• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Party screen's Ball graphic matches the Pok? Ball the Pokemon was caught in

Damien.aspiring.fandev

Chapter 16 A New Dawn { ||:^❩ )
Years
There isn't any overlap between this and Luka's EBS. There's no reason adding my code would give you an error if you installed it in the correct place. In fact, I just tried installing it myself just now to a copy of Essentials with Luka's EBS installed, and it works perfectly fine.

The only possibilities I can think of are that you simply installed my code incorrectly, or you have other script changes that are conflicting with Luka's EBS. Try troubleshooting by removing any changes to your game one by one and testing until you no longer get that error.
I'm back fellow!
The script lines involved were changed back to their vanilla versions, and
Essentials runs perfectly.Right now I'm trying to change those lines once again aand...
I think I had to put the extra end after "else @pokeballsprite.changeBitmap(self.selected ? "pokeballsel" : "pokeballdesel")".
Now it seems to work nicely,except those beautiful ball sprites you've made are invisible... I'm an inept!{XD} I realized by checking
the instructions again that the ball graphics need to be in a new folder named PartyBall!
Now it works as smooth as silk, sorry for causing disturbance!
Have a good day/night!

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 26, 2017
I can't seem to find "@pokeballsprite.addBitmap("pokeballdesel","Graphics/Pictures/partyBall")
@pokeballsprite.addBitmap("pokeballsel","Graphics/Pictures/partyBallSel")"
in PScreen_Party in essentials version 17.2.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
I can't seem to find "@pokeballsprite.addBitmap("pokeballdesel","Graphics/Pictures/partyBall")
@pokeballsprite.addBitmap("pokeballsel","Graphics/Pictures/partyBallSel")"
in PScreen_Party in essentials version 17.2.

That's because v17 uses slightly different coding. Thanks for letting me know, I just updated the instructions and it should be compatible with Essentials 17 now.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 11, 2021
I tried out Venom12's little shortcut. It seems to work for the most part, but I'm having two issues.
Spoiler:

First of which is that the first and last Pokemon are using the old pictures for whatever reason, even though they logically shouldn't. I'm not sure why this is.
Spoiler:

Second issue is that when you switch around the positions of the Pokemon, the ball doesn't update.

UPDATE: So the first issue is occurring because these are Pokemon I received rather than caught, but it still doesn't explain why they're defaulting to the old sprites instead of the Pokeball.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Where is BEAST BALL?

I posted this before Gen 7 was even announced, I didn't include Beast Balls at the time. The only balls I included in the code were the balls that Essentials recognizes by default. It isn't hard to add the newer balls, or even custom balls though.

Last edited:
Years
I posted this before Gen 7 was even announced, I didn't include Beast Balls at the time. The only balls I included in the code were the balls that Essentials recognizes by default. It isn't hard to add the newer balls, or even custom balls though.

It's ok. I will add it myself. Keep the good work, credits will be given.

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
im usin Essentials 17v and i not found (usin ctrl f)
@ballsprite.addBitmap("desel","Graphics/Pictures/Party/icon_ball")
@ballsprite.addBitmap("sel","Graphics/Pictures/Party/icon_ball_sel")

:/

only this:
339 @pokeballsprite.addBitmap("pokeballdesel","Graphics/Pictures/partyBall")
340 @pokeballsprite.addBitmap("pokeballsel","Graphics/Pictures/partyBallSel")

Could be?

Ty ty!

Diverscope

Pardon me
Years
im usin Essentials 17v and i not found (usin ctrl f) [...]

Then you are obviously lying and not using v17, because the path you are referring to belongs to the Essentials versions prior to v17.

Solution: Update your game.

Anyway, it should still work. The lines you are referring are the correct ones, just the old ones.

Last edited:

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
Then you are obviously lying and not using v17, because the path you are referring to belongs to the Essentials versions prior to v17.

Solution: Update your game.

Anyway, it should still work. The lines you are referring are the correct ones, just the old ones.

Really Sorry, my mistakes! I was usin it but i did merge with old script.... im noob i know. im learnin huahuahau

Ty ty for your help :D

EDIT:

I Make them, in different sprite (Beast Ball too)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/cmgf8uxm3tsc87z/PartyBall.rar/file

Last edited:

Poq

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 28, 2021
I put together party selection icons for all the balls originally included with this script in the default Essentials style, and since it was a bit of a laborious process, I thought I would share them here for anyone who is interested.
Here's a screenshot of how these look:
9xdprhkux1obqq2zg.jpg

This is 100% compatible with the original script. The only difference is that you would place my image folder in Graphics/Pictures instead of the one from OP.

Download here.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 15, 2020
Spoiler:

Sorry, didn't realize that the graphics should go into it's own folder. My bad!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Where is the beast ball?
I did it, I'm not that good with color palettes, but I tried xD
enjoy!
edit: add some shadows and Dream Ball

Beast Ball:
Spoiler:

Dream Ball:
Spoiler: