• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Axis

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 12, 2024
logo.png

AS OF THE 5TH OF AUGUST 2023, THE PROJECT HAS BEEN ARCHIVED.

The Story:
One night, you start to have a strange dream. You're walking up an unstable staircase, but...you can see glimpses. Glimpses of what may be. At the end of the stairway, you meet a man calling himself Professor Kanzan.
A Pokémon Professor.
It's your first interaction with the world of Pokémon, and it won't be your last. Your journey begins the next day as you find a doorway in the middle of your local glade.
You're tasked by the door's resident to find the scattered Axis items, the source of its power...Your goal is clear.
Welcome to the Azarium region, where people are disappearing, Pokémon are attacking the local populace, and a sinister force called Team Void lurks in the shadows...but are they the true threat?

Features:
- Level caps based on number of badges (7/14 badges in v3.1 for cap of 55)!
- Autosave button(F8) and fast forward button(Alt)!
- A large selection of Pokémon to obtain, now with a Trade Cable item for those pesky trade evolutions!
- Overworld encounters!
- Pokémon have Birthsigns that can grant various effects!
- A new, never before seen catchable Celestial Boss will be available. (Be warned, though, it's very strong. Save before you attempt it!)
- Sidequests that help flesh out the Azarium region!
- Your choices matter, and now have quite the impact...

Note from the developer:
Hi, Mashirosakura here! So, Pokémon Axis first released in March of 2017. Which is, uh, quite a long time ago, now that I think about it.
The game has evolved quite like the Pokémon within; sometimes to huge extents, sometimes in other, smaller ways.
At the start, I was just messing around with RPGMaker and Essentials, just breezing through the map-making and making a slightly half-assed story. And then it happened: the great bug purge of v2. Man, what a mess. And that honestly made me rethink how I was going about the whole game making process.
So progress on v3 started. I redid everything, the maps, the Pokédex, and most importantly the story. Now the story, honestly, hasn't gone through nearly as many changes as you'd think. The dialogue was mostly rewritten, but the events are for the most part the same as v2.
The update came out, there were a few bugs to start, and then the game slowly just stopped being checked. Sure, we had a Discord, and I was fixing small bugs, but for the most part I was just focused on slowly going through the rest of the leftover events from v2 that had to be remade for v3.1.
And then October 2019 happened. A fair few Youtubers had played the game before then, but this one blew it up. The Discord was flooded, I was getting bug reports left right and centre: it was pretty overwhelming for one guy just making a game at his own pace. Thankfully this flood sent a bunch of testers and even a fellow dev to help out. Hopefully, this shows in v3.1.
I also do have a Discord server you can join if you'd like!

Screenshots
Spoiler:

Credits
Spoiler:

Downloads
Spoiler:

If you find anyone trying to host this game on sites that aren't PokéCommunity or Relic Castle, please remember I haven't given them consent to do that. Please stick to those sites for constant updates.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 24, 2020
when the professor gives you poke-gear and pokeballs.. once you talk to him again he will repeat it and give u the poke-gear again and more pokeballs.
there's no limits to it.
just thought to report it in, i just started the game and its pretty nice :P

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
So the introduction was very interesting, however, the game has frozen here. I've reset it twice and the same thing happened. I picked Fennekin as a starter and caught a Zigzagoon, but no matter who I start the battle with, the result is the same.

http://picpaste.com/capture000-FpyRfIGp.bmp

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 13, 2019
Good, was afraid that it was just me who had the game freeze after the battle on the bridge, but it seems that it's the game and not me.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 12, 2024
Ah I see. I was sure I'd fixed that bug, but I will go back and fix it again. Same thing with the infinite Pokéballs thing. Sorry for the inconvenience, folks!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 12, 2024
So the introduction was very interesting, however, the game has frozen here. I've reset it twice and the same thing happened. I picked Fennekin as a starter and caught a Zigzagoon, but no matter who I start the battle with, the result is the same.

http://picpaste.com/capture000-FpyRfIGp.bmp

Good, was afraid that it was just me who had the game freeze after the battle on the bridge, but it seems that it's the game and not me.

the game keeps freezing here idk why

C6QfyzMXMAMe5Bh.jpg:large

These problems are now fixed, and I have updated the download link. Sorry again for the inconvenience!

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
When I cross the bridge to go back and heal, Marina appears and challenges me to another battle...

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
What are the level caps for each gym badge and how do they work? Do you stop gaining experience, or do your pokemon disobey you?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 12, 2024
What are the level caps for each gym badge and how do they work? Do you stop gaining experience, or do your pokemon disobey you?

