• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Disabled Town Map Display

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
Years
So, for something I'm working on, I'm trying to make a switch that controls various mechanics. Most of these revolve around the Town Map display. At some point in the game, a communications blackout takes down all the stuff that connects to the internet - this includes the Town Map, Pokedex, and the Regional Teleportation Interface. My plan was to have it so when these things were accessed, you would get a screen that looks like this.
QxoIl30.png

For the most part, I've figured out how to do all the simple stuff required. I've managed to make it display the "UNABLE TO CONNECT" message, how to remove the player head graphic, how to remove the map cursor graphic, and of course, how to make them check for the switch to toggle them.
PdqkVXl.png

This just leaves the hard stuff: I'm not sure how to get the town map to be forced to this, nor am I sure how to make it load no town map data. Basically what I want is the equivalent of a static image with no player interaction. How would I go about doing these two things?

Derxwna Kapsyla

Years
Update: I figured out how to make it change maps, but I'm still not sure how I'm going to make it unload map data.
Code:
    if $game_switches[101] == false # Comm. Blackout
      @sprites["map"].setBitmap("Graphics/Pictures/#{@map[1]}")
    else
      @sprites["map"].setBitmap("Graphics/Pictures/Yitria_Offline.gif")
    end

Derxwna Kapsyla

Years
Took me a great deal of time searching, but I finally found a solution that worked without needing to unload the map data- and still conveniently required me doing everything I had been doing.
eS9hhBA.png

Code:
      if $game_switches[101] == true # Comm. Blackout
        @sprites["mapbottom"].maplocation=_INTL("Unable to resolve data")
        @sprites["mapbottom"].mapdetails=_INTL("")
      else
        @sprites["mapbottom"].maplocation=pbGetMapLocation(@mapX,@mapY)
        @sprites["mapbottom"].mapdetails=pbGetMapDetails(@mapX,@mapY)
      end

Back