• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
I have been SRing a Johto starter since August, and you give up after a few weeks? What kind of shiny hunters are you?
Nah... It's just that... Well, Cryogonal isn't really worth waiting for... If it was a Litwick or a Gastly, I'd probably wait for as long as it would take... And I just really want to switch to a certain other target... but Cryo has been eating up all my time...

Years
Masuda Method takes forever :<

Been trying for a shiny Snorunt on white for weeks. Giving up soon.

Also, has anyone ever gotten a shiny using the pokeradar in D/P/P? Might try that.

Just keep going at it - it'll come eventually.
And it feels great when it does!

Yes, but I disapprove personally of the ridiculously high chances for a considerably easier method... :P

You said it! I've been trying quite long already for Cryogonal, hoping it wouldn't take as long as my previous hunt. Unfortunately, it IS gonna take some time. I've been pushing away my fanfic stuff just for this, I may give up soon if it doesn't show up tomorrow though...

And yes... Pokeradar does have higher chance... You're better off trying pokeradar near Snowpoint city if you want a shiny Snorunt that badly...

I hope you get it!
You could always just do both.... xD

I have been SRing a Johto starter since August, and you give up after a few weeks? What kind of shiny hunters are you?

How many SRs are you at? O:

Latios has been MMing for a year with nothing.

Nah... It's just that... Well, Cryogonal isn't really worth waiting for... If it was a Litwick or a Gastly, I'd probably wait for as long as it would take... And I just really want to switch to a certain other target... but Cryo has been eating up all my time...

Any target's a target worth it! XP

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
considerably easier method... :P

easier? I suck at chaining, tried starting with Bidoof on route 201 and I couldn't do it.

How many SRs are you at? O:

Latios has been MMing for a year with nothing.

Don't know the SR's, haven't been counting :P A year is much. But I recall seeing the number some time ago and it wasn't really that high.

Anyway, been putting hunting on hold while I complete the Pokedex.

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2012
Shinnies I've caught so far:

Gold: I don't really think the Gyarados at Lake Rage counts

Sapphire: Whismur, Tentacool and Zubat

Emerald: Surskit and Latios

Pearl: Drifloon

Right now I'm currently trying to hatch a Shiny Zorua in White :P

Years
easier? I suck at chaining, tried starting with Bidoof on route 201 and I couldn't do it.

Don't know the SR's, haven't been counting :P A year is much. But I recall seeing the number some time ago and it wasn't really that high.

Anyway, been putting hunting on hold while I complete the Pokedex.

Easier, not easy! Haha XP

3,000 thousand something? Not sure :P

Good luck with the dex!

Gold: I don't really think the Gyarados at Lake Rage counts

Sapphire: Whismur, Tentacool and Zubat

Emerald: Surskit and Latios

Pearl: Drifloon

Right now I'm currently trying to hatch a Shiny Zorua in White :P

Awesome! I'm unsure if you're new to the club, so welcome! (?)

Wow! Sweet! Were they all hunted, or randmo? If so you were pretty lucky with the random ones... xD

I hope Zorua comes quickly! I think the Masuda Method is cursed in our club... Milotic's Yamask was the only quick MM hunt I recall since... February? XDD

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2012

Good luck with the dex!

Wow! Sweet! Were they all hunted, or randmo? If so you were pretty lucky with the random ones... xD

I hope Zorua comes quickly! I think the Masuda Method is cursed in our club... Milotic's Yamask was the only quick MM hunt I recall since... February? XDD

Lol yeah I'm new to the club so hi :D

The shiny Pokemon I listed were all random except for Whismur (spent a long time looking for one but I really wanted one xP)

Can't wait until I hatch a shiny Zorua :D

Years

Good luck with the dex!

