• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Built in nuzlocke? **First post**

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 17, 2023
Hi guys! First post so unsure if been asked as im new to the site. Do any games have a built in nuzlocke mode? i know Nameless Fire red did. Do any others? Me and me mate are going head to head but i dont trust him haha!!

Thanks

Years
  • Age 28
  • Online now
Nuzlocke rules vary from player to player and there are a lot of fancy variants nowadays, so not sure how a rom hack could have things like that built-in. Afaik rom hacks have no way of limiting your captures to only the first encounter in each route. And coding the fainted = dead mechanic would be bad for several reasons (players who don't count death during training or during specific events, revive clauses, etc.) better just box/release your fainted Pokémon.

There are rom hacks that take nuzlocke and other challenges/playstyles into consideration by giving you mechanics to drastically reduce grinding, more capture areas, easier levelling, very friendly move/egg move relearning, Nature changes, Ability changes, etc. But no actual built-in Nuzlocke mode. Check Radical Red's Minimal Grinding mode, Unbound's Sandbox mode, or Inclement Emerald for instance.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Rangi did so in polished crystal.

I have it in the current beta version of shin pokemon. Working okay so far.

soulzzii

We don't wanna watch the news, we just read statem
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen May 16, 2023
i know radical red has some features (level cap, no items in boss, etc) but you would still have to put the dead pokemon in boxes by yourself (dunno if the hardcore mode changes that)

Back