• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)

Years
A quick question: is there any special Dark move in-game?
I want to train a houndour, but as far as I know all default gen 3 Dark moves would qualify as physical.

Pretty sure no, unfortunately. I'm looking into adding some later gen moves though.

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years
A quick question: is there any special Dark move in-game?
I want to train a houndour, but as far as I know all default gen 3 Dark moves would qualify as physical.

Dark types are special in gen 3, and ghost types are physical. Just so you know :)

Years
Another cool update today, there is now another NPC in the daycare that will show you your party's EVs and IVs. This is a feature I have wanted to implement for a while and only just today have I gotten it working properly so I really hope you enjoy it!

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Can't catch pokemon on route 116, it's treating the wild pokemon as if they were trainers pokemon and blocking the pokeball. There is also a ton of capitalization issues like GREAT balls.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 6, 2022
Can't catch pokemon on route 116, it's treating the wild pokemon as if they were trainers pokemon and blocking the pokeball. There is also a ton of capitalization issues like GREAT balls.

I managed to successfully catch pokemon twice on route 116 (used an Ultra Ball and a Master Ball).

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 6, 2022
Wow, this is an awesome hack. This hack seems to be Emerald's answer to Pokemon Throwback. (One of my all-time favorite hacks)

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=285094

A couple things I wanted to say...

- Not a complete dealbreaker but as some have pointed out, there are a few capitalization issues in some parts. For example, in the balls section in the bag, most of the balls are oddly capitalized like GREAT Ball, ULTRA Ball, MASTER Ball etc (oddly Poke Ball is the only ball that was unaffected). Additionally on Route 104 (Petalburg Woods exit, near the flower shop), there's a sign that mentions "TrainerS"

-Personally, I'm a little wary about adding post-Gen III moves and abilities into this hack, I feel that adding moves and abilities from the later gens would distill the spirit of the original Pokemon Emerald. Plus, I feel that adding moves and abilities that didn't exist in Emerald could create some odd bugs.

Just my two cents.

But other than that, I like where this hack is going!

Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Years

Yeahhh that is a problem I have been noticing, I just got home and I am going to remove the no-catch script here in a minute and update the links, very sorry about all that, been trying to get it to work but until I can fix it 100% I'm going to leave it out. As for capitalization issues, it's something I am aware of, the application I used to de-capitalize the game didn't seem to be as thorough as it claimed to be, I am going to see if I can't find another thing to automate it for me because I do not relish the notion of picking through the code to find all the issues, but if that's what I have to do then so be it. Hope you are enjoying the hack otherwise!

Years
I managed to successfully catch pokemon twice on route 116 (used an Ultra Ball and a Master Ball).

That is pretty much the issue I've been experiencing, the game is treating while pokemon as if they were trainer's pokemon.
I'm using the latest v6.1, upgraded from v4.3 (I did not start over, I use the existing save file), BTW.

Years
Thanks, will you release the fix as a new version, E.G v6.11, or a replacement for the current v6.1?

6.11, I always make it a new one, if you're concerned about losing your savegame, all you have to do is rename your .sav file to have the same name and it will work just fine

Years
6.11, I always make it a new one, if you're concerned about losing your savegame, all you have to do is rename your .sav file to have the same name and it will work just fine

Thanks for the quick response! I'm looking forward to the fix.
BTW, do you plan on editing trainers/boss fights, or increasing the difficulty of the game?

Years
Thanks for the quick response! I'm looking forward to the fix.
BTW, do you plan on editing trainers/boss fights, or increasing the difficulty of the game?

No, I want this to feel like an enhanced vanilla, not a difficulty increase. After all a lot of the things I have have added make things easier more than anything. I might end up changing rematches with trainers but beyond that it's not in the works. And as for the quick response, I really care about this so I spend a lot of my off time perusing this post seeing if there are new comments and whatnot lol

Years
No, I want this to feel like an enhanced vanilla, not a difficulty increase. After all a lot of the things I have have added make things easier more than anything. I might end up changing rematches with trainers but beyond that it's not in the works. And as for the quick response, I really care about this so I spend a lot of my off time perusing this post seeing if there are new comments and whatnot lol

I see. Thanks again anyways. Keep up the good work!

Years
SO a quick bugfix today, I have removed the anti-catching script (which was used to prevent players from catching pokemon in the EV training area, so I guess we're on the honor system now!) due to bugs.
Also, I have found a new de-capitalization patch (thanks to Le pug) please let me know if there are still words that are capitalized!

Years
Wow, this is an awesome hack. This hack seems to be Emerald's answer to Pokemon Throwback. (One of my all-time favorite hacks)

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=285094

A couple things I wanted to say...

- Not a complete dealbreaker but as some have pointed out, there are a few capitalization issues in some parts. For example, in the balls section in the bag, most of the balls are oddly capitalized like GREAT Ball, ULTRA Ball, MASTER Ball etc (oddly Poke Ball is the only ball that was unaffected). Additionally on Route 104 (Petalburg Woods exit, near the flower shop), there's a sign that mentions "TrainerS"

-Personally, I'm a little wary about adding post-Gen III moves and abilities into this hack, I feel that adding moves and abilities from the later gens would distill the spirit of the original Pokemon Emerald. Plus, I feel that adding moves and abilities that didn't exist in Emerald could create some odd bugs.

Just my two cents.

But other than that, I like where this hack is going!

Keep up the good work!

Thanks! I am glad you like it! If I can figure out the new gen moves and abilities, I will most likely keep it as a separate patch so people can play it how they want. I have been asked to make a patch for the vanilla movesets since I added most of the FR/LG additions (I skipped dunsparce because who cares lol) but that one I think I can leave as is since in my mind its purely positive.
Anyway, thanks again for taking the time to leave a comment, hope you keep enjoying Emerald Final! (A name I am thinking of changing lol)

Back