• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
I hope they bring in an electric hamster whose specialty will be electroball. It'll run in the ball charging up it's power and then BOOM!

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
If they wouldn't let us trade multiple Pokemon at once, at least make the process quicker and have us able to skip that slow useless-animation.

Oh, and yes for electric hamster. Make it evolve-able and useful in battle like Azumaril too I hope.

blue

gucci
Years
I'd like Match Call to return like they had in GSC & RSE. It was really fun having trainers registered into your device and them calling you for a rematch, idk it's those little things that makes the game extra fun i guess.

Guy

just a guy
Years
If they wouldn't let us trade multiple Pokemon at once, at least make the process quicker and have us able to skip that slow useless-animation.

Oh, and yes for electric hamster. Make it evolve-able and useful in battle like Azumaril too I hope.
The animation is so pretty though.

No, but really, trading can be so tedious these days. Especially for those who want to trade over a handful of Pokémon from one game to the next. Shorter, quicker animations and being able to trade multiple Pokémon at once would be really nice to have at this point. At least three at the same time would be a time saver. Gen V was such a tease at first making us think we could do that, until we found out it was just another unnecessary step in the process.

blue

gucci
Years
Yes! I would be in full support of group trading, I really dislike having to trade each Pokemon individually and go through the motion of sending each of them over to the other game. Each one takes at least a minute so it would definitely speed things up.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I'd like Match Call to return like they had in GSC & RSE. It was really fun having trainers registered into your device and them calling you for a rematch, idk it's those little things that makes the game extra fun i guess.

Yeah, same here. It was really fun being able to talk to trainers and call them, they even called you to let you know of something, like sharing berries, asking for rematch or letting you know of any Pokémon Swarms.

That is something I wish could return in Pokémon X and Y. Who knows? We might get a decent device that can actually do all of that?. ^^

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years

No, just no. I prefer to rematch the gym leaders like how it's done on Platinum, because it makes it easier to level grind your Pokemon rather waiting on specific days and times to rematch them, especially if wild Pokemon on a certain region are extremely underleveled.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
I still think something like the match call would be cool to see. That is what i loved about pokemon emerald.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
If they bring back Match Call I hope it's more like Emerald's where they call you too, and sometimes you could rematch them more than once a day (I did do many times, very helpful for level grinding). Heck even the E4 called you asking for you to come over for a match, which made me feel like player was more of a champion than later generations since the E4 acknowledged the player as champ outside of the league.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
If they bring back match call, I would want it to be used with this awesome idea I had:
Route ranks. Meaning their would be a ranking list for each route, and the trainers all have their own spot. You would be able to climb up the ranks, and then become the number 1 trainer of the route. When someone becomes number two after the previous number 1 they can call you for a match to become route trainer number 1. It would add incentive to beat them all, and it would be an awesome way to add some depth to trainer battles.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
I don't know if these rumors have been posted before, saw them on Serebii. We have to wait until March to know if they're credible or not.

Spoiler:

blue

gucci
Years
I don't know if these rumors have been posted before, saw them on Serebii. We have to wait until March to know if they're credible or not.

Spoiler:

Even though there are many rumors flying about, I'm really hoping for this one to be credible! I'd love a Small Dolphin Pokemon and the Starter mythology sounds so awesome. Plover birds are cute too so that would be great, and Sylveon being flying would top it all off tbh.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
That guy was debunked in the gamefaqs thread in question, actually tried to prove himself through another rumor, and basically fell flat on his face. In other words, its fake.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I figured they were fake when I read the pokemon designs. They just don't seem like designs gamefreak would come up with.

In particular the electric Kangaroo with hammer hands screams fakemon.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Last time a rumor was sourced from GameFAQs, it was about SSB4 being revealed by Nintendo Direct for January 31st, but that never happened, so how can this rumor regarding XY be true, especially when its claim of Sylveon being a Flying type rather than a new type or Dragon type is a dead giveaway for being a fake.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I figured they were fake when I read the pokemon designs. They just don't seem like designs gamefreak would come up with.

In particular the electric Kangaroo with hammer hands screams fakemon.

True, but don't forget this is GF we're talking about here -- they can virtually create any design they want.

569.png

Anything.

So, while those rumors from GameFAQs are false, Gamefreak could still create something akin to a Kangaroo having hammer like arms... or something.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I think the fact that we've been reduced to not being able to disambiguate between a real Pokemon and a Fakemon is scary, as it means GameFreak is also reduced to making things that blur that line even more than it already was. x_x;

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
It is kind of scary, though the recent fakemons we've had still seemed fake in my eyes, yet it was certainly harder to be sure than last generation, especially after the whole final evolution starter debate...

It's best to take everything with a grain of salt until mid next month or until the official site updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back