• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
excuse me, let a pro hunter butt in here.

first off, NO the pokemon, except in HeartGold and SoulSilver, WILL NOT show up as shiny when you see the overworld sprite. you MUST be in battle to see if it is shiny.

second. Iceman is wrong on how you reset. if you have a GameBoy Advanced, you press A+B+Start+Select. if your on the DS's, its Shoulder pads+Start+Select.

yeah, i may have sounded like an ass here, but i dont want misinformation to go out to newbie hunters

I may have worded the words wrong,but I never said how to reset. I said you had to click the reset button click. Meaning the 4/5 button click. I said the reset button click because I didn't know the exact buttons to click. So thank you for putting out the correct buttons.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
So, I just beat W2, and am looking to move all my breeding tools from W1 to W2. So I'm killing 2 birds with 1 stone. I'm hunting Magikarp since it has the lowest steps to hatch. I'll need a lot of them to trade all my Pokemon over, so hopefully I get at least one shiny. I'm using Masuda Method for this BTW.

Flydro

doobz
Years
excuse me, let a pro hunter butt in here.

first off, NO the pokemon, except in HeartGold and SoulSilver, WILL NOT show up as shiny when you see the overworld sprite. you MUST be in battle to see if it is shiny.

second. Iceman is wrong on how you reset. if you have a GameBoy Advanced, you press A+B+Start+Select. if your on the DS's, its Shoulder pads+Start+Select.

yeah, i may have sounded like an ass here, but i dont want misinformation to go out to newbie hunters

I agree with you. When it comes to shiny hunting you come off as being really arrogant and kind of a know-it-all in the way you try and correct people. Nobody is a "pro" shiny hunter, unless you're cheating or using the Masuda method your chances of getting a shiny are just the same as any new player. And having more shinies than the next person only means you just got more lucky. There aren't any real skills involved as far as I know, it's pretty much patience and luck. Not trying to be a jerk or pick a fight, it's only a game and shiny hunting is just a hobby. Chill out bro. :/

But... anyway, as far as my hunting goes I'm still looking for that shiny Skarmory. But at 9200 REs, it still eludes me. Now I haven't really been hunting much over the Thanksgiving holidays but I feel like it's about time that I find it already. Ahh hopefully that lucky encounter happens soon! Good luck to everyone!

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
I think what Keruso meant by saying he's a "pro hunter" was just that he's been doing it for a long time, so he's had a lot of practice with the different resetting methods and exceptions for HG/SS. From what I read, it looks like he was just trying to help out the new members. :)

5014 Eevee
13260 Johto starters

Shiny Happiny

Awesome, congrats! Are you planning on evolving it or keeping it a Happiny?

Welcome to the club! :)

It's not very encouraging for me to see new members with 10 times more shinies than me, and they haven't even started hunting. G, if those equations of yours are correct, what is my luck? I have encountered probably 1M Pokemon, and only two random shinies. That is not much.

"lol" one million is a huge number!! It's not going to be exact because we're not sure how many random encounters we've had, but let's say you have seen 2 shinies in one million encounters: your luck is -60. There's no way that luck so bad can be sustainable; your luck is going to get better!! Keep up the hope and that number will get closer and closer to 0, and maybe it'll even go positive if you stay positive and let the shinies in!! Maybe you should put up a banner over your house saying, "ALL SHINIES WELCOME!"

shiny Lugia!!

Woot, congrats! Only 807 encounters...WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE REAL TSE WHO ALWAYS GETS 50,000 ENCOUNTERS BEFORE FINDING SHINIES!!!!?

I wanna join!

Welcome to the club! I'm also trying to get all of the starters - they're the coolest! Which one are you going to try to get first?

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on all the new shinies, and welcome to all the new members!

This week's random hunt is... Spinarak!

I made it to the Elite 4 on Black 2, now I just have to train my team until it's ready for the battles ahead.

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
Years
Soft reset is when someone keeps resetting their game in order to try to get a shiny starter. You have to start a new game and check all the starters and see if they are shiny. If not the person uses the delete save file button click and starts a new game in order to see if there is a shiny. And you repeat until you get a shiny starter.

Actually, you don't do that. You press L+R and Start+Select if your pokemon are not shiny. It then "Soft Resets" your game, i.e. takes you back the title screen and loads the game again.

