• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
MetalMario said:
I swear, there must be something in the water that's turning those Hoppips green. Maybe the same thing that killed Techtonix... ;)

I WISH. *Looks around and still no shiny Hoppip.* I find the shiny Hoppips really cute, the evolutions too, so much so that I started hunting for one. Over 400 Hoppip later... well you get the point. (I'm counting to see how many I ran into if I ever do find one.)

*sigh* Shiny ghost-types I can do, most others I haven't a chance. Truthfully, the Heracross is only the second one I've caught that I like the coloring of, the first being my Duskull.

Oh and speaking of shiny Duskull, who thinks I should let it evolve? Is shiny Dusclops still ruby colored?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
shiny dusclops looks like:
pkrssh149.gif
which isn't too bad, i'd evolve it.

Lord Jaws

The Lovable Tramp
Years
Hey Dark Mighty Latias, is that Hurstville, Sydney? I used to live around there, its an Ok place. I went looking for Entei and still no cigar, but I have almost finished purifying all my shadows in Colosseum. yay. Maybe the Ho-oh will be shiny lol. (yeah rite)

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Years
*Eew* Ruby Duclops is fine on a gameboy, on COLOSSEUM it looks like they took the normal grey and added pink over top of it... *Eew* *Demoonica cringes* But she's cool on Leaf, so I'll keep her this way! *Saves game.*

Years
Colosseum shinies are seriously messed. I think it must be because they took the code from Stadium GS, which was made when they didn't really well establish what all the shinies were supposed to look like. (Purple shiny Meganium?? AAH!!)

Akidatheart: Everyone's welcome at this club! (except pkmaster, XD) I have a friend who I think has turned 30, so it's all good. Pok?mon is a strategic RPG, not just some kiddy kartoon, so there's no reason why it's limited to younger individuals. (It's actually quite fun to decimate the n00bish teams that these youngsters like to use.) (Also, make sure to read up on EVs and the like, if you haven't, already.) Keep up the interest; we'd love to have you around.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
i was talking to akidatheart last night, and she's pretty much the coolest person on PC

Akidatheart

Pokémom
Years
Thank!

Thanks Ryan, for the wonderful references. :classic: Thanks to everyone else for the welcome and reassurances that age doesn't matter.
So, last night I spent about 3 hours trying for a shiny starter in Sapphire.. it's a very slow go. Does anyone think there is a way to increase the chance of getting shinies? I ask because I read somewhere that there are hidden factors that determine how well your "pickup" pokemon do at finding items. (I thought maybe there could be hidden factors that determine other things as well) I have started my games over from the beginning so many times that I tend to agree with the pickup theory because in some of my games I will have awesome luck finding items, in others it takes ages to find things. (I use a team of Zigzagoons) Any ideas about that one?
I am going to study up on EV's and all of that.. I know a little about such things but have never really worked at any of it. (I do try to pay attention to the nature of my starters) I'll still play with the plain old pokemon, but it might be fun to try to get some really maxed out ones.
Bye for now,
Kim

marillmonster2000

PC's True Blue Marill
Years
hello people. i haven't been here in like, forever. but i come with good news. i did not get the shiny i was hunting(eevee). however, i got a different one. ditto. and no, i am not talking about the cheap ditto trick in gold silver and crystal, i caught one naturally in my leaf green version. so, if it isn't already caught, update the dex, sgm! ^^

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
woo! awesome job. but... we already have a shiny ditto. so it won't be yours that we add to the dex. but, it's no big deal, i'm co-founder and both of my shinies are owned by other club members.

Arcanine Fan 101

Lonesome Girl.
Years
for one thts rude and if you do it agian i will tell a moderater and have this site closed down!heres my list:porygon girairig delibird all the starters lapras milotic feebas latias latios all the first season exept mew half of the advanced pokemon 27 of the second season pokemon this is all honest and facts if you dont belive me i will tell my favorite moderater totidile and have this site closed thats that right rsgh5 or mr.rude and iim a girl that post hurt my feelings understand me now im in the fourth grade and ten years old that really hurt my feelings got it bub!!!!!!!!!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
you're going to tell totodile that i don't believe that you have like 200 shinies (i assume that "first season" means origianal 150)? somebody with two negative blocks of rep can't very well get one of the most popular clubs locked either (no offence). and i'm not as rude as some have been. i didn't make any comments to newcomers like "we welcome everybody here, except pkmaster." i'm sorry about huring your feelings, but we think that maybe you're just confused or something... like, you're listing the pokemon you've caught and not just the shiny ones. we figure that it takes a few weeks to catch a shiny... if that holds true for everybody, you'd have taken about 4 years shiny hunting unless you have rediculous luck. the whole first season?... i'm not going to try to kick you out now that you've presented your list, but i still don't believe that you've caught like 180 shinies... go tell the mods, they can't shut us down for not believing in something that unlikely.