The first level cap starts at 15, then you get the first badge and it goes to 25, then 35, then 40. However there's no level increase on the 3rd badge, but thankfully the 4th gym is level 35. Also yes, Pokémon will disobey above the cap.

Guest123123

I really liked the game, but there are a few errors and oversights I noticed, some of which are game-breaking.

1. There were some events that freeze depending on where the player is facing when you activate them, because the characters in the events are set to move in specific directions. A possible way to fix this is to use the "Player is facing *insert direction here*" conditional branches to alter the characters' movements depending on where the player is. Examples of places where this happens include when the little girl is getting Hina's diary and in Neak Woods where Darius leaves after failing to find the source of the Pokemon's cry.
2. The level cap actually doesn't work. By that I mean, my Pokemon don't disobey when I go above it. (I actually don't like those level caps though so I'm glad it isn't working ._.)
3. When you give the Poke Doll to Rai, after Rai leaves it's impossible to continue the game because it freezes. This happens regardless of where the player is facing. I only got around this by opening the game in RPG Maker and editing the page for the event. Also, after that, the map connections glitched out making the park no longer connected to Typhon City (black space replaces the city), so I had to warp back to the city in debug mode.
4. Darlene doesn't show up at the boat in Imogi after defeating Dusty, because you accidentally set the switch for her appearance there as "Defeated Gym 5" instead of "Defeated Gym 4". Again, I had to edit the event in RPG Maker.
5. Even though the game says it's the end of the demo after exiting the boat, you can still continue up to the 5th gym (with use of RPG Maker to fix some of these issues).
6. In the Temporal Realm, one of the grunts gives an error when approaching you for battle because in her event page you forget the "T" at the end of her trainer class, so it's spelled "TEAMROCKE_F"
7. You can go to Hina's house in Selenus City before actually first meeting Hina in the Ghost Realm.
8. In the Spatial Realm, when you're supposed to battle some grunts with Hina, neither the grunts or Hina are there. Also, after Hina says something like "You take these grunts and I'll take those", the event stops. There's no battle and you can continue on. Darius's sprite also doesn't show up when you battle him.

Also, a suggestion for a future event: Differing dialogue based on whether you win or lose to Darius. Most people will lose, but I won due to having level 100 Pokemon, and he was still talking like I lost to him.

Despite those issues, the story seems really interesting and I'm looking forward to future versions.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 12, 2024
I really liked the game, but there are a few errors and oversights I noticed, some of which are game-breaking.

1. There were some events that freeze depending on where the player is facing when you activate them, because the characters in the events are set to move in specific directions. A possible way to fix this is to use the "Player is facing *insert direction here*" conditional branches to alter the characters' movements depending on where the player is. Examples of places where this happens include when the little girl is getting Hina's diary and in Neak Woods where Darius leaves after failing to find the source of the Pokemon's cry.
2. The level cap actually doesn't work. By that I mean, my Pokemon don't disobey when I go above it. (I actually don't like those level caps though so I'm glad it isn't working ._.)
3. When you give the Poke Doll to Rai, after Rai leaves it's impossible to continue the game because it freezes. This happens regardless of where the player is facing. I only got around this by opening the game in RPG Maker and editing the page for the event. Also, after that, the map connections glitched out making the park no longer connected to Typhon City (black space replaces the city), so I had to warp back to the city in debug mode.
4. Darlene doesn't show up at the boat in Imogi after defeating Dusty, because you accidentally set the switch for her appearance there as "Defeated Gym 5" instead of "Defeated Gym 4". Again, I had to edit the event in RPG Maker.
5. Even though the game says it's the end of the demo after exiting the boat, you can still continue up to the 5th gym (with use of RPG Maker to fix some of these issues).
6. In the Temporal Realm, one of the grunts gives an error when approaching you for battle because in her event page you forget the "T" at the end of her trainer class, so it's spelled "TEAMROCKE_F"
7. You can go to Hina's house in Selenus City before actually first meeting Hina in the Ghost Realm.
8. In the Spatial Realm, when you're supposed to battle some grunts with Hina, neither the grunts or Hina are there. Also, after Hina says something like "You take these grunts and I'll take those", the event stops. There's no battle and you can continue on. Darius's sprite also doesn't show up when you battle him.

Also, a suggestion for a future event: Differing dialogue based on whether you win or lose to Darius. Most people will lose, but I won due to having level 100 Pokemon, and he was still talking like I lost to him.

