• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POK?MON: Rising Sun

Years
pkmn_rs.png

I've recently started working on the game again after taking a long break from working on it.

You can find the old thread here

::Story::
At the dawn of time the people of Erysia worshipped two Pok?mons known as Solarion and Helris., Solarion was said to be the god of the "Rising Sun", while Helris was the counterpart, he was pure evil.
The people were divided into two cults, one that worshipped the light, and the other the darkness.
There was always tension between the two different cults. Both wanted to rule over the other.
After many large battles the cults came to a mutual agreement of each having their own separate part of continent of Erysia.
For generations both cults lived in harmony, and they slowly forgot the age old prophecy handed down from generation to generation, the prophecy of the "Sun's Fall"

Sun's Fall tells of the final battle between the two entities.
According to the prophecy Helris will rise victorious and the world will be cast into eternal darkness.

Because of this they even slowly began to forget the two mighty Pok?mon, and the only thing left were legends of the once widely worshipped entities.
For thousands of years one question remained unanswered, the truth of which these two Pok?mon truly did exist.

Now in present day it is finally time for prophecy to begin…
Will you choose Darkness and carry out the victory as spoken of in the prophecy,
Or will you choose Light and prevent Helris from casting the world into eternal darkness?

The fate of the world lies in your hands, choose wisely…

::Screenshots::
I ditched most of the old maps because I didn't like them and started making new ones.
Maps are subject to change.
RS-Screen1.png
RS-Screen2.png
RS-Screen3.png

RS-Screen4.png
RS-Screen5.png
RS-Screen6.png

RS-Screen7.png
RS-Screen8.png
RS-Screen9.png

RS-Screen10.png

::Website::
My website has also been updated with a new layout (still working on it) I hope you like it.
Click here

NOTE: Please do not ask me for a demo as it is quite frustrating.

Last edited:

rubyrulez

Back in Action...again...
Years
Wow, that looks incredible. I'm sure that this'll turn out to be a great g8ame in the end. Good Luck!

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
It's good to see Rising Sun back! I was thinking about what happened to this the other day and I'm very pleased to see it's back. The screens are great, by the way.

Years
rubyrulez said:
Wow, that looks incredible. I'm sure that this'll turn out to be a great g8ame in the end. Good Luck!
Thanks for the comment, I appreciate it :)

phoenix316 said:
It's good to see Rising Sun back! I was thinking about what happened to this the other day and I'm very pleased to see it's back. The screens are great, by the way.
I just felt I needed to take a break from it, and then around January I started working on it again (just a bit here and there) and now I've decided to post about it again.
And while I started working Rising Sun again I felt I needed a new layout, so I went and made one :D

Anyway, here's a screen of the new hero (Trainer sprite is still needed) in Murton Town (Yeah, it's still in the game :P )
RS-Screen4.png

Last edited:

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Great to see you and Rising Sun back, Avatar!!! The new heroes and screens look splendid. The site layout is nice and I like that Charsets section. I also notice that you've got your rep disabled. Nvm.

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
Years
Murton Town Looks cool! I like the way how you used the trees and fence to create a cool atmosphere!

Years
Just a small update.

The bicycle now works when you enter/leave a house, although the first time you get on the bicycle after going outside again, you have to press the 1 key twice for it to increase in speed and for the music to change, and then once again to get off.

And the CBS (credit goes to the community CBS project) has been inserted into the game, switches/variables are sorted, but I still need to implement it into the game while playing.

Last edited:

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Nice to hear an update!! Hey, I'm sure you'll do great with this.

Years
Update.

I changed the website layout a bit more, go have a look :)
I'm currently redoing a bunch of the scripts in order to cut down the massive lag that were present in the old version of the game.

Here's another little screen, for everyone.
RS-Screen5.png

Last edited:

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Site looks great!! I like the kind of digital vibe from it.

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2007
Heh...
Very good Work!!!
Nice screens , layout and all...
BTW. Can i help you with some ? :P

Thanks Matt

Years
Matt said:
Heh...
Very good Work!!!
Nice screens , layout and all...
BTW. Can i help you with some ? :P

Thanks Matt
By help, what do you have in mind?

EDIT:
Another update.

-Fixed the Bicycle so it does not change you back to regular walking graphics if you enter a new area where it is still activated (this does not apply to areas that disable the Bicycle upon entering)

-Made the Bicycle and Running Shoes work for both genders (as I had not done in the demo release)

Last edited:

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Nice to hear some constant updates Avatar! I know we'lll all be waiting for your posts.

Years
Just a minor update.

I'm doing most of the basic events first, so I can start focusing on mapping after those are done.

Here's a screenshot of the finished Route (Town/City aswell) display.
RS-Screen6.png

Last edited:

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Your maps always seem so fresh and new; Avatar! (sorry about the lousy phrase)

Years
Daegon_Kimeron said:
Your maps always seem so fresh and new; Avatar! (sorry about the lousy phrase)
phoenix316 said:
Yeah, your maps always have a distinct vibe about them, that are instatly recognisable.
Thanks for the comments guys :)

As I mentioned a few days ago, I've been working on redoing some events because of the massive lag they had, and I've finally finished redoing them so the lag is reduced ALOT.
It should run smooth in Fullscreen (aswell as Window) mode now.

Back