pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great

Male
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
850 posts
5.7 Years
Awesome thank you so much now one thing that has me wondering is that when I'm trying to like edit a script using Porymap I click on Open Map scripts and nothing happens and when I go to look for a setting in one of the tabs to open via XSE to edit scripts I can't seem to find one is there a way to do it atm or no?
3DS FREIND CODE : 2724-3540-0898

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User

Male
Montevideo (Uruguay)
Seen 21 Minutes Ago
Posted 16 Hours Ago
2,568 posts
11.8 Years
Awesome thank you so much now one thing that has me wondering is that when I'm trying to like edit a script using Porymap I click on Open Map scripts and nothing happens and when I go to look for a setting in one of the tabs to open via XSE to edit scripts I can't seem to find one is there a way to do it atm or no?
That button of PoryMap only works if you have chosen a default text editor to open the file format in which the scripts are stored (.inc).
The scripts can be found in pokeemerald/data/maps/Name_of_the_map/scripts.inc.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User

Male
Montevideo (Uruguay)
Seen 21 Minutes Ago
Posted 16 Hours Ago
2,568 posts
11.8 Years
question how do i make it using this map editor to add items and legendary pokemon all over the maps???
Events > New Object, set the Sprite as you see fit, write a script for them in the scripts.inc file of the map in which you placed them, link that script to the Event Object just like any other, and you're good to go.

pokefreak890

Male
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
850 posts
5.7 Years
ok so the main reason i ask is because i mainly hack fire red so i would always have to know what hex number the item is and put it in xse for it to work but with this im not sure what the item hex numbers are for all the megastones as well for the legends so im not sure how to go about writing a script for those kind of events

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User

Male
Montevideo (Uruguay)
Seen 21 Minutes Ago
Posted 16 Hours Ago
2,568 posts
11.8 Years
ok so the main reason i ask is because i mainly hack fire red so i would always have to know what hex number the item is and put it in xse for it to work but with this im not sure what the item hex numbers are for all the megastones as well for the legends so im not sure how to go about writing a script for those kind of events
The decomps use labels, they don't use hex numbers and stuff like that.
You can the labels of every item in the include/constants/items.h file, but it's basically ITEM_NAME_OF_THE_ITEM, like for example ITEM_POTION or ITEM_QUICK_CLAW.

As for the other matter, the scripting syntax for the decomps is no different than XSE's. At worst, a few macros are different, so instead of givepokemon you have givemon.
If you're still unsure, there's a scripting tutorial for the decomps that Avara wrote sometime ago right here.

pokefreak890

Male
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
850 posts
5.7 Years
i still seem to be confused because im trying to add the megastones around the region and i used the giveitem_std command so when i put it in for the venusaurite and i tried to make the rom i got an error bad intrusion for it not sure where im supposed to put it and do i need to find free space myself for the rom to put it in or does it automatically do it for me???

i want to know more about this as well because i do want to add legendaries as well in these routes so it would be helpful if i can understanding it better

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User

Male
Montevideo (Uruguay)
Seen 21 Minutes Ago
Posted 16 Hours Ago
2,568 posts
11.8 Years
i still seem to be confused because im trying to add the megastones around the region and i used the giveitem_std command so when i put it in for the venusaurite and i tried to make the rom i got an error bad intrusion for it not sure where im supposed to put it and do i need to find free space myself for the rom to put it in or does it automatically do it for me???

i want to know more about this as well because i do want to add legendaries as well in these routes so it would be helpful if i can understanding it better
This thread is not about writing scripts. If you need help with your scripting needs, you can leave a post in Avara's Scripting Tutorial, or make a new thread in the Decomp & Diassembly Section.
Seen 15 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
26 posts
3 Years
I'm having some compile issues for the latest version of Porymap.
I'm using a Linux (Mint) OS and tried to compile the source code.

I did sudo apt-get install qt5-default qtdeclarative5-dev and g++ latest version is installed (7.4.0)

The compilation went flawless on the previous versions 1.2.2 and 2.0.0, but now make gives me a long error log starting with

[email protected]:~/porymap$ sudo make
g++ -c -pipe -std=c++11 -Wall -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_QML_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I. -Iinclude -Iinclude/core -Iinclude/ui -Iinclude/lib -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5 -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtWidgets -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtGui -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtQml -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtNetwork -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtCore -I. -isystem /usr/include/libdrm -I. -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/mkspecs/linux-g++ -o event.o src/core/event.cpp

src/core/event.cpp: In member function ‘poryjson::Json::object Event::buildObjectEventJSON()’:
src/core/event.cpp:292:25: error: use of deleted function ‘tsl::ordered_map<QString, poryjson::Json>::~ordered_map()’
     OrderedJson::object eventObj;
                         ^~~~~~~~
                         ^~~~~~~~
And then a few dozen deleted function errors. I'm kinda lost what I have to do now or if I did something wrong. Does anyone has had similar problems or has some ideas?
Emerald master race