Despite those issues, the story seems really interesting and I'm looking forward to future versions.

Hmm...ok so no.1, thanks for letting me know about these because I wasn't sure how to deal with events like those. I'll be sure to use that in a future update.
2. Well I'll need to work on that a bit more I guess. if you can tell me how via message that'd be great.
3. I did not realise this was an issue. Thanks for bringing it to light. It worked fine when I test drove it and when my friend test drove it too. So i'll have another look at it.
4. Dustin's gym was meant to be the furthest you could go in this update ^^' the reason Darlene is off is because of this, so you actually went a lot further than you should have.
5. That was the stopping point for my friend. I was planning to remove it when I released up to the 8th gym.
6. Thanks for telling me about this, I'll fix it on the main file.
7. Hmmm, I must've changed something in the door event by accident. Again, I'll look into it.
8. I did not know the battle didn't activate as it hasn't been tested yet. Also, Darius' battle sprite isn't currently in the game so that's why it hasn't appeared.
As for Darius's differing dialogue, I still need to figure out how to do that ^^' as I said in the base post this is my first project so I'm still learning. However any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

The game ends up freezing after giving Rai the pokedoll
As noted above I will try and fix this asap.

Guest123123

Hmm...ok so no.1, thanks for letting me know about these because I wasn't sure how to deal with events like those. I'll be sure to use that in a future update.
2. Well I'll need to work on that a bit more I guess. if you can tell me how via message that'd be great.
3. I did not realise this was an issue. Thanks for bringing it to light. It worked fine when I test drove it and when my friend test drove it too. So i'll have another look at it.
4. Dustin's gym was meant to be the furthest you could go in this update ^^' the reason Darlene is off is because of this, so you actually went a lot further than you should have.
5. That was the stopping point for my friend. I was planning to remove it when I released up to the 8th gym.
6. Thanks for telling me about this, I'll fix it on the main file.
7. Hmmm, I must've changed something in the door event by accident. Again, I'll look into it.
8. I did not know the battle didn't activate as it hasn't been tested yet. Also, Darius' battle sprite isn't currently in the game so that's why it hasn't appeared.
As for Darius's differing dialogue, I still need to figure out how to do that ^^' as I said in the base post this is my first project so I'm still learning. However any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

As noted above I will try and fix this asap.
For the level cap, I don't know how to do it myself as I chose not to include one in my fangame but I know that Ame has made a tutorial for it on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v90VfftDCIE

About differing dialogue, here's an example using the battle with Solaris at Pyrous Mountain from Reborn: http://prnt.sc/f1hgfd

Everything after the battle and before the "Else" is what happens if you defeat him. The part after the "Else" is what happens if you lose to him. So in this event, the story proceeds whether you win or lose, with benefits to winning the battle.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 12, 2024
The game has been updated with the necessary changes. If there are any more errors, feel free to comment them here.

EDIT: I am aware of the lack of music in certain areas. This is an error on my part as I renamed some music files and forgot to update the game music with them. This issue will be fixed in beta 2.
EDIT2: Created an error log in main post. Please look at them before commenting errors to know which ones I'm aware of.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 12, 2024
Demo 2 will be available in under a week! I thought I'd talk about a few features getting added in the new version.

Axis will be getting...
- IV/EV summary tab!
- Pok?mon Daycare!
- 8/14 badges!
- Functioning Pok?dex and Map(at last)!
- Updated TM lists! Watch out for this, as one of the currently available TMs is gonna change. I'll be adding a TM guide showing currently implemented TMs with the beta.
- A certain someone is getting a sprite update!
And much more! Look forward to release sometime in the next week!

Years
Demo 2 will be available in under a week! I thought I'd talk about a few features getting added in the new version.

Axis will be getting...
- IV/EV summary tab!
- Pok?mon Daycare!
- 8/14 badges!
- Functioning Pok?dex and Map(at last)!
- Updated TM lists! Watch out for this, as one of the currently available TMs is gonna change. I'll be adding a TM guide showing currently implemented TMs with the beta.
- A certain someone is getting a sprite update!
And much more! Look forward to release sometime in the next week!
That great man I have been loving it so far but when you exit the cave of the desert the girl who was afraid to go in at speak to you than ask for a battle after you say yes the game crashes(error message).

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
That great man I have been loving it so far but when you exit the cave of the desert the girl who was afraid to go in at speak to you than ask for a battle after you say yes the game crashes.

I'd post the error message (if you got one) so it'll be easier for Mashirosakura to figure out

Back