EDIT: Ending today on 26,635. Haha, I'll probably get to 30k at the weekend! Then I'll laugh as promised! The 50k hunt I was hoping for/waiting for, perhaps? *Wink wink*

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016

The shiny Pokemon I listed were all random except for Whismur (spent a long time looking for one but I really wanted one xP)

Welcome! You have some serious luck with random shinies, haha.
EDIT: Ending today on 26,635. Haha, I'll probably get to 30k at the weekend! Then I'll laugh as promised! The 50k hunt I was hoping for/waiting for, perhaps? *Wink wink*
I hope you're joking.. :cer_eek:

Due mostly to me getting Kid Icarus Uprising, (BEST DANG GAME EVER) I haven't hunted since my last update.

Good luck!

Years
Due mostly to me getting Kid Icarus Uprising, (BEST DANG GAME EVER) I haven't hunted since my last update.
See i told you its epic :) anyway congrats on everyone's shinies i might have not seen and milotic fan dont be too down ive given up on pokemon ive wanted a lot :P
any way heres my update:
Ponyta Route 206: 755 REs
:(

Years
I think this is a supposed kick to my back from my Cryogonal... But I don't care...

Spoiler:

Everstone worked! And IVs... Whoah... Worth the wait! 29, 14 20, 9, 24, and 24... Calm Nature plus great Sp. Def IV... I can finally rest in peace!

Wow! Made it before my self-imposed goal of making it before Saturday! I'm gonna take a break from hunting as I'm gonna be away for some time now...

(I hope the pic was posted correctly...)

Years

(Love your icon...)
Welcome!
Wow! Random shiny Latios?!
You're like a friend of mine then; random shiny Entei's....
Good luck with Zorua!

Not sure what happened with this post??

Welcome! You have some serious luck with random shinies, haha.

I hope you're joking.. :cer_eek:

Good luck!

No? XD

I hope it is.
I need to buy it *Innocent*

See i told you its epic :) anyway congrats on everyone's shinies i might have not seen and milotic fan dont be too down ive given up on pokemon ive wanted a lot :P
any way heres my update:
Ponyta Route 206: 755 REs
:(

It seems like a lot - but think of the people that have done, like, 15k+! O:!

Anywho, I hope your awesome Ponyta comes soon(er than that).
Just keep trying for it!

I think this is a supposed kick to my back from my Cryogonal... But I don't care...

Spoiler:

Everstone worked! And IVs... Whoah... Worth the wait! 29, 14 20, 9, 24, and 24... Calm Nature plus great Sp. Def IV... I can finally rest in peace!

Wow! Made it before my self-imposed goal of making it before Saturday! I'm gonna take a break from hunting as I'm gonna be away for some time now...

(I hope the pic was posted correctly...)

Kick to your back? :Confused:

That's an AWESOME Crygonal! O;

I hope, either way, shinies come soon!

EDIT:
Oh dear.
I just tried to soft reset and sat here for about 5 minutes.
My DS' were all off.
:/

Last edited:

rykerr1

Shiny Fanatic
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 6, 2012
Hi everyone =) I'm new to this forum and was hoping to join this club!

For a little bit about me: I started hunting last year after I found a random shiny Karrablast in White and went online to find somebody to help me evolve it... while I was looking around forums I discovered shiny hunting. I started off with MMing, then SRing, and eventually started REing as well. I don't chain because I'm awful at it >.< Also RNGing is too technical and complicated looking for me XD My first intentionally hunted shiny was a Beldum that I MM'd in White, and my favorite shiny is Sceptile.

I'm currently focusing on SRing Snivy in Black (started that hunt around Christmas), Piplup in Platinum (started hunting that in August), and REing in Pokemon Tower in Leaf Green (for my badge quest, started that a couple weeks ago). I'm also SRing Eevee in Heart Gold and Regirock in Sapphire on the side.

Anyway, I see a lot of shinies being posted so congrats everyone =) I look forward to discussing shinies with everyone here!

Years
Hi everyone =) I'm new to this forum and was hoping to join this club!

For a little bit about me: I started hunting last year after I found a random shiny Karrablast in White and went online to find somebody to help me evolve it... while I was looking around forums I discovered shiny hunting. I started off with MMing, then SRing, and eventually started REing as well. I don't chain because I'm awful at it >.< Also RNGing is too technical and complicated looking for me XD My first intentionally hunted shiny was a Beldum that I MM'd in White, and my favorite shiny is Sceptile.

