• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where Legends Were Born (Legendary Pokemon)

How often do you use Legendary Pokemon in Competitive Battling?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snivy063

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
You caught Mew using a Pokeball? That's .. unbelievable really. I find it amazing though! :D

Hmm, never really caught one using a Pokeball. I always use specialized balls on capturing legendary Pokemons. :(

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Legendary in a Poke Ball? Well, here's a little situation I once had in Crystal. I was once looking for the Legendary Beasts. I already had Entei. I figured "Hey, I'll check and see if Raikou is in this patch of grass I happen to be near." I walk in it, and what do you know? Raikou appears. Then, I decide to do one more thing that seems near impossible. I throw a Poke Ball at Raikou, at full HP, with no status ailments. And I caught him. Several years later, I found out that the chances of that working were 0.4%.

As far as the whole Mew in a PokeBall, Mew actually has a catch rate of 45, where most legendaries have a catch rate of 3 (including the aforementioned Raikou). With a catch rate of 45, the odds of catching Mew in a regular Poke Ball at full HP with no status ailments are 5.9%. This is the same rate as trying to catch a Deino, Dratini, and many other Pokemon.

Nagaraja

আমি সর্প থেকে নোয়ান নিচে হবে
Years
Not a regular pokeball, but I did catch my Giratina in a Dusk Ball... I tend to only use those, since I play at night. :D

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Not a regular pokeball, but I did catch my Giratina in a Dusk Ball... I tend to only use those, since I play at night. :D
I personally love the Dusk Ball and tend to use them more than any other balls to catch Legendary Pokemon. I just like the dark shadows when releasing Pokemon in-battle.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years

Yay! No more TCG! I think I mentioned this, but I never understood TCG, even after reading the Pamphlet thing over and over.

Its been a while, so I figured I'd post a new topic
New Topic: Have you ever caught a legendary Pokemon in a Poke Ball?
I wish I could say I have.

Several instances, yes. Almost all Hoenn legendaries, i caught with a Pokeball (excluding Lati@s and events). The three legendary birds, minus Zapdos, I also caught with a Pokeball. And Dialga, Palkia, and Heatran, I caught with a Pokeball. I hate other balls (except Master Ball) that's why I always try to catch my mons with a Pokeball.

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years
I personally love the Dusk Ball and tend to use them more than any other balls to catch Legendary Pokemon. I just like the dark shadows when releasing Pokemon in-battle.
I love Dusk Ball but I tend to love dive ball more. That's why I get a bunch of legendaries in dive ball <3

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
NEW TOPIC!!

Have you ever fainted a Legendary Pokemon? If so then why? (Careless to catch it and become its trainer?)

ALSO the final bird trio deserves some attention! Zapdos!
145.png

145.gif
145.gif
145.png
145.png
145.png
145.png
145.gif

The movepool of Heat Wave, Roost, Volt Switch & Signal Beam are what I teach mine. Go Zapdos!

Last edited:

Mentalii

Back
Years
Have you ever fainted a Legendary Pokémon ? If so then why ?

Unfortunately, yes I have. I fainted the powerful Ho-Oh.
I was about 7, and it was in my Silver Version. Actually I didn't do it on purpose... But after this long and difficult trip ro reach Tin Tower top (yes at 7 I had a lot of trouble to reach Ho-Oh), whereas I didn't even know that I would find the legendary bird... And, the first thing I did was to speak to it ! I didn't know that a battle would begin
17.%20disbelief.gif
. Oh, obviously I hadn't saved. That... Made me really sick, particularly because I hadn't the Master Ball anymore, and not a lot of other Balls. So, when I hadn't balls anymore, I had no choice to faint it. And, I hadn't the courage to go through the Tin Tower all over agin, so I gave up and never had Ho-Oh in my Silver version :pink_no:

Okay now guys Pokémon of the Week pics :

Spoiler:

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Have you ever fainted a Legendary Pokémon ? If so then why ?

Unfortunately, yes I have. I fainted the powerful Ho-Oh.
I was about 7, and it was in my Silver Version. Actually I didn't do it on purpose... But after this long and difficult trip ro reach Tin Tower top (yes at 7 I had a lot of trouble to reach Ho-Oh), whereas I didn't even know that I would find the legendary bird... And, the first thing I did was to speak to it ! I didn't know that a battle would begin
17.%20disbelief.gif
. Oh, obviously I hadn't saved. That... Made me really sick, particularly because I hadn't the Master Ball anymore, and not a lot of other Balls. So, when I hadn't balls anymore, I had no choice to faint it. And, I hadn't the courage to go through the Tin Tower all over agin, so I gave up and never had Ho-Oh in my Silver version :pink_no:

Okay now guys Pokémon of the Week pics :

Spoiler:
Pokemon of the Week is 'Kyogre' still, this Zapdos thing (The Bird Trio) is something different, just for discussion during the week. This Friday will be the Mewtwo/Mew Duo. But the Pokemon of the Week will be something else entirely different! Just to clarify that up. My bad xD

But I LOOOOVE that first Zapdos picture. It's beautiful!

I had never fainted a Legendary Pokemon before..I love Legendary Pokemon to much that I always saved right before talking to them. Wait, unless, you consider accidentally fainting them and restarting to last save to try weakening them up to capture them again? I'd say I did that to every Legendary you can find except the Roamers?

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
I fainted Ho-Oh in HGSS. It was an unwanted critical hit that finished him... Boo.
Did you use Rock Slide to finish it off hoping that 4x would weaken him up badly with just one attack? LOL I hate that. Using a lower leveled Pokemon to use a move like that, just that one time you don't want that critical hit to occur!

