• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon you haven't used yet, but want to!

icycatelf

Alex
Years
I think I've already used everything I'm remotely interested in at least once, barring Zeraora. (I really like the design, but I'm not too keen on using Legendaries/Mythicals these days since I'd be unlikely to have them if I lived in the Pokéverse.)

There are still a few that I've briefly used that I wouldn't mind playing around with more extensively, however. Kingdra, Leafeon, Volcarona... Maybe I'll try Shiny-hunting these sometime.

EDIT: Yanmega seems rather mechanical compared to its much-cuter pre-evolved form, but I'd kind of like to give it a chance due to its link to fossils. I find Carboniferous fossils in my area (though so far no insects) and Yanmega is based on a Carboniferous species, so...

Last edited:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Right now I'm kind of interested in using a Poliwrath and/or a Rapidash on whatever my next Pokemon playthrough will be that will have them available. No particular reason really, just what I feel like doing.

Years
It's hard trying to remember what I have and haven't used over the years but I'm pretty sure that I've never used Jigglypuff, certainly not in any of the early games anyway, which seems completely criminal.

Years
Practically all of them. I'm bloody hopeless.

Fighting past my lethargic, foggy brain and getting to real specifics... I'd say Terrakion and Deoxys. They're brilliant.

Years
I kinda wonder what it would be like to use Pokemon like Muk, Weezing, Gengar, or well... honestly, most Ghost/Poison types, because I don't tend to include them as part of my team(s).

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
There's actually so many, considering how long I stuck with the first three generations.

I would love to use Gliscor, Tangrowth, or even Terrakion. Toxapex has been something I've wanted to use for a while. It's not that I'm overly fond of these, but I randomly crave certain ones on my teams. These in particular, I've never used.

Years
There's a few Johto Pokémon I haven't ever used on a playthough because of that questionable distribution from the Johto games. I've always wanted to playthrough with a Houndoom and Misdreavus.

I did use Action Replay once though to sneak to Silver Cave early on in the game to catch Larvitar and Sneasel for one playthrough though.

So many of Johto's best Pokémon are only available extremely late on.

Years
Aside from Hydreigon and maybe Dragonite way back in the day, I've never really included any pseudo-legendaries in my party. It's kind of surprising actually, as Metagross has one of my favorite type combinations, and I always search out the first stage Pokemon as early as I can, but just never really bother to use them.

Years
oh im planning to use vikavolt and mimikyu when i play ultra sun. never used these pokemon before and they seem interesting. everytime I replay a region i try to use pokemon that i've never used

Years
I've never used Lurantis but I will soon, in the mono grass run I just started in UM. :) Can't think of any other examples... though I'm sure there are a couple more.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
I'd like to use a lot of water types but never can. For instance Relicanth in Hoenn. Either I quit playing or get another water type because Relicanth is only catchable after the seventh gym, way too far in the game.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
There's an embarrassing amount of Pokemon that I haven't used that I want to. Scizor, Breloom, Politoed, Kingdra ... the list goes on. To be fair though a lot of the Pokemon I haven't used a trade evolutions and I never reach out /find someone to trade with so I can have said evolution.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Escavalier comes to mind here. I like its design a lot, and I think it's a good battler. However, I somehow haven't ever been able to fit it on my team so far.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
Vileplume, Graveler, Steelix. There's actually quite a few, that I've wanted to try, but I just can't recall them all.

Zero-G

on the fly
Years
Toxapex.

Surprising huh? I know Toxapex is great and all that but whenever I play a game I absolutely loathe having to rely on stall tactics. I've caught and levelled one, yes. But using it in a runthrough? Never.

The same would apply for Ferrothorn if I wasn't using an offensive Cursethorn in a TR playthrough once lol

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I think I've used like 90% of non-legendary pokemon at least once. Some that I'd like to use/re-use in the future are water types, because there's way too many of them: Mantine, Lumineon, Toxapex, Barbaracle...
Also really 'bad' stuff like Shedinja, Ledian, Dustox, Shuckle.. I just realised I only listed bug types, so pretty much them.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
I think I've used like 90% of non-legendary pokemon at least once. Some that I'd like to use/re-use in the future are water types, because there's way too many of them: Mantine, Lumineon, Toxapex, Barbaracle...
Also really 'bad' stuff like Shedinja, Ledian, Dustox, Shuckle.. I just realised I only listed bug types, so pretty much them.

Shedinja and Shuckle aren't really that bad, they're just gimmicky. Also how would you go about using Ledian and Dustox?

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Shedinja and Shuckle aren't really that bad, they're just gimmicky. Also how would you go about using Ledian and Dustox?

Well, Ledian has 'good' special defense, so it'd just be a matter of being careful with it around physical attackers. With Dustox, its stats are just all around bad, but being a bit overleveled will help alleviate that. I mean, I've used Unown on an in-game team before; you can use pretty much any pokemon in-game and you should be able to manage.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Well, Ledian has 'good' special defense, so it'd just be a matter of being careful with it around physical attackers. With Dustox, its stats are just all around bad, but being a bit overleveled will help alleviate that. I mean, I've used Unown on an in-game team before; you can use pretty much any pokemon in-game and you should be able to manage.

I know overlevelling makes everything usable. But that's just not my style, it makes it less challenging. But I'm glad to see someone use weak and unpopular Pokemon the best they can. I myself use Dunsparce on occasion.

Last edited:
Back