• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

DACALSTA

Shiny Bug Hunter [4/69]
Years
recently read all the safari zone posts

why is it i always seem to get lucky without reaslizing it?

anyway i have EPIC NEWS!!!!!!!!!!

i had a look around shiny vids on nintendo wii and blog posts on my 3DS (my laptop is dead)

turns out i have the WORLD'S FIRST SHINY GALVANTULA as no one has caught one before the 6th march so yeah =]

if i could get pics up i will but it'll will take voodoo magic to make it work =/

other nots are grats to all recent shinys commiserations to the lost and that new guy who joined (sorry can't see ur name) you lucky son of a gun man mega grats!!!!

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!! I JUST GOT LIKE THE BEST SHINY OF ALL TIME: BELDUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, I can hardly believe this! I was taking a short break from my Icefall Cave hunt to try some other things, so I decided to start breeding Beldum to make a 5th gen competitive team. Metagross can't learn Stealth Rock in GenV, so I was breeding on Diamond. I wasn't really looking for a shiny - I was hoping deep down that I'd get one, but 1/8192 breeding takes a really long time and I was just going to SR when the R/S/E remakes come out. My plan was to breed until I got 10 Adamant ones and then take the one with the best stats to use for my competitive team. But after a very short amount of Beldum, THE HATCH SCREEN WAS GLISTENED WITH SILVER BEAUTY!!! This is an amazing early Christmas present! :cer_love: Shiny Metagross is one of my favorites of all time, and it's most definitely in my top 5 (along with Rayquaza, Charizard, Latias, and probably Chandelure). This is so amazing!! I wasn't expecting to get one of my favorite shinies ever now, haha.

I wasn't counting the number of eggs, but my best guess would be 31. It was the first one of a new batch, and I probably did around 20 last night and then 11 this morning. I got my shiny Spheal at 4:12 AM and Beldum at 4:28 AM, but the circumstances were completely different: with Spheal, I hadn't gone to bed yet and was staying up late; with Beldum, I had already slept for 8 hours and was getting up early. :pink_laugh:

As my second shiny this month, Beldum ties a personal record for me. :D There are still 9 days left in the month (and year!), so hopefully I'll be able to beat my monthly best.

Spoiler:

*wonders what object Lake of Retro will guess was used for the photograph* :cer_laugh:

like to wish G-Money the best luck on his targets, hope you find 1 on xmas or xmas eve, and does ID's mean anything if you hunting for a starter?

Thank you so much!! You were the one who gave me early Christmas luck. :)

IDs do factor into whether or not a Pokemon is shiny, but the effect is negligible. I don't know the exact number, but it's something like the best ID increases your chances by 0.0001% and the worst ID decreases your chances by 0.0001%. Don't quote me on that, though, as I'm not sure if it's just for Emerald or if that's true for all games. Either way, we don't really have all that much control over it, and in the time you would take to restart your game from the beginning, you could've done a few more SRs. I would recommend against it, but you might want to wait until MetalMario gets back for a more informed opinion.

wish me luck or atleast keep me from going insane.

I would give you luck, Weber, but I just spent up all my luck points on shiny Beldum. It really broke the luck bank for me, and I used up every morsel available since I don't think it carries over into a new year.

*wishes Weber not to go insane* :pink_wink:

turns out i have the WORLD'S FIRST SHINY GALVANTULA as no one has caught one before the 6th march so yeah =]

if i could get pics up i will but it'll will take voodoo magic to make it work =/

Wow, that's really awesome! That's quite an accomplishment, to be the very first to get a certain shiny. Congrats!

I think you need a certain number of posts (15?) to be able to post pictures.

*begins recharging luck bar*

DACALSTA

Shiny Bug Hunter [4/69]
Years
GRATS G-MONEY

congratulations man! i think you really lucked out there =D

Shiny metagross definitely is epic and i would kill for one!!! that epic silver with gold cross it's truly a masterpiece =D

On another note i am beginning to tally my eggs and plan on doing 25 a day so far on 17 and counting

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Still Here, don't worry, but I haven't been hunting much..
you see, I just opened a trade shop,(I know it's horrible, but hey, I'ts my first ever)
so have been spending a lot of time EV training.
but, I intend to get back to hunting ASAP, as in, right now!

P.S. congrats G-money, beldum is awesome!
still looking for roggenrola, but might switch to tepig..
any opinions?

well good luck everyone!

---EDIT---
I decided to keep going with roggenrola,
and am going to try to hatch 30 eggs a day,(more if i'm not busy)meaning by new year's
eve,(if my calculations are right) i should have at least 324 eggs hatched.(hoping to get it before then)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2012
Congrats G-Money :D, I knew you get 1.

Minor update: Putting my hunts on hold, since xmas coming..But im hunting in the cave that lead you to azula (misspelled) and on 890 SR for torchic. Also, just got pokemon white and don't know which starter good. would be nice tell me which

G-Money

Years
Yes! :cer_boogie:

This is the best month ever.

