• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
I have another quetion for you guys: When you transfer Shiny Pokemon from your other games (Emerald, FireRed...) to Pal Park, does that reset the 1/8192 chance of any appearing in your Diamond/Pearl games? Or does it stay unaffected?

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
Well, what I meant with my question was that if the Percentage rate of a Shiny Pokemon appearing was reset, not the Pokemon itself. But if that is what you meant in your response, then thank you very much!

Last edited:

Avolition

TEN THOUSAND FISTS
Years
Yeah, lol. I only beat up to the 6th gym now though. At least I can fly back to hunt. How do you do that on the other games though? Other than Diamond and Pearl. Do you just walk around forever, searching?

Avolition

TEN THOUSAND FISTS
Years
Neither of them sound easy, but I'll try hatching in Diamond and hunting then hatching in Sapphire. Seeing as I don't have one in Sapphire.

spiderc

Rocking Rampardos Trainer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2010
hey guys! i joined a long time ago back on page 200 under the name dulemaster12. i was on a mad hunt for a shiny shroomish back then, but i never found one... Then a couple of months ago i finally found/caught my first shiny a sneasel since then i've evolved it into a weavile

hey, if you going to try hatching for a shiny have a pokemon with the flame body or magma armor abilty so your eggs hatch faster.

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
@ Shadow Chaos - I understand your question better than the kids, they never take the time to read things, I swear. Here's your answer:

Sending a shiny Pokemon to your game, has no effect on how long it will take to find a shiny in the wild. Every time you see a wild Pokemon, the chance of it being shiny is always 1 in 8192, remember it isn't a count down, so it could take seeing over twenty-thousand wild Pokemon or it could be the very first one you encounter.

I hope you have better luck than most of us, it seems we hardly ever find shinys quickly.

Ja-ne!

- - - Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
To: Lady Demoonica Darkmoon:
Thank you very much, that's much clearer. I know it isn't a count down (would be great though...), but now I know that it doesn't affect the percentage whatsoever. Thanks again, Lady Demoonica Darkmoon!! ^ ^

spiderc

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2010
oh that's what you meant, sorry for not answering

Avolition

TEN THOUSAND FISTS
Years
hey guys! i joined a long time ago back on page 200 under the name dulemaster12. i was on a mad hunt for a shiny shroomish back then, but i never found one... Then a couple of months ago i finally found/caught my first shiny a sneasel since then i've evolved it into a weavile

hey, if you going to try hatching for a shiny have a pokemon with the flame body or magma armor abilty so your eggs hatch faster.

Yeah, I already knew that. *Hugs my Camerupt*

spiderc

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2010
i just caught a macargo so it's back to hatching for me

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
Well...The Magma Armor and Flame Body Ability don't work for hatching eggs in Sapphire (or Ruby, FireRed, and LeafGreen), only in Emerald, Diamond and Pearl...

Back