I'm currently focusing on SRing Snivy in Black (started that hunt around Christmas), Piplup in Platinum (started hunting that in August), and REing in Pokemon Tower in Leaf Green (for my badge quest, started that a couple weeks ago). I'm also SRing Eevee in Heart Gold and Regirock in Sapphire on the side.

Anyway, I see a lot of shinies being posted so congrats everyone =) I look forward to discussing shinies with everyone here!

Hello!
Ahh! It's nice to get to know a bit about you! Welcome to the club - I think you'll enjoy our antics.

All I can say is.. WOW! That many shinies?! Since last year!?
You are lucky!
(I've been hunting just over 7 months now, and only 5 to show for it haha)
From your shinies so far, it seems, we have a lot in common :P I'm guessing you prefer Squirtle over Charmander?
And like Eevee?

Anyway; I hope you get a shiny soon, and that you enjoy your time here! :D

EDIT: Ending today at a wonderfully over halfway there:
School isn't allowing me many SRs lately, but the numbers seem to be going up steadily anyway :3
23,153 to go!!

Last edited:

rykerr1

Shiny Fanatic
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 6, 2012
Hello!
Ahh! It's nice to get to know a bit about you! Welcome to the club - I think you'll enjoy our antics.

All I can say is.. WOW! That many shinies?! Since last year!?
You are lucky!
(I've been hunting just over 7 months now, and only 5 to show for it haha)
From your shinies so far, it seems, we have a lot in common :P I'm guessing you prefer Squirtle over Charmander?
And like Eevee?

Anyway; I hope you get a shiny soon, and that you enjoy your time here! :D

School isn't allowing me many SRs lately, but the numbers seem to be going up steadily anyway :3
23,153 to go!!

Thanks for the welcome =) And yea once I discovered shiny hunting I got pretty hardcore about it... also my Soul Silver game spoiled me A LOT last year XD I haven't hunted on it in awhile, I should probably get back to it soon...

I do prefer Squirtle to Charmander and Bulbasaur but I like all of them a lot, and I intend to hunt for them both later... and I am definitely an Eevee fan (I'm guessing you are too =P). I especially love Glaceon, Espeon, and Leafeon... I have a shiny Leafeon that I got off the GTS but I want one of my own, which is why I'm hunting for another Eevee.

Anway, is that 26847 SR's?! That's a lot =O Are you trying to get to 50000 SR's for something?

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
3600 Spiritomb.
1606 Nincada/Zigzagoon/Taillow/Whismur/Skitty.

There's less than a week left for the chaining contest, and NeonTsuba is currently in first place with...

*drumroll*

...two shinies from a chain! If you think you can beat that, get chaining! :)

I haven't formally looked at the results yet, but as far as I can recall, no one has submitted a highest chain yet. So if you can get a chain of 1, you'll be able to win part of the contest! :cer_laugh:

My post count is the year.

Haha, that's awesome! Congrats!

pictures say more than words:

View attachment 64247

Congrats!! Way to get back-to-back shinies!

Welcome to the SHC!

The 50k hunt I was hoping for

You are truly insane. In fact, I feel threatened by your attempted usurpation of my title as the most insane shiny hunter and challenge you on your quest!!! *points finger*

Let's see...
*counts up hunts*
...26,579! I'm right behind you! *evil laugh*

That's spread out over 12 hunts, though, so it's much less impressive than yours. This is a really twisted, inverted method of shiny hunting, but it might just be insane enough to work! We'll see who has the highest number of encounters/SRs/eggs without getting a shiny! And if you get a shiny, you lose all your work for that hunt and the number gets reset to 0!! :pink_laugh:

Although if you want to reset all hunts entirely every time you get a shiny, my number goes way down to like 7,000, "lol." Most of those hunts were started before my last shiny, haha.

I hope you...lose this competition? (That's a way of saying good luck getting a shiny...I think. :cer_confused:)

I can finally rest in peace!

