• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does anyone know how many times a Pokemon has directly disobeyed their owner?

Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2012
I'm trying to pitch an article for Cracked, and I need some help. I need people who are far better experts in the anime to tell me two things -

What are the specific instances of a Pokemon directly disobeying an order from their trainer (Directly disobeying here meaning on the level of Ash's Charizard)?

Also, this one will be more painful, but what are the instances of a Pokemon displaying more than four distinct legal moves in a single battle?

I apologize for this, but the editors insist I get all the instances in the show.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Direct disobeying...
Beside Satoshi's Charizard, there were cases of Hikari's Piloswine/Mamoswine and Iris' Dragonite.
Now there's a question if disobeying should be only in case of main characters' Pokémon...
And as for the over 4 moves... You probably cannot catch every case of it...
It's simply impossible... because there's too many cases of it happening.
For example Dent's Yanappu used Solarbeam, Bullet Seed, Bite, Dig and then Rock Tomb but then it stopped using Dig so it's really hard to say if Yanappu actually used more than 4 moves or simply learned new move instead of an old one without character's mentioning it.

Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2012
Uh, for the purposes of this, would you mind sticking to the english names?

As for the moves thing, were all of those that you listed in one single battle?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Uh, for the purposes of this, would you mind sticking to the english names?
Since I'm not familiar with english names of BW, I'm afraid, I cannot...

As for the moves thing, were all of those that you listed in one single battle?
Yes. It was in one battle. But as I said from the moment of Rock Tomb use, Yanappu did not use Dig in any battle.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
In terms of disobeying Pokemon, there are 3 Pokemon who have disobeyed their trainers at some point in the anime: Dawn's Mamoswine (after Dawn's Swinub evolved into Piloswine; this continued even after evolving into Mamoswine. Mamoswine started to obey Dawn after she took care of it), Iris' Excadrill (it started to disobey Iris after losing to Drayden's Haxorus; it obeyed Iris again after she trained with it to perfect Focus Blast) and Iris' Dragonite (it was disobedient when Iris used it in battle).

Regarding the "using over 4 moves" part, Drake's (the Orange Island champ, not the Hoenn Elite 4 member) Dragonite was able to use a total of 10 moves; see here. According to the article, the writers did that on purpose to make Dragonite seem more unstoppable.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 14, 2014
In terms of disobeying Pokemon, there are 3 Pokemon who have disobeyed their trainers at some point in the anime: Dawn's Mamoswine (after Dawn's Swinub evolved into Piloswine; this continued even after evolving into Mamoswine. Mamoswine started to obey Dawn after she took care of it), Iris' Excadrill (it started to disobey Iris after losing to Drayden's Haxorus; it obeyed Iris again after she trained with it to perfect Focus Blast) and Iris' Dragonite (it was disobedient when Iris used it in battle).
In addition to those, Ash's Pikachu was disobedient as well, as everyone knows. Hasn't his Snorlax been disobedient as well? I am not sure, I think it has though :D In addition to those, I remember Luxray being disobedient as well, in one of the D/P episodes (can't remember which).

And yeah, the move thingie is unsure. In one of the Best Wishes episode I remember Ash explaining some kid the moves his Pikachu has, and he mentioned only four, which suggests that only four moves can be learnt, but yeah many pokemon use more than 4 moves, so its kind of contradictory.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
In addition to those, I remember Luxray being disobedient as well, in one of the D/P episodes (can't remember which).
Luxray? No one on the main cast ever owned a Luxray. You might be thinking of Dawn's Buisel, who I remember being disobedient towards her out of disinterest in contests.

The "four moves only" thing is something the series hasn't been using consistently until recently, so most of the examples you're looking for are going to be in the earlier seasons. I don't think BW has defied it at all (not sure about DP).

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 14, 2014
Luxray? No one on the main cast ever owned a Luxray. You might be thinking of Dawn's Buisel, who I remember being disobedient towards her out of disinterest in contests.
Yeah, Luxray of a non-main cast member. Luxray of some random trainer in a filler episode, which revolved around the trainer. I don't think that it was specified that it has to be a Pokemon of main cast, in the topic :/

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Yeah, Luxray of a non-main cast member. Luxray of some random trainer in a filler episode, which revolved around the trainer. I don't think that it was specified that it has to be a Pokemon of main cast, in the topic :/
Oh. Forgot about that episode. Never mind, then.

Back