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
Actually, you don't do that. You press L+R and Start+Select if your pokemon are not shiny. It then "Soft Resets" your game, i.e. takes you back the title screen and loads the game again.

um.....Ninja? you were Ninja'd long ago with this.....by me

G's right, i have been doing this for a while (like two and a half years, i do believe), and while i mainly have RE shinies, i do have a few SR shinies, including three that i've killed by accident including a second Skarmory, a Wurmple (which, i am ashamed to actually admit, i didnt want at the time) and a Smeargle (in fact, in losing that Smeargle, i actually stopped hunting for a while). I have yet to try the Masuda Method, though i am actually in use of it in White1 with a Magikarp at a hold of 95 eggs.

also, another thing for you fledglings, is try to do something else while you hunt. I've found while hunting is to either watch YouTube/TV/a movie, but as long as my sound is up so i dont miss the sparkles

any one else notice that as soon as Aaryn appeared, he also disappeared again?

one more thing: No one comes into the chat anymore

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I am currently going through White Hollow in White 2 now. I have one more area to go. So I should have a new Shiny Gible or Dratini,which ever one I get in White 2 soon.

I have finished the White Hollow and got Shiny Dratini. B2 you get Shiny Gible and W2 you get Shiny Dritini

Current Shinies:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
i was leveling up my wobbuffet in the daycare and got some eggs so i just hatched them to see if i could get one with better stats and got a shiny with perfect defenses and hp! what do you guys think i should name her? all i'v got is lady wobbuffet or ms. wobbuffet. i also got my shiny gibble the other day and evolved him to a garchomp (which was disappointing when i found out shiny garchomp look the same)

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Got my Female Shiny Gyarados tonight. It is the one from Lake of Rage,but still a shiny. I have yet to run into any wild shinies on my Heartgold again. Though I still have a lot of the game to go after the first 8 gyms.

rager3

Akatsuki Member
Years
Current Shinies:
Spoiler:

Hey how'd you do the sprites thing. I've been trying to figure it out for months but i couldn't find out. I am thinking of putting up the shinys i own . Could you help me with that ?? i'd be gratefull

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Hey how'd you do the sprites thing. I've been trying to figure it out for months but i couldn't find out. I am thinking of putting up the shinys i own . Could you help me with that ?? i'd be gratefull

I go to Serebii and then go to the pokedex where they show pokemon shiny and normal spirits and then I just choose the pokemon I need and copy and paste the picture. You don't even have to highlight it.

rager3

Akatsuki Member
Years
I go to Serebii and then go to the pokedex where they show pokemon shiny and normal spirits and then I just choose the pokemon I need and copy and paste the picture. You don't even have to highlight it.

Thanks alot man :D You just made my day

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Quick update, I'm up to 240 hatched Magikarp. Still no shiny, but I have many more to hatch before I'm done anyway, so maybe I'll get really lucky and score 2!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2013
Hello there!! I would like to join this shiny hunting club! My shinies so far are as listed: 3 Cyndaquils, Pidove, Eevee, Bronzong, and Vulpix. I am currently hunting Mudkip, Squirtle, and Turtwig. (I decided to join this forum because I saw G-Money's profile pic, who I have met before)

Soar

n00b
Years
Welcome to the club! I'm also trying to get all of the starters - they're the coolest! Which one are you going to try to get first?

I'm trying to get all of the Jhoto starters! But if that doesn't happen, I at least want Cyndaquil. But im going to be attempting it in Crystal, so wish me luck o.o

Years
Thanks for all the congrats! =3

Congratulations on that Wynaut (and any others I've possibly missed? Computer... so... slow...)
Good luck with all those other hunts too!!

Woot, congrats! Only 807 encounters...WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE REAL TSE WHO ALWAYS GETS 50,000 ENCOUNTERS BEFORE FINDING SHINIES!!!!?

If it's worth anything, I actually had 21/22k+ at that point, I just didn't spend the time adding them all up lol! But no, not 50! >_>
(Anyone wanna borrow my luck quickly?! :D )

Hunt update stuff:
Treecko: 14,818
Zapdos: 577
Dialga: 326
Kyurem: 6590

Kyurem's on hold until I complete one of the other three, and I'm not gonna start any new hunts after I finish the others. Still wanna do some RE hunts!!

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
Been a long time but still no Starly, not giving up though.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I'll quick get the sprites of my shiny Pokemon now that I know how.

130-m.png
(either 2 or 3)[Lake of Rage]
153.png
[Soft-resetting encounter]
034.png
[Traded; Probably hacked]
427.png
[Traded]
042.png
[Random encounter]
399.png
[First shiny; Random encounter]

Those are the ones I remember, at least. n_n"
The Nidoking is my newest...just got him about a week ago as a level 14 Nidoran. The reason why I assume he's hacked is that his egg hatched in the Mystery Zone.

Back