Wow, congrats!! Way to stick with the hunt and achieve your goal!!

OMG IT'S RYKKER1!!!!!!!!!!!!

guise leik dis iz 1 of da cul est evar

Seriously, rykker is one (1? "lol") of the best shiny hunters ever, and we're honored to have her join! If you don't believe me... :pink_wink:

Welcome to the club!!

Last edited:

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Congratz to everyone whose gotten a shiny! You are all very lucky.

So I've been SRing for a new Snivy since about... October last year? Still no luck >.>
Also as for the Eevee I want.. 3 or so months of sring for that and no luck as well. And I saw people wanting to give up.
I assume I'm well over 10k Sr's since I've been going for them for so long. :(

WHERES YOUR COMMITMENT!?!

Also to you giver uppers, look at TSE over 30k encounters by now I'm sure. Now that is COMMITMENT!
I definitely believe you deserve a shiny soon indeed!

-Edit-

Rykerr1; :O much respect, much respect indeed. Everyone, a champion is among us!

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
2012-04-25232541.jpg

i come bearing shininess!!

sorry about the flash. my phone had to be reset because my battery wouldnt stay charged due to an upgrade, so EVERYTHING on my phone had to be replaced. i've lost all my apps and have found some of them.

Also, BIRTHDAY SHINY!!!! i was hoping this would happen, and it came close to the wire. yes, today is my birthday, i am probably the oldest member in here at 27. i had moved from my previous spot in SoulSilver because when i was playing some HeartGold, i was around the outside of the Safari Zone, and i encountered there for a while, and liked the Poke's in the area, so i moved here in SoulSilver. that was Sunday!! anyone else notice my last three shinies from this game were blue?

2012-04-25232843.jpg

i figured out how to remove the flash right after, lol

OMG IT'S RYKKER1!!!!!!!!!!!!

guise leik dis iz 1 of da cul est evar

Seriously, rykker is one (1? "lol") of the best shiny hunters ever, and we're honored to have her join!

o_O say what?

Isnt Rykerr from SHU? guess Zabi's on a ban spree again.........

my next hunt area is to the left of Ecruteak. i was here before, and if i remember right, i either got a Meowth or a Raticate here

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
BIRTHDAY SHINY!!!!
Congrats!!!!! And happy birthday too! :cer_boogie:
23,153 to go!!
Good luck!
3600 Spiritomb.
1606 Nincada/Zigzagoon/Taillow/Whismur/Skitty.

There's less than a week left for the chaining contest, and NeonTsuba is currently in first place with...

*drumroll*

...two shinies from a chain! If you think you can beat that, get chaining! :)

I haven't formally looked at the results yet, but as far as I can recall, no one has submitted a highest chain yet. So if you can get a chain of 1, you'll be able to win part of the contest! :cer_laugh:
Good luck!

Chaining contest = apparently not the best idea. :pink_laugh:

I've still been playing Kid Icarus Uprising heavily. I think I may stop shiny hunting until I finish it. :cer_wink:

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Wow no one doing chaining. Looks like as a veteran chainer I need to get in on this. Will try to win both ;p

Pick a shiny for me to chain from Diamond and I will get one for the contest.

Spiritomb on hold whilst I chain.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Hi joining c: I own tonnes of shinies but these are all traded, chained or from RNG, so it's about time to get some proper ones! SS keeps telling me how great it is and that I should hunt, so here I am!

Pick a shiny for me to chain from Diamond and I will get one for the contest.

Buizel! T'was my first ever chain breed <3

So yeah, started my first hunt a week or so ago. It's not been going very fast (since I'm incredibly lazy) but I'm doing REs in Pinwheel Forest. Aiming for a shiny Sewaddle but I wouldn't be too upset if I get a more common Pokemon instead. At just over 400 REs so far (I count using PP, there's probably a quicker way of doing it but at least I can train at the same time :p) and I'm aiming to do 100 or so a day, but judging by what G-Money said, it takes roughly 8,000 REs on average to get a shiny... -cries- Best get back to it then! c:

Back