for instance).
People who never played these first two generations, think probably same like you do.

It's not like I wouldn't like the newer gens too but they lack something the first ones have.

lol not much to say about tiles. its not like you can change g/c/s/ tiles anyway XD
Actually, changing the tiles is rather simple but I'm not an artist who could draw them. I may get graphical help later though.

i love this hack already :o its funny when ur rival walks into u and explains the whole "ally follows you" thing lmao... that broke the 4th wall kinda :P but either way this is epic as hell ;D
Glad to hear you think the hack is epic :D
I wanted it to turn out like that too.

Anyway, the progress on this hack has stopped for a little while but I should get back to editing this sometime after Christmas already.
Meanwhile, another mini-project is going on which should appear in Sideshow Showcase later ;)

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
Lovely hack as always and I noticed that you toned down the difficulty. Now that you've told me about Koolboyman's LP I'm gonna check it out after this post. Just a quick question is Squirtle meant to be shiny or was that pure luck?

miksy91

Years
Brilliant hack, I'm really enjoying it so far.
Glad you enjoy it :)

A minor update here

Not sure how many of you have noticed but Koolboyman made a short Let's Play of this hack and while playing, he pointed out a couple of things that should have been made better in the beginning of the game.

Now, I've corrected what should have been corrected already in the downloadable beta.

1) Theresa cannot be battled with < level 6 pokemon
2) The trainers in the gym in The Capital cannot be fought without "any batttling experience" as the game says to you if you haven't fought a specific trainer yet (who can't be avoided from seeing).

(The second one also has a video about it in youtube so in case you want to see video updates of Dark Future too, follow the progress there as well)

That being said, I'll still think about whether I should upload beta 2 again or not.

And another update :D

I wrote a FAQ for the current beta which can be seen in the main post.
It explains a lot of things so take a look at it before posting anything related to that.

ffa

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2012
This is THE BEST GBC GAME I've ever played. I am enjoying this more than classic Silver version.

But first time, when i played this hack, I saved game and turn PC off. When I came and run the game, time in the game moved 12 hours back. I said WTF?! So, I started play the game again. I caught Shiny Nidoran :D

I can't wait for full version of Dark Future :D

leachim_paloyz15

~ セールマイケル
Years
  • Seen Sep 20, 2016
It's pretty much rare to see GBC hacks in this current era, mostly due to the fact that the GBA rombases feature a more updated graphics, sounds, etc. plus, there are now many tools that can be used to hack a GBA rom with ease.

I admire people such as you, and Koolboyman(I ultimately bow down to Prism.) that work hard to achieve what they have aimed for. I'll be waiting for the final release(since I'm that kind of person..I never played LoG, and other hacks before they were completed.). This is what a hack should be composed of.. 99.9% (brain)perspiration, and 00.1% talk/presentation.

Good luck! and more power to you! ^^

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Where's Beta 3

Back