• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] Big Boss vs. Master Chief [GCC Week 2]

Who is your favourite?

• Big Boss

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • Master Chief

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
When it comes to Big Boss or Master Chief, my vote goes to Master Chief. For one thing Master Chief is playable in five or six different games. Plus he fights to protect humanity from hostile alien races that see humans as heretics. Plus Master Chief has been a soldier since he started training at the age of six.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Big Boss

I mean, I haven't finished MGS 3 yet, and that's the only MGS game I've played

but fuck it, Big Boss

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Mmm, I think I'll give it to the Big Boss, cause of Metal Gear. :]

Master Chief has a better design though imo, hmm...

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Master Chief, because he's less of an edgy regretful crybaby

Sadly, I'm more than sure everyone here will vote for the Japanese, option. But I shall vote for the real hero, who has saved the human race from extinction multiple times, and is about 200x more badass with 300x less unneeded gruff edge. To be fair he doesnt have much personality at all, but thats ok! He's not edgier than a razor.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
The Metal Gear lore is a bit confusing and I've only played up to MGS3, but the legendary soldier was so awesome in Snake Eater that he gets my vote. I don't know what the portable games and The Phantom Pain do for his character, but I'll see when I finally get there.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
When it comes to Big Boss or Master Chief, my vote goes to Master Chief. For one thing Master Chief is playable in five or six different games. Plus he fights to protect humanity from hostile alien races that see humans as heretics. Plus Master Chief has been a soldier since he started training at the age of six.

Big Boss is playable in five titles. MGS3, MGS:PO, MGS:PW, MGS:GZ, MGSV:TPP and is the antagonist in two. MG and MG2:SS.

Big Boss has taken on paranormal and supernatural enemies (The End, The Sorrow, The Pain, Gene, Python, the Skulls, Volgin etc) which, whilst not aliens, is comparable considering Big Boss is literally just a normal human.

Master Cheif didn't choose to be a soldier, and whilst his back story is tragic he has never known loss or betrayal like Big Boss (Who had been a soldier through choice from the age of 15).

For me, Big Boss is the quintessential video game character that challenges the idea games cannot be on par with films or art. Big Boss is complex and multilayered and serves both as a protagonist and an antagonist in a franchise that's main existence is a social criticism of war. In the games, Chief is a shell with virtually no character (I know the books and supporting media flesh him out) who never has to face a truly difficult choice. Any spartan could of effectively carried out Cheif's story, but very few, if any, other characters in the Metal Gear franchise could of carried out the life Big Boss did.

Last edited:

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
The choice here is easy. Been playing Master Chief games since I got the original XBOX. Have only played one Big Boss game.

Master Chief it is.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
I voted Big Boss. Master Chief is cool and all, but I've seen Big Boss do some crazy ****.

As I've had a few quibbles regarding this, I'm going to throw a curveball in, to see how the event takes direction.

If this WAS a case of who would win vs who in a battle, who do you think it would be?

Master chief. That armor can take a bullet or two. No armor probably can't (Realistically).

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
In a death battle I'd kinda have to give to Master Chief. Jack is incredibly tough and skilled and all, but John is literally superhuman and is equipped with futuristic weapons and armor. Kinda hard for normal people to beat that =/

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Death battle is more like it!

Master Chief. Bigger guns, Energy shielding, Ballistic ceramic plated armor, superhuman strength and agility. Oh and he can just call in a MAC strike from orbit and level the entire arena if he doesn't feel like a warm-up fight.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Death battle is more like it!

Master Chief. Bigger guns, Energy shielding, Ballistic ceramic plated armor, superhuman strength and agility. Oh and he can just call in a MAC strike from orbit and level the entire arena if he doesn't feel like a warm-up fight.

Shagohod - Nuclear armed rapid deployment tank - destroyed by Big Boss with an archaic rocket launcher

Metal Gear RAXA - sub orbit deployed heaily ballistic ceramic armored nuclear launch platform - destroyed by Big Boss with an AK and an RPG

Pupa - AI powered Shagohod clone sans the nuke - Destroyed by Big Boss

Chrysalis - AI powered Ariel attack platform (Basically something from gundam if we're honest) - Destroyed by Big Boss

Coccoon - Heavily armored giant transport, capabale of withstanding air strikes and able to launch numerous mortar and artillery strikes itself - Destroyed by Big Boss

Peace Walker - Heavily armored Nuclear Launch bipedal tank - destroyed by Big Boss

Metal Gear ZEKE - Heavily armored Nuclear Launch Bipedal tank - destroyed by Big Boss

Metal Gear Sahelanthropus - Nuclear armed, mutli terrain battle mech - destroyed by Big Boss

Countless tanks, gunships, planes, transport choppers, APVs, LAVs, Jeeps, smaller mechs, paranormal and supernatural soldiers and Genetically modified super soldiers - destroyed by Big Boss

It'll take much more than a poorly written avatar with power armor and dues ex machina plot devices for whatever sequel they need to take down Big Boss ;)

edit: for reference

Spoiler:

Last edited:

User19sq

I gotta go with Big Boss. Considering what the man's gone through compared to the Chief, I can't help but give him my complete faith in this fight.

Big Boss

I mean, I haven't finished MGS 3 yet, and that's the only MGS game I've played

You will cry. You. WILL. CRY!!! SNEK-ETUR!!!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Master Chief, because he's less of an edgy regretful crybaby

Sadly, I'm more than sure everyone here will vote for the Japanese, option. But I shall vote for the real hero, who has saved the human race from extinction multiple times, and is about 200x more badass with 300x less unneeded gruff edge. To be fair he doesnt have much personality at all, but thats ok! He's not edgier than a razor.
Japanese option always the correct one =D

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Big Boss.

Master Chief since not only he's a real american hero, but he's saved the universe countless of times while being the supposed successor to the Doomguy. Chief did hold the mantle quite well, providing every young individual and millennial there is their own "Space Marine in Green Armor"

Also, Chief is one of the Badass Mother F***ers in my sig, who sits comfortably along the great ones such as Doomguy/Doom Slayer, BJ Blazkowich, Graves, Salvador, Daniel Craig, and that dude from Homefront.

Back