• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Survey: Should I make a GBA Rom Hack or Fanmade GAME?

Should I Make a Rom Hack or Fanmade Game?

• Romhack

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Fanmade Game

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

Mahian23

Behold my Supreme Power!
Years
I have a huge amount of tilesets,a good Story which needs atleast 2 parts as a romhack (If not 3/4) to get fully adapted.And I also have a vast amount of knowledge of rom hacking and also lot of tutorials are there for romhacking while I don't have enough knowledge of fan made games and there are not much tutorials for PSDK.But Romhacks are bound to limitations as they are modified versions of a limited featured game,On the other hand,Fanmade games have a huge amount of space,I can easily add a lot of features in a fan made game if there is enough tutorials and making a fan game is easier than romhacks (as I heard).But not all people are able to play Fan-made games.So I am confused about what should I make? A rom hack using Fire Red 1.0 as Base (or anyother gba base like emerald or ruby),or a Fan-made game using PSDK?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 7, 2021
Listen, I also want to create my own Pokémon Fangame. I understand that you don't have much experience with PSDK, while you're quite good at ROMHacks and that's a good thing, many people like you don't want to use PSDK, because there are no tutorials and the vast majority of already existing PSDK users are french, but this is your chance, my chance. You and I can make history, we can be the first ones to make those tutorials, we can be the first ones to craft something superb with PSDK and let the world know about it, we could be the start of a new generation of Pokémon Fangames. So now, what do you want to do?

Mahian23

Behold my Supreme Power!
Years
Listen, I also want to create my own Pokémon Fangame. I understand that you don't have much experience with PSDK, while you're quite good at ROMHacks and that's a good thing, many people like you don't want to use PSDK, because there are no tutorials and the vast majority of already existing PSDK users are french, but this is your chance, my chance. You and I can make history, we can be the first ones to make those tutorials, we can be the first ones to craft something superb with PSDK and let the world know about it, we could be the start of a new generation of Pokémon Fangames. So now, what do you want to do?

Well you're right,I may (or may not) figure out how to do many things in PSDK and make a tutorial.But the thing is,not many peoples play fanmade games over romhacks as they mostly play at mobile.And using joiplay is a drag and many peoples can't even setup it and also,many sites don't even showcase fanmade games.Thats why I made this thread as I'm confused to either make a romhack or a fanmade game in the first place.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 7, 2021
Some of the most famous Fangames don't even support mobile devices, like Pokémon Xenoverse, yet there's a reason why they are the most famous. Also, I think that if your game is good, people are gonna play it anyway, and let's be honest, the possibilities in PSDK are endless, while ROMHacks are dying, you can be as good as you want at ROMHacking, but you'll always be limited and people wanna see something new, something that leaves them astonished, you cannot do that by ROMHacking, because other people already did everything possible.

Mahian23

Behold my Supreme Power!
Years
Some of the most famous Fangames don't even support mobile devices, like Pokémon Xenoverse, yet there's a reason why they are the most famous. Also, I think that if your game is good, people are gonna play it anyway, and let's be honest, the possibilities in PSDK are endless, while ROMHacks are dying, you can be as good as you want at ROMHacking, but you'll always be limited and people wanna see something new, something that leaves them astonished, you cannot do that by ROMHacking, because other people already did everything possible.

You're right in many ways but also wrong in some ways as Romhacking isn't fully researched yet as There are many Unknown things that are yet to discover (I sound like I am siding with Romhacks,LOL) But I'll think about both and will use my brain to choose one.

Back