• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Essentials BW2 Mod

Erassus

I'm back.
Years
thanks that you want to help^^
but i already finished the the bag by 90% and i am using the original bw2 graphics ripped form the rom :)

Me too, i'm using the same graphics as well, however, if you want other sections, i can help.

There's two version, for male and female.

View attachment 74687

View attachment 74688

I have the other 7 bag sections and button slider's.

PS: I made the XY Summary too, if you are interested. Example:

View attachment 74689

Years
Me tao, i'm usng tha sbee graphics as well, however, if you want othar sections, i can help.

Thare's two version, fo male and female.

View attachment 74687

View attachment 74688

I have tha othar 7 bag sections and buttan slider's.

PS: I buggine tha XY Summary tao, if you is nterested. Exbeple:

View attachment 74689

thanks but there is no help needed! (for the graphical part)
i already have 2 graphics designer and they are doing everything except ripping (because i am ripping all the interfaces)

KillerMapper

Helix Follower
Years
This project looks really awesome! I'm really looking to use it when it will be done. Good point for the non-mandatory mouse usage, since I'm not looking for its use.

I just have some quick questions if you don't mind:
- are you planning to modify the battle system? Or be compatible with Luka's Elite Battle script?
- if I decide to not use the seasons feature, will I still have the location name thing at the top of the screen?
- in the trainer card, about the badges, will it be compatible with multiple regions? (with 8 gyms in each region)

For the menu, maybe you could try something like this:
6Dtxh47.jpg

So we can still see the game, like in gen 1-3 games. I'm not a fan of a fullscreen menu but it's just an idea :)

Also how are you handling the debug menu, since you have only 6 slots in BW2 menu?

New Costum Scripts like the Season Script,

Costum? I suppose you mean Custom, just to be sure :p

Oh, you said you were ripping contents from the original game. You're doing it by taking screenshots or by extracting the graphics from the rom?

Thanks!

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
I'm pretty sure a good amount of scripts will be standalone. So you could use one, without the other.

His thread is pretty clear about what he is doing, though. If you don't like the layout of the systems, and/or want to change up scripts, that is up to you. Not up to him to cater to your requests. And for debug, you can always use F9 to access it. A slot in the menu is pretty redundant. (Not to mention that using F9 is a much quicker way to access it).

KillerMapper

Helix Follower
Years
Of course, it was just an idea.

F9 opens the debug menu? How I could miss that. Thanks for the tip.

Years
This project looks really awesome! I'm really looking to use it when it will be done. Good point for the non-mandatory mouse usage, since I'm not looking for its use.

I just have some quick questions if you don't mind:
- are you planning to modify the battle system? Or be compatible with Luka's Elite Battle script?
- if I decide to not use the seasons feature, will I still have the location name thing at the top of the screen?
- in the trainer card, about the badges, will it be compatible with multiple regions? (with 8 gyms in each region)

For the menu, maybe you could try something like this:
6Dtxh47.jpg

So we can still see the game, like in gen 1-3 games. I'm not a fan of a fullscreen menu but it's just an idea :)

Also how are you handling the debug menu, since you have only 6 slots in BW2 menu?

Costum? I suppose you mean Custom, just to be sure :p

Oh, you said you were ripping contents from the original game. You're doing it by taking screenshots or by extracting the graphics from the rom?

Thanks!

- I will be using Luka's Elite Battle system as the base for my project. All I will do is changing some UI Changes and probably add some features which are included in BW2.
- When you decide to not use the Seasons script, the current season will automatically be ignored (if that was your question). If you don't want the Location Window, then you just delete the Location Window script (which is not a big deal i think?)
- No it won't be compatible for multiple regions, since it isn't compatible for multiple regions in BW2 either.
- For the Menu all i can say is, that i want to "remake" BW2 the best I can, so I will keep it like it is.

- I rip the things form the original rom by disabling layers--> taking a screenshot --> edit it in photoshop.