Spoiler:

Wow. This is amazing! I've been hunting the Johto starters since April 15th, and I'm sure that I'm well over 30,000 Pokemon seen by now. I SRed over a shiny Chikorita back on July 4th, and I was wondering if I'd ever get one, haha. It seems like I've been dual hunting Johto starters alongside pretty much every hunt I've had!

I had actually opened MS Paint to start working on a new banner, but I closed it and decided to work on getting another shiny and save myself the work of having to update the banner again. And behold! A shiny Totodile right after I close Paint. :cer_laugh:

I found him at 8:15 AM, my first shiny in a while I actually got at a normal time, "lol."

As if I didn't have enough reason to love December already. :laugh:

congratulations man!

congrats G-money

Congrats G-Money

Thanks! :)

Scyther Slicer

The Beastest Bug Ever
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2011
I didn't want to read through over 500 pages of this thread, so I don't know if anyone has seen this yet:

you can get shinies through evolution.

It happened to me a few years back while I was playing pokemon silver. I had a regular white togepi, and after it evolved through happiness the togetic was a yellow/gold color. It was awesome, I had never had a shiny before (except for the shiny red gyarados, but that doesn't really count). It was pretty sweet. It had the same stats as any old pokemon, but it cool being yellow, lol. I thought my screen was messed up at first, but I looked in its stats and said it had the shiny icon. It'd be sweet if that sort of thing happened again, but it sounds like a REALLY rare event though :/

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
hello, just showing i'm still around.

congrats on all new catches/hatches, looks great.

It's late, but it's better than never, got a shiny lilipup in route 1 at the first days of december.

wish you all a happy christmas.

DACALSTA

Shiny Bug Hunter [4/69]
Years
update

seriously? 2 shinies in what 48 hours? u lucky ])\[``\\\_/[`\[\ƒ{{}**}*{{`/º]`\][`/[`\ƒƒ}{/ƒ[)``¨¨```[))\_\```\\ (insert more random symbols here) u r just getting all the shinies i have ever wanted it's rediclous mega grats tho for beating ur personal best!!!!!!!!!! =D

So far the tally is at 45 plus about 20 unofficially and a box of 30 means i am around 95ish =l

i don't know how you guys plow through shiny hunting like steamrollers i think the reason i get bored easily is that both my shines were completely random and outta the blue

wont be hunting much now because of me getting my first 3D Game Pokemon rumble blast i will do my best tho =]

seriously? 2 shinies in what 48 hours? u lucky ])\[``\\\_/[`\[\ƒ{{}**}*{{`/º]`\][`/[`\ƒƒ}{/ƒ[)``¨¨```[))\_\```\\ (insert more random symbols here) u r just getting all the shinies i have ever wanted it's rediclous mega grats tho for beating ur personal best!!!!!!!!!! =D

So far the tally is at 45 plus about 20 unofficially and a box of 30 means i am around 95ish =l

i don't know how you guys plow through shiny hunting like steamrollers i think the reason i get bored easily is that both my shines were completely random and outta the blue

wont be hunting much now because of me getting my first 3D Game Pokemon rumble blast i will do my best tho =]

Last edited:

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on the shiny Beldum and Totodile, G-Money! You're having incredible luck lately.

I finally got back to MMing Litwick. Nothing has shined yet. I plan on hatching some Cubchoo in time for Christmas. I already have one with an Adamant nature which helps.

It's my golden birthday today. :D

Weber

Thats Farfetch'd
Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2013
im not insane.... yet, or atleast so i think. just only did nine boxes of charmanders MMing didnt do any SR's since i think my games or duds or maybe my id is wrong and now im convinced that its that... what are good ids all of the same number or something because i know people like it when they have ids with only two different numbers in them or something.... (not insane i promise)

it looks like you offically have no more luck though G, but congrats on those shinies though both of them are really good ones and some of my favorite.

i dont know how i will feel if/when i get a shiny charmander prolly just say finally and tell you all about it.

congrats on all the other shinies as well.

ALSO MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!!

Last edited:

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
Congrats on shiny charmander, I hunting for one on duel Firered.
Thanks!

Congrats, Night!!!! What soarin' shiny! You've been hunting Charmander rapidfire since April; you must really have a fleetfoot to be able to hatch that many eggs! Congrats on having all that dedication pay off. I bet you had a wonder bolt of joy when you saw it hatch! :cer_smile:

Thanks, G (Can I call you G? Ahaha)! Since April? Wow, even I forgot I've been at it for that long.
I was at a party and wanted to make the least noise possible, but I got a good workout from spazzing if that counts xD
Congrats to you too, you got freaking awesome shinies 8D Tododile is so pretty, and... Beldum. Beldum breaks the awesome meter.

@Weber: Good luck! You deserve it.

Oh yeah, and Merry Christmas everyone (or Hanukkah or Kwanza)!

