• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Just a Mafia Game: No Two the Same [Day 6/Game Over]

NightKrow

staying up all night
Years

Just a Mafia Game
No Two The Same

This is Just a Mafia Game, a game of mafia without any of the frills of themes and flavour text, but with a quirk in the role list to make things that bit more fun. This time around*, everyone gets a unique role. Tired of signing up for a game you were really looking forward to playing because it had some cool roles, but then being dealt Vanilla Townie? (I know I am!) Then this is the game for you!
*I might turn this into a game series if people like this sort of thing. Think Lycan?s Mafia Madness, reincarnated and hosted by me. Also it's less pretty, because cba to spend any longer on the CSS.​

If you?re new to mafia, check out Gunner?s Guide to the Underground for the basic rules of Mafia. As this is a fairly simple game, all of these rules should apply here. If you have any questions about rules/role interactions etc., feel free to PM me (NightKrow) to clear things up.

The Roles
The number of roles included in the game will vary depending on how many players sign up. The final setup will be announced with the Night One phase post.

The Town
In order to win, the Town faction must eliminate all evil roles.

The Cop
During each night phase, the Cop chooses a player to investigate, learning their alignment (town, mafia, third party.)

The Dreamer
During each night phase, provided they are unvisited, the Dreamer dreams of three players, one of which is evil, or of one player who is innocent.

The Tracker
During each night phase, the Tracker chooses a player to follow, learning who they visit during the night.

The Doctor
During each night phase, the Doctor chooses a player to protect, preventing their death. The Doctor may self-heal once during the game.
NB: Just to be clear, I will allow the Doctor to heal the same person consecutively this time around. probably made the wrong call last time in OW mafia but hey, at least my main won.

The Jailor
During each night phase, the Jailor chooses a player to detain, roleblocking them but also protecting them from all other night actions. Other players will know if their actions failed because their target was detained.

The Vigilante
During each night phase, the Vigilante chooses a player to kill.

The Veteran
Three times per game, during the night phase, the Veteran can choose to go on alert. When alerting, the Veteran kills anyone who visits them.
NB: The Veteran?s kill takes priority over other kills, so the Veteran cannot be killed while on alert.

The Bomb
When the Bomb is killed during the night phase or by a gun during the day phase, their attacker is also killed. If the Bomb is lynched or killed by their own sabotaged/fabricated gun, they do not take anyone else down with them.

The Loudmouth
At the start of each Day Phase, the Loudmouth publicly announces the names of all players who visited them during the night. Cannot be silenced.

The Oracle
During each night phase, the Oracle chooses a player. When the Oracle dies, the role of the last person chosen is publicly revealed.

The Lightkeeper (sort of)
During the next day phase after the Lightkeeper is killed, all voting is anonymous.

The Transporter
During each night phase, the Transporter chooses two targets. They swap places, so that everyone who visits the first target visits the second target instead and vice versa.
NB: It is possible for the Transporter to make the mafia attack themselves by predicting who the mafia are going to attack and switching them with a mafia member. This includes the mafia member who is carrying out the kill.

The Mayor
The Mayor?s votes count as two. At any point during the game, the Mayor may publicly reveal themselves.

The Mafia
In order to win, the Mafia faction must gain majority over the Town faction.

The Godfather
The Godfather appears as innocent in Cop and Dreamer reports. They are the one to carry out the mafia kill. Without the Godfather, one of the other mafia members must carry out the kill instead. The mafia chooses who does this each night.

The Hooker
During each night phase, the Hooker chooses a target to roleblock.
NB: Cannot block a Veteran from alerting - visiting an alerting Veteran results in the Hooker?s death.

The Silencer
During each night phase, chooses a target to silence. They cannot talk or vote during the next day phase.

The Janitor
Two times during the game, during the night phase, the Janitor can choose to clean the target of the mafia kill. The role of a cleaned target is not revealed at the start of a day phase - only the Janitor will know the target's role.

Third Party Roles
The Third Party Roles have their own win conditions separate from the Town and Mafia.

The Cultist
During each night phase, the Cultist visits another player and converts them to their Cult. All cult members share a chat. People who are recruited by the cult will no longer be able to use their old roles, and will no longer appear as their old role upon death, instead appearing as a Cult Member. If the Cultist is killed, all members of the cult die alongside them. The Cultist and all of their members win when they outnumber all other factions.

The Serial Killer
During each night phase, the Serial Killer chooses another player to kill. Wins when they are the last man standing, or are one of the final two.​

The Rules

Day phases will last 48 hours and night phases will last 24 hours unless stated otherwise.
Once you are dead, you may have one deathpost, then please stay dead! No revealing game-related information in your deathposts.
Votes should be formatted as [Vote] Name. Feel free to replace the word vote with other words (e.g. ?lynch,? ?kill,? ?annihilate,? whatever takes your fancy,) but please bold your vote, or it may not be counted!
You may vote to abstain.
Failing to vote during the day for 2 days in a row will get you replaced (unless the Silencer is to blame!) If a replacement cannot be found, you?ll be killed instead.
No posting at night, or you?ll be annihilated!
No talking about this game outside of this game thread (and the Mafia Discord chat) until the game is over.
You may share the information contained within your role PM with others in this game thread, but do not copy and paste or screenshot your role PM.
PM me (NightKrow) or Discord DM me (NightKrow#5963) your night actions. Also let me know if you are abstaining from using your action.
Lastly, have fun!

The Players
Pecilia
Abby
SirDolan
Bardothren
Kiyotaka Ishimaru
Earth Traveler
Swiftie
BidoofFTW
purplecicada
gimmepie
Sparkin
L'Belle
Mr. James
Home
Kitty
Miah
Ash
Ida13
KNS27

Last edited:

NightKrow

staying up all night
Years
All added so far!
This game seems incredibly townsided

in

Might swap out Mayor or one of the investigative roles for another mafia role. Maybe something like Illusionist, Janitor or Poisoner...
In :)
Btw, it's Jailer

SJ_sIpvbRweFVV8oMSVjPQ.png

bruh

NightKrow

staying up all night
Years
maybe yakuza and/or cult would be fun >:)
idk it's looking like I might have to cut a lot of roles anyway, was hoping for at least 16 players :(

NightKrow

staying up all night
Years
Added, added and added!
Also, I swapped out the 3rd party roles for some more fun ones, hope you like them!

The setup I had originally planned for 16 players was Cop, Doc, Vig, Loudmouth, Oracle, Dreamer, Jailor, Vet, LK, Tracker, Bomb, Trans, Mayor / GF, Hooker, Silencer / Lyncher (now Cultist). Because the town has a lot of power, if I can get 2 more players, I'll add SK and Janitor to that list (since Fab doesn't make sense without GS/BS)

Back