KillerMapper

Helix Follower
Years
Thanks for the answers.
Well the point in my case it to not use the season feature since I won't need it, but to keep the name location bar on the top of the screen. If I understand correctly, it will still display so it's perfect :)

Ok for the rip. I'm looking to get the moves effect sprites, no way I can find them in the rom so I guess playing with the layers is the best way...

mewlover22

Pokemon Creator
Years
looks good can you just copy the stuff you want to use in your own game because i have the gen 6 addons for moves and other stuff and like the update of the hud and other stuff.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 19, 2016
Thread has more-than-satisfactory information for the add-on AND you're set to have standalone scripts? Wow, I'm impressed.

Much like any of Luka S.J.'s materials, you've got yourself one of the cleanest collections I've seen in a long time. Hope to see it complete soon!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2016
Alright. Let me know when there are developments. This looks incredible!

Years
Hey, shiney570 how is the progress coming along? Still hoping for an updates. If I may suggest something, that is to post the resources individually instead of full release, like you did for the menu. Of course it's up to you though. Good luck with the project, i'm sure it'll be awesome!

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 15, 2024
looks fantastic! Exactly what I'm looking for; I've tried to copy/paste essentials bw scripts into my game but the only one that worked was the character selection screen..

Years
Thanks for your that great work but why there isnt a fix for the nature statup/down function in the Summary?
I was searching around but didnt found one... So i decided to make one by myself.

First search shiney570`s summary script and go to the lines 558 and 559.
Change the statshadow colors to the right ones. You can of course use colors you want!

For statup (red): Color.new(206,148,156)
For statdown (blue): Color.new(148,148,214)

It should now look like so below:

Spoiler:

I added the statshadows function. That was actually missing in the old script!

Before:

[_INTL("Defense"),130,150-4,0,base2,shadow],
[sprintf("%d",pokemon.defense),328,150-4,2,base,shadow]

After:

[_INTL("Defense"),130,150-4,0,base2,statshadows[1]],
[sprintf("%d",pokemon.defense),328,150-4,2,base,shadow]

Here the script. Copy and paste the script down below at the lines 561 to 580

Spoiler:

Now it should hopefully work now!

Kind regards,

Delphox96

Years
Wow, nice work! But why isnt there a fix for the statup/down function? I found nothing about here in this post. It always says statdown for Sp.Atk and statup for Attack!

I was so irritated about this, that i was searching for, what is causing the problem.
I found out, that the statshadows function was missing in that part of the script and
also that the shadows were permanent set with a colorcode like this:

[_INTL("Attack"),130,118-4,0,base2,Color.new(206,148,156)],
[sprintf("%d",pokemon.attack),328,118-4,2,base,shadow],

[_INTL("Sp. Atk"),130,182-4,0,base2,Color.new(148,148,214)],
[sprintf("%d",pokemon.spatk),328,182-4,2,base,shadow],

(Blue) Color.new(148,148,214)
(Red) Color.new(206,148,156)

If you want the same colors for the statup/down shadows just copy
the colorcodes above and replace it with the old ones in
the lines 558 and 559!

It should now look like so:

HTML:
statshadows[natup]= Color.new(206,148,156) if natup!=natdn
statshadows[natdn]=Color.new(148,148,214) if natup!=natdn

Now you need to copy this and paste it in the lines 567 to 580 of the summary script

HTML:
       [_INTL("HP"),178,70-4,0,base2,shadow],
       [sprintf("%3d / %3d",pokemon.hp,pokemon.totalhp),328,70-4,2,base,shadow],
       [_INTL("Attack"),130,118-4,0,base2,statshadows[0]],
       [sprintf("%d",pokemon.attack),328,118-4,2,base,shadow],
       [_INTL("Defense"),130,150-4,0,base2,statshadows[1]],
       [sprintf("%d",pokemon.defense),328,150-4,2,base,shadow],
       [_INTL("Sp. Atk"),130,182-4,0,base2,statshadows[3]],
       [sprintf("%d",pokemon.spatk),328,182-4,2,base,shadow],
       [_INTL("Sp. Def"),130,214-4,0,base2,statshadows[4]],
       [sprintf("%d",pokemon.spdef),328,214-4,2,base,shadow],
       [_INTL("Speed"),130,246-4,0,base2,statshadows[2]],
       [sprintf("%d",pokemon.speed),328,246-4,2,base,shadow],
       [_INTL("Ability"),106,294-4,0,base2,shadow],
       [abilityname,226,294-4,0,base,shadow],