Nagaraja

আমি সর্প থেকে নোয়ান নিচে হবে
Years
I fainted Ho-Oh in HGSS. It was an unwanted critical hit that finished him... Boo.
^ This.... All my pokes are so overleveled... I totally forgot about HO-OH in Soul Silver, and now my A-team is too strong.. *Sigh* oh well...thats what I get. For forgetting...
And now, an awesome picture I loled at.
Because, it pays to be the "father" pokemon.
Spoiler:

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
Not joining this club would be a real shame, so...

Name- Sayan
Partner- Arceus (Normal type)

¤Who do you think is the Strongest Legendary Pokemon?

I'd say either Kyogre or Arceus. Flavour wise, Arceus is the strongest as it is represented to be omnipotent. Statwise also Arceus has a clear advantage, having the highest BST. However, Kyogre is also pretty strong, especially from a competitive player's point of view. Choice Specs Kyogre's STAB Rain boosted 150 BP Water Spout plows through anything that isn't immune to it or isn't named Palkia. So it's a tie between Arceus and Kyogre.

¤Which Typing do you prefer on Arceus and why?

I don't play uber too much. From my somewhat limited knowledge I'd say Normal Arceus is the most powerful, as it can hold a Life Orb to power-up all its moves (unlike the plates which only power up STAB moves). Alternatively, it can hold Leftovers for extra healing. However, different types of Arceus play differently. A normal Arceus can't wall like a Steel Arceus, nor can it absorb Toxic Spikes like Poison Arceus, nor can it be as successful in mono-attacking as Dragon Arceus.

¤Have you ever fainted a legendary?

I've never fainted one intentionally. But I accidentally fainted Regice in Emerald, my Blaziken was too strong for it. I reset and caught it later.

¤Oh and IMO Phione is should not be considered legendary. I know there has been a lot of official sources supporting as well as opposing this. But my logic is simple. You can get an infinite number of Phione without trading or cheating in a single game (through breeding). Legendaries can never be produced through breeding, only 1 can be legally obtained in a game without trading or cheating. So it shouldn't be considered legendary.

Just my 0.02$.

miltankRancher

Years
Time for the most badass legendary get the attention it deserves. Now, y'all need to bow down to him.

ON TOPIC:

I have quite a few times. During special runs, I tend to ignore the legendaries, and just kill them for the experience. Nobody dislikes exp!

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
NEW TOPIC:

This is a rumor about Kyurem receiving a new form. What does everyone think about this? Do you think it is true? Are you excited to see it? Do you think it'll mess up Kyurem as it is?

Not joining this club would be a real shame, so...

Name- Sayan
Partner- Arceus (Normal type)

¤Who do you think is the Strongest Legendary Pokemon?

I'd say either Kyogre or Arceus. Flavour wise, Arceus is the strongest as it is represented to be omnipotent. Statwise also Arceus has a clear advantage, having the highest BST. However, Kyogre is also pretty strong, especially from a competitive player's point of view. Choice Specs Kyogre's STAB Rain boosted 150 BP Water Spout plows through anything that isn't immune to it or isn't named Palkia. So it's a tie between Arceus and Kyogre.

¤Which Typing do you prefer on Arceus and why?

I don't play uber too much. From my somewhat limited knowledge I'd say Normal Arceus is the most powerful, as it can hold a Life Orb to power-up all its moves (unlike the plates which only power up STAB moves). Alternatively, it can hold Leftovers for extra healing. However, different types of Arceus play differently. A normal Arceus can't wall like a Steel Arceus, nor can it absorb Toxic Spikes like Poison Arceus, nor can it be as successful in mono-attacking as Dragon Arceus.

¤Have you ever fainted a legendary?

I've never fainted one intentionally. But I accidentally fainted Regice in Emerald, my Blaziken was too strong for it. I reset and caught it later.

¤Oh and IMO Phione is should not be considered legendary. I know there has been a lot of official sources supporting as well as opposing this. But my logic is simple. You can get an infinite number of Phione without trading or cheating in a single game (through breeding). Legendaries can never be produced through breeding, only 1 can be legally obtained in a game without trading or cheating. So it shouldn't be considered legendary.

Just my 0.02$.
Interesting...theory on everything. LOL

I'll bring up something about Phione in the future, keep an eye out ;)

Last edited:

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
This is the first I've heard of Kyurem recieving a new form. I dunno if it would make it better or worse, it would depend on the style and such. Its kinda ripping off Giratina in my mind if they do it though.
I've seen someone talking about it in another club and in the Black/White section there is a thread up if I remember correctly about it.

I think there should be a newer form for Kyurem, I don't think it's really going to have its head close down that low to the ground all the time..LOL

miltankRancher

Years
Is zapods really the POTW? I think it's just the discussion pokemon, and now overran by Kyurem. LOL.

Anyway, on topic: I think Kyurem will be made more awesome by GF if ever they make an alternate form, just like how they did with Origin Giratina. I think any imbalanced issues regarding Kyurem will be cleared with the coming of the new form.

well, since we are all talking about rumors here, I am neutral to the possiblity of it. There is no sign yet of the release of a third game (maybe it will come out three-four five years from now, after the possible remake of Hoenn.) When it comes out, i am sure there is a new form of Kyurem. It all depends on the possibility of the game, and its version mascot, because if Kyurem is not the VM, then chances will be lowered, more like a Shaymin.

dafuq did I say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back