• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why is it a secret?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
We all have our secrets. Speaking purely of the secret you have that you keep to yourself and only yourself alone, I just want to know... why exactly is it a secret? Are you afraid of people finding out about <fill in whatever your most secret secret is>? Think it will cause some sort of embarrassment to you? I mean, what's the worst that can happen if the world knew about your most secret secret?

Disko_Rock

Pokémon Therapist
Years
Ostracism. Plain and simple.

Nothing worse than having your deepest secret known and being made to feel like you don't belong where you've fit for so long before with no issues.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Pretty much why I have no secrets. I don't tell certain people certain things because I know they'll irritate me over it or won't understand at all. But there's nothing that I won't tell to anybody at all.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
Years
Ostracism. Plain and simple.

Nothing worse than having your deepest secret known and being made to feel like you don't belong where you've fit for so long before with no issues.

This pretty much, though a few people do know this secret (though I know they'd never tell anyone said secret and as far as I'm aware don't think of me too differently)

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
Well, now that the main secret is out to PC at least, I can just say it lol. When my parents discovered I was gay, my brother was only 8 years old. My parents didn't want him to know about it until he was older, so I kept it a secret from EVERYONE, for fear that someone would leak it and it would get around somehow. Now, though, I just keep it hidden from other people just because I would both feel weird blurting it out, or because I fear their reaction, or possibly just because I have hidden it so long, I am doing it out of inertia. xD

Years
If people knew my most secret secret then I would have to face it myself. Aside from being shamed/embarrassed/ostracized I would no longer be able to lie to myself and pretend things are other than what they are.

Disko_Rock

Pokémon Therapist
Years
Well, now that the main secret is out to PC at least, I can just say it lol. When my parents discovered I was gay, my brother was only 8 years old. My parents didn't want him to know about it until he was older, so I kept it a secret from EVERYONE, for fear that someone would leak it and it would get around somehow. Now, though, I just keep it hidden from other people just because I would both feel weird blurting it out, or because I fear their reaction, or possibly just because I have hidden it so long, I am doing it out of inertia. xD

Wow, I'm sorry. Having to hide a who you are or even a part would suck loads. I used to do it when I started my new school but then I thought 'meh I don't care really'.

And that wasn't even my secret

If people knew my most secret secret then I would have to face it myself. Aside from being shamed/embarrassed/ostracized I would no longer be able to lie to myself and pretend things are other than what they are.

Especially since to be able to tell someone you'd have to admit it to yourself even for a little while :\

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I don't tell anyone secrets because I don't want to take the risk of getting myself in trouble with authorities.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
There are things I keep to myself, about myself or about other stuff, but it's not like I'm walking around with this amazing secret or anything, just personal things that aren't any other people's business.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Most of the secrets I keep about myself are because I like having secrets. It sounds a little twisted, but that's just the way I am. I like having little things about myself that only I know. It gives me something to smirk about in my head when a situation arises and you have a thought that only you would have.

Also, this way it makes it more special when I actually do care about and trust someone else enough to tell them my secrets.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
The qualifying question is, as I rather think that way: Why would these things need be known?
There are no secrets per se; if it becomes relevant I may say, otherwise probably not, as I'm generally disinterested in having folks cause fuss over inconsequential matters.

Last edited:

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
sometimes i prefer keeping somethings to myself..i'm not the kind who like people know everything about and also i have a problem in communicate with others...when i feel bad i like to stay a lone cuz nobody would understand...beside nobody ask too lol

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
That scene from Glee made me so sad.

Anyway, I don't really have any secrets. It's more or less there are things I want people to know, and things I don't want everyone to know. The latter is usually stuff that my close friends know. I have no big secret that I have to hide, really.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
I have no secrets at the moment -I don't think-, but If I did; I'd keep them to myself because I'm really shy about it or I just don't consider anyone to tell them it.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I guard my thoughts and words because my personal business is of no one's concern but my own. And if it's of someone's concern, then only that someone should know about it. Anything otherwise could potentially be unprofessional, unmerited, or unneeded gossip-fuel for others to pass unnecessary judgement.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
Why exactly is it a secret?
Because it's potentially career- and reputation-ruining if it got out.
Are you afraid of people finding out about <fill in whatever your most secret secret is>?
Yes.
Think it will cause some sort of embarrassment to you?
No. It's more that if word got out, it would ruin my reputation and I'd probably have trouble getting a job. Also, more ignorant people would probably attack me. Some crazy might even go off and try and kill me for it.
I mean, what's the worst that can happen if the world knew about your most secret secret?
Dying.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
We all have our secrets. Speaking purely of the secret you have that you keep to yourself and only yourself alone, I just want to know... why exactly is it a secret? Are you afraid of people finding out about <fill in whatever your most secret secret is>? Think it will cause some sort of embarrassment to you? I mean, what's the worst that can happen if the world knew about your most secret secret?

...Actually come to think of it there isn't a single secret that I can think of that only I know.|D

There are secrets that very few / almost nobody knows though, and they're secrets because... well... not everyone deserves to know everything about me. A lot of them aren't even that harmful or embarrassing so much as they are personal and requiring some understanding on other people's parts.

Though some are very embarrassing. >w>

What's the worst that /could/ happen? Like, theoretically? Theoretically, an alien race that has been spying on us and views whatever the heck they just learned as the ultimate crime could decide to /vaporize the planet/.

Realistically speaking, not much would happen. I might lose a few friends, but life would move on after any initial drama llama'ing passed.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
The secrets that I have aren't kept secret for any rational reason. If I told people about them, there'd be no visceral reaction from anyone. I just like keeping them to myself, in a way. I like that there's stuff about me that no one knows at all. Maybe it's a sense of power or something... like "you don't know me" or something like that. I dunno. Nothing bad would happen if I went all memoir-y, but I just like being secretive!

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I don't want people to know my secrets. I'm worried that they'd think differently of me if I were to tell people them, or let them be known to others through a slip of the tongue which I'd definitely never make. And I know that it's easy for people to say "no it's ok I don't think differently of you!!!" but this kinda stuff is, imo, pretty big. People would definitely reconsider me as a person, and might even do something I don't want them to if they were so inclined. And I can't have that happening, so I don't tell people. I'll say now, by the way, that if you're reading this post you don't know what the particular secret I'm talking about is.

Realistically, I don't know the worst things that could happen if I were to tell people everything about me, but I don't want to find out!

Back