G-Money

Years
Merry Christmas, SHC! :)

Thanks for the congrats, everyone! As DACALSTA so eloquently put it, I've really felt ])\[``\\\_/[`\[\ƒ{{}**}*{{`/º]`\][`/[`\ƒƒ}{/ƒ[)``¨¨```[))\_\```\\ about getting shinies this week! :cer_laugh:

I got a 3DS for Christmas, which is really awesome. It accepts my Wifi router, so I'm finally able to go to the Dream World!! I got the event Victini, too!

My hunts are sort of all over the map now, and I seem to keep bouncing between them. I'm still on my quests to get every starter shiny, every Hoenn SRable shiny, and every Ghost shiny, but I have a long way to go!

Route 116 - 500 (started February 1st)
Manaphy/Turtwig - 17 (Started May 20th)
Palkia - 5702 (Started May 20th)
Snivy - 305 (Started July 11th)
Tepig - 36 (Started July 11th)
Oshawott - 5 (Started July 11th)
Dratini - 432 (Started July 18th)
Icefall Cave - 9300 (Started December 1st)
Route 216 - 301 (Started December 13th)
Chimchar - 89 (Started December 21st)

I didn't want to read through over 500 pages of this thread, so I don't know if anyone has seen this yet:

you can get shinies through evolution.

It happened to me a few years back while I was playing pokemon silver. I had a regular white togepi, and after it evolved through happiness the togetic was a yellow/gold color. It was awesome, I had never had a shiny before (except for the shiny red gyarados, but that doesn't really count). It was pretty sweet. It had the same stats as any old pokemon, but it cool being yellow, lol. I thought my screen was messed up at first, but I looked in its stats and said it had the shiny icon. It'd be sweet if that sort of thing happened again, but it sounds like a REALLY rare event though :/

I'm sorry, but I don't think that's possible. I've never heard of that happening before. Maybe your Togepi was shiny before you evolved it? The color difference can be kind of hard to tell in G/S/C.

Either way, you have a shiny Togetic now. :) That's always awesome!

got a shiny lilipup in route 1

Congrats!

I hope you had a great birthday, Latios Master! *puts a shiny Litwick in an egg and swaps it with a normal one in Latios Master's party*

Last edited:

Arceus Whisper

Shiny Hunter
Years
It's been ages since I last posted here, glad to see so many new members, still reading a month worth of post since the last time I was here. I got White for Christmas which revitalized my shiny hunting spirit. As soon as I beat the E4 I will resume my Gulpin hunt from a couple months back.

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2012
>:i

OMG MY LITTLE BROTHER RESTARTED HIS SOULSILVER GAME WHILE WE WERE PLAYING OUR GAME NEXT TO EACH OTHER AND WHEN HE GOT TO THE STARTERS I OPENED UP G-MONEY'S SHINY TOTODILE PICTURE AND MY BROTHER FINDS A RANDOM SHINY TOTODILE!
Lol, anyways restarted my Heartgold and Pearl and starting SRing for shiny Piplup and random starter. Started Heartgold hunt 5 days ago and Pearl today and have 260 SR's done since Kirby distracted me for a few days. Pearl has 25 SR's which is annoying because by the time Piplup is sent out I have 5 SR's done on my HG. =3
Gonna be mad at my brother for a while and stay away from him while searching through Shiny pictures and Videos since this is not the first time this has happened and will probally not be the last. >_<
Edit: Saw the first page and started wondering if this clan is continuing SkinnyGreenMan's list. Are we still doing the list or did it get cancelled?

Last edited:

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Thanks, G-Money!

I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas!

This week's very late random hunt is... Mantine! Mantyke will also be accepted.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Hope everybody had a good holiday. I currently have two shiny hunts going on. The first is a shiny Hoppip Im MMing for a Christmas gift for my pair here( late I know), it'll be my first ever hatched shiny. Ive hatched 48 eggs currently, and am pretty much hatching one PC box full a night. Im really hoping it dosent take like 1000 eggs, but Im going to keep going until I hatch it. As for his request its to be Jolly nature hopefully, and since the Hoppip Im using is a Dream World female, may have its hidden ability although not really important. He'll be so happy when it hatches. The other shiny hunt is Mesprit in Diamond. The other day, I got the sudden urge to hunt it and hurredly found my Diamond game to SR it. I havent gotten it shiny yet, but have a very good feeling about it right now, so Id be crazy to not act on this feeling, hoping that means I'll have a shiny Mesprit soon, completing the shiny Lake Trio in that game. I'll post again if I get it.

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Hey Everyone, Just showing I'm still here.
My hunts are still going, bit slower though.
I paused Roggenrola temporarily,
and started MM'ing Piplup in SS. AR'ed myself
a flawless ditto, so getting good iv'd ones too.
I got a 3DS for Christmas
haha, great! I've had one since June, They're pretty awesome.
so yeah, Piplup in SS, but thinking about getting a used platinum,
if I do I'm gonna move Piplup there and do Phione in SS.

Back