• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: G3T - Gen 3 Tools

Years
Nice work, but I can't repoint in 32mb Freespace. :(
Hmm!! I suppose that pointers in a 32Mb-sized ROM end with 09 instead of 08, if pointing to the extended space. Right?
Your tools work with Expanded Pokemon Amount? As I figured that GBAPGE work with expanded Pokemon Table. I ask that you tools can do it.
LCCoolJ95 told me the tools do work with expanded Pokémon Table, you'll just need to change the value of NumberOfPokemon in the appropriate .ini file.

Dragonflye

Author of Pokémon Sovereign of the Skies
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
Hmm!! I suppose that pointers in a 32Mb-sized ROM end with 09 instead of 08, if pointing to the extended space. Right?

Yes, thats right. ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Work the Tool with expandet also with attacks?

Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2023

LCCoolJ95 told me the tools do work with expanded Pokémon Table, you'll just need to change the value of NumberOfPokemon in the appropriate .ini file.

In order to work with 32MB romspace you have to understand that the GBA maps the ROM to 0x08XXXXXX, the next section would of course be 0x09XXXXXX, to calculate your offset (or pointer vice versa) you need to do something like "pointer - 0x08000000" or "pointer & 0x1FFFFFF" and "offset + 0x08000000" / "offset | 0x08000000" I am guessing bit operations would be a bit faster but i'm not sure. Most coders forget that the GBA does in fact support Roms to be bigger than 16MB.

~SBird

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2015
Hmm... I was wondering... for the pokemon editor, it allows us to change the 2 unknown bytes... What DO the unknown bytes actually DO?

Years
Hi, I just uploaded version 2.4 that brings some few changes such as:
- Slightly better performances
- Possibility to edit 32Mb ROMs or any ROMs that had their size extended.
- Possibility to edit the Contest Data of moves.

The problem is, I derped the Trainers Editor code, it is now not working in v2.4, but the rest of tools work flawlessly. Until I fix this little issue, the OP will have only download links of v2.3.
If you want to profit from v2.4's additions; you can download it from the attachment below and don't report Trainers Editor not working...

Dragonflye

Author of Pokémon Sovereign of the Skies
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
Nice work. ;) But the Trainer Editor has some Bugs. Start the Emerald Englisch or German thats not important, and see it.^^

Years
G3T supports only English versions.
The Trainers Editor may show an error when opening an Emerald game because the 1st entry in the Trainers table does not have correct data. I think I should re-disable the 1st entry like it was in the previous versions and in most Trainers editing tools out there. :v

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Does your tool support extended Attack list and new types being added into the ROM?
I tried to edit your .ini file, but MoveData=&HCA54 and MoveNames=&H2E18C are waaay different from AttackNamesOffset = 0x1F8320 of YAPE and AttackData=&H1FB12C of GBAPGE... =/

Ruby ROM, btw~

Last edited:

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
Yes unfortunately my ini is the same, and I can't even load up BPRE.

~Archer~

I am the bone of my sword.
Years
I was wondering, how far does the Pokemon Editor go? Specifically when it comes to editing the level up moves.

To clarify, I was planning on updating the level up movesets of all Pokemon in Emerald to be more like in X/Y (within limits due to which moves are available). Naturally there are plenty that have more moves in them. So I used the Data Offset editor to add more slots for moves and search for free space to be able to actually fit in.

So far so good. Yet it doesn't save the new location (or offset) for the level up list. It always returns back to the default. If I only edit what's there, it saves just fine. So it's purely that it won't save the new offset to contain extra move slots. Is it just not possible (which I doubt cuz why else have the function) or does this have to be done manually in a hex editor?

Hullo!
1: I used the trainer editer thingy on FireRed and it showed a whole bunch of glitched entries. Yet when I used it on Emerald is worked just fine. My roms are both clean (I re-downloaded both 3 times to make sure, even different places)
2: If you are still making tools I would LOVE to see a map-editor (I know theres advance map and others, but I've heard that using tools from several different authors can cause you Hack to become bugged due to the different style that each writes in or something to that effect.) + Texture editor (Overworlds, In battle sprites, Tilesets, etc...)

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Alright awesome, gonna try it out and put it on WAH :)

Back