• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Concept: Pokemon Unown

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 31, 2023
Not a hacker myself but I love coming up with new game ideas and one of them I come to really like recently as I discovered pokemon super gold 97 and reforged (Hacks based on a leaked beta of pkmn gold) and just wanted to share/talk about

The base idea came from the ruins of Alph, one of these places I loved exploring as a child and believed they hid some secret I just couldn't find out.
So quite disappointed to find out they don't actually do much.
I also really liked the third pokemon movie "Power of Unown".

SO having these three concepts I came up with the idea of Pokemon Un(k)nown
A game there, by passing through the ruins of Alph you travel between realities and end up in the beta version of Nihon as depicted in the above mentioned rom hacks.

Now this could be a simple new region with some knew pokemon and some regional versions (basically beta designs would be regional versions like beta mantine or Ariados), but it could be expanded to a whole new story about reality becoming distorted, forcing the hero to travel through both worlds, trying to save the worlds from distorting into nothingness.

The journey would take the player through 3 regions (Johto, Kanto and Nihon, the region in super gold) feature 24 gyms and 2 elite fours, taking down team rocket twice and at least one super boss and double set of legendaries,

Legendaries in this game could be expanded upon from the 11 existing by gen 2 with some regional variants, beta beasts and beta celebi (I absolutly love the design of beta celebi, so mischievous). It could also introduce the lost pokemon 349, the possible discarded original silver mascot, and the unnamed sun-pokemon featured in Molly's story book in Pokemon movie 3 (I tentatively call this pokemon Solgaleo because basically same concept) and then Unown as the final epic legendary

While in general I dislike the concepts for modern games battle gimicks (though admittedly I only tried them out in pkmn showdown) and I don't want them in a game in general, Unown would be the exception as it has mega evolution, gigantamax and z-move to make it truly unique. My idea was that Mega Unown would be the ???? type, which is just used for the move curse in the game, but as a type it would be 4 times resistant to all other types and 4 types effective against all other types. Not sure how all that would actually work.

As well as adding some other lost pokemon designs, it would be a really cool game to explore.

There are bunch of other general concepts I have for gen I-II not specifically related to this game concept and I'm sure there are many more ways to expand upon the story of these great games that could be used to create an ultimate gen II pokemon concepts game

Back