• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film What was the last movie you watched?

baire

many such cases
Years
last film I watched was La Jetée (1962), I'd been meaning to watch it for quite a while, the music video for a song I like (Son of Sam by Elliott Smith) was heavily based on it.

I didn't really know what to expect going in, since it's some bizarre French avant-garde film, but I had fun. a lot of really unsettling and haunting images which I always enjoy in movies and I've seen 12 Monkeys (which was based off La Jetée) before so it felt vaguely familiar

Last edited:
Years
Fantastic Mr Fox (2009) - 8.5/10

Clever. Amusing. Good flow. And stop motion, so enough said! Ash was plain brilliant, and George Clooney made for a wonderful Mr Fox. A very good film.

Years
Harry Potter, and the Chamber of Secrets. It was fine, not my all-time favorite of the series, those are coming up with Azakaban and the Goblet of Fire, but I still enjoy COS as I enjoy all of the movies in the franchise. Kenneth Branagh as Gilderoy Lockhart is really amusing, my favorite part. I just wish they had kept his appearance at St. Mungo's in the Order of the Phoenix movie.

Last edited:
Years
Les Misérables (2012) - 9/10

Can you hear the people sing? Singing how the fuck awesome this is?
Graceless levity aside, it has magnificent performances on all sides. Anne Hathaway and Eddie Redmayne certainly shine, but Hugh Jackman is wonderful.

Mary And The Witches Flower (2018 dub) - 6.9/10

Enjoyable but flawed. Worth a look, I'd say. Perhaps in Japanese? In English, Mary repeating every second word can get a tad grating on the old ear holes.

The Danish Girl (2015) - 8/10

Heavy, powerful, yet a tad polite. Eddie Redmayne gave a truly beautiful performance, however. Any fan of his, or anyone remotely involved in the transgender movement or would like some better understanding of it should watch this film.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
The Nightmare Before Christmas.

A spooktacular treat to watch for the festive season.

With top notch talent, writing and passion, it's totally possible to pull of a fantastic Halloweeen/Christmas hybrid movie.

Favourite character is Jack Skellington, though Oogie Boogie comes very close.

Kai

Wayfarer
Years
Today I watched Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse which instantly became my favorite Spider-Man movie.

Years
Ralph Breaks the Internet.

Maybe a 6/10 with some pretty good bits and some not so good...

The post credits scene was probably the highlight of the movie

pkmin3033

Digimon Adventure Tri: Loss, which was...meh. I've been meaning to watch these films for a while now - just waiting for them all to be dubbed - and now that I am I'm honestly quite disappointed...the only thing they've kept from the Adventure series that I loved are the voice actors, and even half of those are gone. The plot is a messy and boring train wreck, the lack of character development is VERY prominent in movie format, and...eh, Megas for those who didn't get Megas in the TV series isn't that big of a deal.

The art style is horrible, the music is half-and-half - you get a remix of the original theme song, then Japanese Brave Heart, what the hell - and the cheesy 90s humour that made Adventure and 02 so brilliant are completely gone. And because they couldn't be bothered to make a proper Digimon villain they just recycled Gennai and made him evil. Why did I even want to watch these movies again?

Last edited:
Years
I just watched A Simple Favor (2018) starring Blake Lively & Anna Kendrick. It was a pretty great movie - I'd definitely recommend it to other people.

Henry Golding so hot tbh.

Years
Super 8 (2011)

In terms of enjoyment, 9.5/10.

A superficial romp into nostalgia, but great fun nonetheless. Any enthusiast of kids brandishing walkie-talkies and getting inveigled in governmental conspiracies should watch this.

pkmin3033

Hmm...well, I will say one thing - this is literally the only good Spiderman film that has ever been made. But I do feel that part of the praise it has been getting comes from that, because it's basically just Miles Morales' origin story with bits of the Spiderverse comic book storyline - which WAS a very good story, admittedly - added so it's not just another obvious origin story.

But I feel this was quite cleverly written - people who grew up with the Ultimate Marvel comics are going to appreciate the references, and people that didn't will have no idea this stuff isn't actually over a decade old. The small minority who actually read the comics and remember Spiderverse will probably appreciate that this isn't plagiaristic drivel like the entirety of the MCU...good job, Bendis. I see your name in the credits and I know the majority of this comes from you.

It was...fine. I'm glad they added Spider Gwen, but I wish they'd left out Spider Ham. Noir and Peni...eh. I can think of less interesting Spidermen I suppose, but I would have preferred more interesting ones like Spider-UK or the Superior Spiderman. I hate CGI but it was OK, and I don't really have any huge complaints for once. I'll file this one away in the "good Marvel movies" section, alongside the two Deadpool films, the first two rebooted X-Men movies, and Logan. Not looking quite so lonely in there any more. xD

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
Aquaman. It was hilarious. Comedy of the Year.

Last edited:
Years
Last movie I watched was The Wave a Norwegian disaster movie on Netflix. It was pretty good, hit most of the usual disaster movie cliche beats which I couldn't help but notice but the acting was quite good and the obvious similarities to the rest of the genre didn't make it unpleasant to watch.

I do have to give mad props to the way things were set up during the climax, especially the set design. Some characters made an annoyingly stupid decision but the intensity and pandemonium were well done and that set design.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
I saw Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse the other week.

It was a phenomenal animated experience. After many generic cartoony movies that fade into obscurity, Sony Pictures Animation created a true animated feature that's most likely going to be remembered fondly for generations

Kingpin is a tragic villain pulled off phenomenally, maybe on par with Mr. Freeze, even though I never watched Batman: The Animated Series. One thing's for sure; this incarnation of Kingpin trumps above most sympathetic cartoon villains lately, since they never seem to get karma for their actions.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Aquaman. The only decent DCEU film except maybe WW and hopefully Shazam. James Wan did a good job and I hope Superman finally gets a decent film that can reach Reeve Superman's level of character.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Hercules!! I forgot just how good this movie was. Funny too!

Back