Lord Jaws

The Lovable Tramp
Years
Yeah, you make these incredible claims and everytime someone asks for proof you say every conceivable excuse not to show it. When you behave like that, along with the fact you have negative rep, what do you expect ppl to think? Just coz Toto is your fave mod doesnt mean youre her fave member. <_< Lion Heart and Toto are friends but you dont see him going to her (under another account silly XD) to get his way with things.

On a brighter note, I FINALLY GOT IT! As I type I hold my shiny new DS in my hand. :D Its better than I dreamed of and is awesome to the max. All hail the DS!

marillmonster2000

PC's True Blue Marill
Years
pkmaster said:
for one thts rude and if you do it agian i will tell a moderater and have this site closed down!heres my list:porygon girairig delibird all the starters lapras milotic feebas latias latios all the first season exept mew half of the advanced pokemon 27 of the second season pokemon this is all honest and facts if you dont belive me i will tell my favorite moderater totidile and have this site closed thats that right rsgh5 or mr.rude and iim a girl that post hurt my feelings understand me now im in the fourth grade and ten years old that really hurt my feelings got it bub!!!!!!!!!
for one, that is not rude. he is simply stating that we already have a shiny ditto. it says no where in the rules that you have to lie to people in clubs. he was definatly not being rude to me. in fact, i think he even congratulated me. and besides, a moderator couldn't have "this site closed down"... only the creator of the site can have it closed down. and your list is a bunch of bull****, i sieriously doubt you have 278 shiny pokemon. most people dont even have 278 non shiny pokemon. get your head out of your *** dude. -_-;; and congrats on your new ds, lj. ^_^

Last edited:

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Years
Welcome Akidatheart! Your not alone about moms who play Pokemon, mine does too, she's age 38. I haven't gotten to play my Fire Red beyond sending over the two starters I didn't choose on Leaf Green. *Laughs* It's nice to know that not all parents think pokemon's a bad thing.

If there are hidden factors for better chances at seeing shiny pokemon, I believe my Saphire is on the good side of it, I'm just under 300 hours and I've seen four shinys on it, though I've only cauget two. I really wish I had caught the Lairon, I hate Roar. Knocking out the Golbat didn't bother me though.

Congradulations on catching the shiny Ditto marillmonster2000!

Congradulations on the DS Lord Jaws!

Question for the people who run Shiny Hunters, is it okay to use the Shiny Hunter Trainer's Card I made in my sig? I dislike bandwith-ing the over used pokemonelite2000's pics. *I also made the pic of Demoonica, so you can see me anime style! Both were done in in the microsoft paint program.*

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
ooo fancy. no, that card is awesome, i'd be glad to let you use it so long as you're willing to make the rest of us them! mwahahahaah!

Years
pkmaster said:
A few things:

1. Please don't use run-on sentences they are hard to read.

2. You're saying you have 245 shinies. It would typically take five and a half years of constant, non-stop playing to find this many shinies. You say you're ten, so that's more than half your entire life. This is based on my typical encounter rate of one per 200 hours. Others report spending more than 750 hours not finding any shinies.

3. The manner in which you list them is redundant, climactic, suggesting that you're making this up on the spot. (You say you have Porygon, then follow it up by saying that you have each of the first 150.)

4. Why would Toto remotely want the site closed over such a miniscule quibble? The worst that could possibly happen is a ban-fest of this club, but there's no justification for that. Toto knows better.

5. We usually post short stories on how we found our shinies. Would you care to entertain us?

6. Each time you've mentioned a shiny, it's been in response to one of us mentioning that we'd like to go find that particular shiny. Don't you think that frustrates us? "Hurts our feelings?"

Last edited:
Back