• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Gen 3 is my favorite because...

Years
So, I have gotten my hands on most of the Pokemon games from gen 3, and just need either Ruby or Sapphire to use my Jirachi disc. It put me in the mood to talk about why gen 3 was my favorite gen for Pokemon. Although my first game was Emerald, that is far from the reason why gen 3 is my favorite gen (oddly enough, none of the gen 3 games are my favorite game).

So first off, a big reason I like generation 3 is because it has good music in all of the games (and good GBA versions of the Kanto music). Most of the music I like, however, come from the Gamecube games, Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness. The Gamecube games made a lot of moments feel very serious and at times darker.

Another thing I like, is that when Kanto was remade, we finally get the female option in Kanto, who very likely is a redesign of the girl in the official art and Japanese game guide. On top of that, it has the Sevii Islands, which have the music of my favorite games in the series: the Johto games.

For the Nintendo Gamecube, it was enjoyable to have actual Pokemon stories on a console, with tradable Pokemon. I especially enjoyed XD: Gale of Darkness for the Pokemon who once purified, have special moves that they normally wouldn't learn. The stories were also very enjoyable, and quite different from the core games. I also enjoy the fact that in Colosseum, we get to play as an older teenager.

My favorite thing of all about gen 3, are the designs of the Hoenn Pokemon. Hoenn has a lot of my favorite Pokemon designs. My favorite among Hoenn are Delcatty, Roselia, and Kirlia.

What are some reasons that you guys enjoy generation 3? Was it also the first for any of you?

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
The Hoenn region is nice and tropical. XD and Colosseum are really good main series console pokemon games. There should be more like it. FRLG is also a good remake, not on HGSS level but still good.

Gen 3 has some nice designs as well. There are very few gen 3 pokemon that I dislike.

Last edited:

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
It used to be my favorite mostly because of nostalgia. The GBA's colorful yet simplistic graphics and Mother 3 French horns were two major factors in this.

The Pok?mon themselves were great, too, and I don't have many, if any qualms about them.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Gen 3 is one of my favorites because even though I'm starting the Pok?mon games by lending my cousin's Gameboy Color back then, I started the adventure of my own in Gen 3. Some of the Pok?mon that I like happened to be from Hoenn as well, like Taillow, Altaria, Ralts among others.

Sirfetch’d

Gen 3 has Castform so it automatically is the best! Not to mention the region is breathtakingly beautiful.

Back