• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

An e-Reader trip (Pokemon) - Today: Minigames and other animations

Micael Alighieri

Helix Boo / Lord Kaktus, ex-member from Whack a Ha
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2017
I'm starting a video series about e-Reader Dot Codes. Some of the events shown in the video or told in the video description may not be 100% real. Although you can verify every minigame shown in this video or in the next ones, please ONLY watch this video as a source of entertainment.

Two months ago, looking for weird things in Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green, I remembered a device which lets you to unlock additional properties in the games, such as new trainers, free berries and also legendary Pokemon encounters. As a retrolover and as a lover of unusual things in retrogames, so I've started looking for the manner to use the e-Reader and test it. Typing, entering, exiting, over and over again and finally, an hour later, I found some kind of a Russian website. I didn't understand much, I'm ever surprised that I got far enough to get to the download section. Anyways, I saw a quite big amount of images and I proceeded to download the files. But I could never imagine what I would end up finding...

There seems to be three kind of files, rom files, emulators and a lot of mixed files. I can't say much about the games or whatever they are, as I have only tested the ones for the GBA (only a few of them, for now they're just short cinematics). The emulators looks like the icing on the cake, I think that they're hacked versions of existing emulators, however, some of them are protected by a password which I do not know or they crash when I try to open them. At least, the GBA emulator seems to work properly, so I'm able to try it.

Today, I'm showing you a bit about one of the Pokemon Dot Codes available for the e-Reader, a discontinued device for the GBA. This time, the minigame or animation shown is called "Metronome". The game is quite simple: a Pokemon appears in the screen (Cleffairy) and uses Metronome. During the attack, it can happen one of three different things. It looks like a gamble, as two of the situations leads you to a bad ending and only one to the desired result.

Micael Alighieri

Helix Boo / Lord Kaktus, ex-member from Whack a Ha
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2017
Some of the events shown in the video or told in the video description may not be 100% real. Although you can verify every minigame shown in this video or in the next ones, please ONLY watch this video as a source of entertainment.

Today I've tried some Pokemon Dot Codes, some of them are animations and others are minigames. The games mechanisms are quite simple, however, I explain the hardest ones in the video. As I remember, the list includes: Diving Corsola, Fire Hoops, Flower Power, Flying Journey, 'Go, Poliwrath!', 'Gotcha!', Here Comes Gloom, Hold Down Hoppip, Kingler's Day, Lifesaver, Magby & Magmar, 'Make a Dash!', Sweet Scent and Time Travel. All of them are a bit entertaining and almost all the animations have two alternative timelines.

Back