• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Well, I don't have much time lately... Man... I hate that... :(
By the way... This is just the tip of the iceberg... You can expect me to actually being "abducted" by the Uni... XDXDXDXDXDXD

Hey zel, how many Rival encounters do you thin will be in B4? I know Ashlee will be in there, but what about the others?

All of them will be. In fact, since I'm not doing a thing in-game, at least I'm doing more planning in papers. So, for now I've thought about a lot of extra events. Most of them will include Ashlee and J&J doing bad stuff, and you having to fight them and save the day. But the other guys will be filling some empty spaces. And Carlos well... He'll be annoying you a bit (not as much as in Johto, but he'll always be hard to beat while in Kanto)

Just to give you an idea, there are 28 extra events involving rivals. Not every event has a battle, of course, or it may become annoying.

Are you going to include larvitar on mt.silver since you can already purchase one at the lottery corner in goldenrod.

Yes, because, well. It was there, and it must remain there.

hey zel, you think that when B4 comes out, it will be complete? or you're planning to release more Betas?

Of course B4 is not the last Beta you'll play. I think a Beta5 will include almost the rest of the game till the 2nd Battle in the League. Then a Beta6 will include Mt.Silver, and all the other sidequests. Then probably a Beta6.5 should come out trying to fix all that needs serious fixing. And if I'm able to, a Beta7 and so on will start having all the stuff I'm avoiding, trying to make them possible, if it is possible...

Of course, the game would be officially over at B6.5, the rest will just be tries to get extra stuff working...

That's all I can say for now... There are some holidays coming next week. If I'm not with a lot of stuff I may keep on working, but until then...

Bye everyone!

Years
i am wondering if every legend in the game gets a lil event or puzzle to catch them , your going to do something like that zel ??

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 20, 2017
Zel

Zel I have a question you have maked a remake of pokemon gold with a new trainer in the beginning with his pokemon but if pokemon gold is not ready to the kanto region why can you stil come in lavender ect.

Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2013
i am wondering if every legend in the game gets a lil event or puzzle to catch them , your going to do something like that zel ??

Yes, he said that he would MAKE ALL 386 POKEMON CATCHABLE. Read first page. This question was also asked, like 2 pages ago.

@pachelbel22: You don't seem to understand something [not in a bad way]. Shiny Gold is a hack of FireRed, but the game itself is NOT complete. He stopped it at Ice Path. If you try to go past it, and succeed, you'll just end up in a place in Fire Red that has been untouched. If you use a glitch, you can access it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 20, 2017
Yes, he said that he would MAKE ALL 386 POKEMON CATCHABLE. Read first page. This question was also asked, like 2 pages ago.

@pachelbel22: You don't seem to understand something [not in a bad way]. Shiny Gold is a hack of FireRed, but the game itself is NOT complete. He stopped it at Ice Path. If you try to go past it, and succeed, you'll just end up in a place in Fire Red that has been untouched. If you use a glitch, you can access it.

no you can't get passed the ice path but in this forum some persons sad that you can go to lavender by teleporting in cainwood something like that

Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2013
no you can't get passed the ice path but in this forum some persons sad that you can go to lavender by teleporting in cainwood something like that

Yeah, teleporting through a town is what I meant by 'passing the icepath.' I meant that as in passing the game's system, or it's intended system. You can get there like that because the game is still a hack of Fire Red, but it is incomplete, so there are still unused remnants of Fire Red there, and by using the particular town and doing something, you get sent to Lavender Town, which is a town in Fire Red that was most likely untouched, or the town you teleported from used Lavender's data, or something.

Years
Yeah, teleporting through a town is what I meant by 'passing the icepath.' I meant that as in passing the game's system, or it's intended system. You can get there like that because the game is still a hack of Fire Red, but it is incomplete, so there are still unused remnants of Fire Red there, and by using the particular town and doing something, you get sent to Lavender Town, which is a town in Fire Red that was most likely untouched, or the town you teleported from used Lavender's data, or something.

Dude.. you do realize that all towns in Kanto are untouched? Because Zel needs Kanto so it will be a genuine Gold Advanced version. If he didn't include Kanto, then it would be lame after the Elite Four. So all towns and stuff in Kanto are going to be slightly adjusted to match those of the original Gold Version. You also realize Johto is being made from the Sevii Islands?

Years

I know all of them are catchable xD
What i said was if all of the legends get an event if you try to catch them like deoxys an the Triangle thing , you gett me now xD ?

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023
I know all of them are catchable xD
What i said was if all of the legends get an event if you try to catch them like deoxys an the Triangle thing , you gett me now xD ?

Zel has said in the past that he is making new events to get the legendaries (all of them)

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
Years
no, zel already said that shiny gold will be his ONLY gold/silver remake

and this is going to be the last time i say this, PATIENCE, you need to wait for zel, dont rush him

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2008
I'm sorry if this has already been answered, but my game freezes after i beat the rocket grunt in slowpoke well. Any work-arounds? (I'm use the latest VBA and version of the hack)

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I'm sorry if this has already been answered, but my game freezes after i beat the rocket grunt in slowpoke well. Any work-arounds? (I'm use the latest VBA and version of the hack)

It's a problem of beta 3(.5), the event broke so you can only talk to the last rocket (the only important one). Please, before asking things, be sure to check the FAQ's and the known glitches in the first post.

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2008
It's a problem of beta 3(.5), the event broke so you can only talk to the last rocket (the only important one). Please, before asking things, be sure to check the FAQ's and the known glitches in the first post.

It is the last rocket (the one sitting by the 2 slowpoke.) As I walk out to leave the cave I go about 3 steps to the left, the game stops for about 2 seconds. I can see the old man in the corner of my screen, and he starts his dialogue. After he finishes the the game freezes, but does not chrash. I have tried escape ropeing out but, the that cause some other problems, as the rocket gaurding the gym is still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back