• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greenlit: Series revival: Blaine's Facts

bobandbill

one more time
Years
This series was greenlight ages back but worth a discussion. Link to old thread: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=362760 (You'd want the 2nd last post).

Basically I was reminded of this one-article-series we did of neat trivia to do with Pokemon, titled Blaine's Facts. https://daily.pokecommunity.com/2016/02/27/blaines-facts-viridians-coffee-guy/ Obviously an additional gimmick is that it is written from the POV of Blaine, who, well, likes trivia!

Should we bring this series back? If so, who wants to write about what for it? One idea discussed already is showing anime character references in the games (Alain in ORAS, one or two within Pokemon XD, a blurred picture of Pikachu + Ash in SM). The trivia shouldn't be blatantly obvious/very short pieces of trivia like "Ekans is snake backwards", for the record.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
I liked the original article and series idea so I'd be down for a rival. Depending on how technical we get in the series fact wise, like maybe into original concepts or more, but also obscure facts, then it could be pretty fun again.

I'd probably be down for writing for it from time to time.

So +1 from, it be cool to have this again.

Years
+1 for me. Seems pretty straightforward, and I really like how the article is written from Blaine's point-of-view as well.

Also, I volunteer to assist in writing for this series if you're okay with that.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I'd probably be down for writing for it from time to time.
Also, I volunteer to assist in writing for this series if you're okay with that.
More than fine! I don't intend to carry this series myself, but I do want to write a couple things.

Now to discuss specific ideas. There's the one mentioned about the games' references to the anime as mentioned - I or if he was interested Kostas could write that. Another that I would like to do is a quick examination of Blue's encounter theme and where that originally from (spoiler - the tune was in another game before RBY!) Music articles is something I want to return to. :V

Years
In regards to Music Analysis, one that comes to my mind immediately is the XY Victory Road theme. Many say it's a remix of that unused track from Pokémon Yellow. Has a piece on that been done yet?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
In regards to Music Analysis, one that comes to my mind immediately is the XY Victory Road theme. Many say it's a remix of that unused track from Pokémon Yellow. Has a piece on that been done yet?
Nope. We've actually had very little in the way of music articles, and that's a category I'm certainly keen on having more Daily articles on!

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
More than fine! I don't intend to carry this series myself, but I do want to write a couple things.

Now to discuss specific ideas. There's the one mentioned about the games' references to the anime as mentioned - I or if he was interested Kostas could write that. Another that I would like to do is a quick examination of Blue's encounter theme and where that originally from (spoiler - the tune was in another game before RBY!) Music articles is something I want to return to. :V

I pointed this out in the discord before, but this could be an interesting music piece to tackle:

It could make for a good comparison between the main games and mystery dungeon, especially as many may not know the MD game's storylines to well.

Last edited by a moderator:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I pointed this out in the discord before, but this could be an interesting music piece to tackle:

It could make for a good comparison between the main games and mystery dungeon, especially as many may not know the MD game's storylines to well.
While it could be a neat article as well (should we maybe just have a music analysis series and keep it separate from Blaine's Trivia?), I sorta feel that this series should be more established facts than debatable similarities in music (and here I feel it is easily debatable). Blaine seems like the feel who likes facts rather than speculation to me. =p

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
While it could be a neat article as well (should we maybe just have a music analysis series and keep it separate from Blaine's Trivia?), I sorta feel that this series should be more established facts than debatable similarities in music (and here I feel it is easily debatable). Blaine seems like the feel who likes facts rather than speculation to me. =p

A music analysis series could be a good idea too if there are enough things that can be written for it.

I can understand not using this though as you are true it isn't a hard fact but something that could b debated as being there or not being intentional.

Back