• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: G3T - Gen 3 Tools

Years
You may want to actually describe each of the tools in this little pack in the first post. I had no idea what Anti-Exploud did until I read through the thread. You should probably also say why the other tools are different/better than some of the alternatives out there now. Best of luck!

Didn't you see the "Help" and "About" menus in Anti-Exploud? ^^
Anyway, I updated the 1st post.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 11, 2016
Does this mean that you can make Fire Punch (just to use an example) Physical in Gen 3?

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Does this mean that you can make Fire Punch (just to use an example) Physical in Gen 3?

Nope, you need the Physical/Special split for that. You can find it in the Research/Development section in the 4th Gen Split thread. Just comb around a bit for the ones by Doesntknowhowtoplay.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
Uh...every ROM I try to open, it keeps saying "Unsupported ROM!" These are ROMs that I have not edited, and they're Ruby, Sapphire, Firered, Leafgreen, and Emerald.

Years
Yes you can, but, it won't work alone. Like ShyRaya told you, a Physical/Special Split patch. (Look for Doesn'tKnowHowToPlay's patch in the resources forum.)

Uh...every ROM I try to open, it keeps saying "Unsupported ROM!" These are ROMs that I have not edited, and they're Ruby, Sapphire, Firered, Leafgreen, and Emerald.
Are you using Windows XP?
Anyway, you can fix that by putting the rom in the same folder as the program.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
They look great! Can't wait until my good computer gets fixed so I can try them.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
Are you using Windows XP?
Anyway, you can fix that by putting the rom in the same folder as the program.
I am using XP. I'll see if that works.

EDIT: Well, it works if I put the ROM within the same folder. Anyways, the program looks promising. I'll just have to figure out where to put which offsets. But, other than that, it looks promising.

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2022
can that trainer editor edit the difficulty of the ai, to make them harder? And the ev aspect of the editor, how does it distribute the evs among the pokmeons stats? like 100 each or idk how??

Years
can that trainer editor edit the difficulty of the ai, to make them harder? And the ev aspect of the editor, how does it distribute the evs among the pokmeons stats? like 100 each or idk how??
Apparently, the Unknown Byte is called AI in some Trainers Editor, but I don't know anything about that byte.
The "AI" byte, is 1 for most FR/LG Trainers and 7 for a few such as Rival and Gym Leaders and CoolTrainers, who are supposedly harder than the usual trainers.
In Emerald, some trainers have 0, 3, 11, 15 or 23 in that byte. (decimal)
Such random values means that the byte is read in binary, which would be logic if it is used to control the AI.

The editor does not distribut the EVs, the game engine does based on the value in the EVs byte. But how exactly the engine uses that byte? I don't know, yet.
Doesn'tKnowHowToPlay made a patch that allows you to have a full control over Trainers' Pokémon's EVs AND natures using the EVs byte, look for it in the R&D forum.

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2022
well emerald there is a complete hack tool to edit any trainer pokemon as well as difficulty, i believe 255 is the highest it goes. I got 255 from the battle frontier brains, when i edited their poke so you can assume thats the limit. Im not really into rom hacking (the code aspect), i just use the tools, si i have no idea what thatdontknow how to play is talking about, but thanks for the help.

Years
I just upload G3T 2.2, I fixed some few minor bugs and added the possibility to edit a move's description.
I think the next tool I'll make will be an Item Editor.

Years
Not sure what language you are coding in but I do have some stuff in my sig that may help you.

I am using Visual Studio 2010. Thank you dude, I'll have a look on it! :3

Edit: Yay, finally I am able to show sprites in my tools. ^^ Thank you Gamer2020!!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
Hi. can anyone please explain me what the experience column do. I am having a hard time figuring it out

Years
@Weedle14, Base Exp. is a factor in the Experience Gain calculation. The higher it is, the higher is the amount of Experience is given by that Pokémon when beaten. (f.e. Raticate gives more Experience than Rattata, because its Base Exp is higher than Rattata's)
Max Exp. is the amount of Experience the Pokémon will have at Level 100. The higher it is, the slower it is to level up. (Magikarp is slow to level up compared to Goldeen, because Magikarp's Max Exp. is higher. Also, you should not that, unlike Base Exp., Pokémon of the same family MUST have the same Max. Exp otherwise, if a Pokémon evolves into a Pokémon with a different Max Exp. it will cause the game to freeze when it levels up during a battle.)

G3T v2.3 is coming very soon. Bringing some cool stuff, such as an Item Editor and improvments to the already existing tools. :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024
This tool looks interesting :)
Some features maybe can work
Editing pokemon cry's
Maybe add a sound editor for editing the sound of attacks like cut rocksmash etc
Extending Items Extra items in the game or pokemons if possible
Thats all about features
Do this work for Emerald?
Anyway Good work on making this tool
Hope to see updates ;)

Dragonflye

Author of Pokémon Sovereign of the Skies
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
Nice work, but I can't repoint in 32mb Freespace. :(

Back