• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Not very coding savvy

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 17, 2018
Hi... does anyone know how I can get my menu looking like this...
I don't want to have the bag to click on in battles so people can't use items.

Attachments

• Menu.png
    Menu.png
    5.9 KB · Views: 2
Years
  • Seen yesterday
I can give you some general pointers:

1. Try looking at the PokeBattle_Scene scripts, that's where I'd expect to find the UI logic.
2. CommandMenuDisplay handles drawing the Fight/Pokemon/Bag/Run (according to a comment above it).
3. You'll probably need to disable the bag command. I think that will involve removing "Bag" from pbCommandMenu, and also might need to make changes in pbCommandMenuEx to deal with there only being 3 commands.

Note that if you care about the Safari etc then you'll need to be careful with your changes.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 17, 2018
hiya. ya... i read about this on one of the wiki pages but it said it was no longer relevant. i made a copy of the script and tried it anyway and it didnt work. i think it must have changed for the newer version of essentials. I don't understand all the other stuff written in the script.

Years
  • Seen yesterday
hiya. ya... i read about this on one of the wiki pages but it said it was no longer relevant. i made a copy of the script and tried it anyway and it didnt work. i think it must have changed for the newer version of essentials. I don't understand all the other stuff written in the script.

I'm not sure which page you're talking about.

The quickest change I found to disable the bag was to replace the existing pbItemMenu in PokeBattle_Scene with this:

Code:
  def pbItemMenu(index)
    Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("Can't use that here."))
    return 0
  end

Although you'll probably want to wrap that in an if statement that doesn't apply in wild battles (or limit the in-battle bag so that it only allows the player to access the Balls pocket), if you want to be able to catch Pok?mon.

I'm afraid you'll have to take a look at changing the UI yourself before I'm willing to help. Feel free to ask questions about specific bits of code and I'll try to answer as best I can.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 17, 2018
okay so... i know what u mean by that. its like when u cant use something like the bike indoors in the old games and it says "u cant use that here"? i was hoping to do something clever like in this picture though... but maybe not use the bag button? can i do that?
Ud0rQs7.png

Years
  • Seen yesterday
You can do that, but I don't have the time to work out how. If you want to make it look like your picture the places to look at are SpriteWindow_text and PokeBattle_Scene. My suggestion was a workaround for until you've worked out how.

If you do try and program that UI change, I think the best way is to detect if all the columns in the row are the same, and then display a single centered column if so. This way you'll only need to change the text and command for "Bag" to be the same as "Fight"'s and shouldn't break anything else.

Back