The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games Games Showcase
Released [NEW: EPISODE 3]Pokemon Postscriptum: Fated Epistle

Games Showcase This forum is for non-ROM hacked games created by the community. Browse the collection or post your own!

Old February 6th, 2018 (4:16 AM).
DeliveryBoy

Nature: Relaxed
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hawkeye17 View Post
    Thanks brother will try. By the way i love the game especially the setting of the city and the amount of NPC. GREAT WORK👍
    Thank you for your kind words. There's still a HUGE amount of things to fix! We're getting there, though!
    Just don't expect too much from this game... it's really, really strange. ;)
    Old February 6th, 2018 (5:17 AM).
    ??? Pokemon

Nature: Quiet
      Alright, so.
      After finally figuring out what I was supposed to be doing, (thank you for the nudge btw) I've been making nice progress; I'm all the way to the southeast part of the city, even. The first time you enter the city, it's kind of nuts confusing, and I guess from a story standpoint that actually makes a lot of sense - the character has never been there before, and clearly the citizens don't care much, combined with the MC's insinuated lack of paying attention (even if he tries to) it's no wonder we don't get much to go on in terms of locations.
      I do have some questions though - one; is it actually possible to get the Thief TM from that one apartment guy who supposedly has it, or is that just teasing? Two, is the 'sad pidgey' on route 0 just there for flavor, or is there a purpose? Third; does your starter evolve through some special means (specific location, hold item, stone, friendship, hell - scripted game event) or is it just levels?
      And finally, is your money count supposed to stay at zero even after you're told to have gotten money? Because technically right now I should have 3 pokedollars, yet my card still sits at zero.

Also - I'm sure I've seen tons of spriting errors in terms of where you can walk (collision detection, I think) but it's not bothersome. I'd list them but then this post would go on for ages, and visually they can't really be noticed until you walk into them. I think it's just the way you seem to have coded collision detection most of the time, though.
      I've also seen some typos here and there. The one I actively recall right now is that the pokemon healer lady in the courier center calls it a 'healing conrer'. Correct letters, wrong positions. Not gonna lie though in that I've done that myself when writing things; fingers moving too fast to put the letters in the right place.

That said, Once you get past your own frustration at how different this fangame is compared to the normal, it's quite fun. Definitely not for people who like it easy though, hoo boy. You DEFINITELY need to go into this ready to strategise. Either that or sit your butt in the University for days on end until you're massively overleveled - I'm sure at least one person has the patience to wait until their mons are all maxed out. Sorry for the longish post, though.After getting so angry my first time in I feel obligated to give it a sort of re-review. Not used to games like this one, whoops.
      Old February 6th, 2018 (5:46 AM). Edited February 6th, 2018 by AenaonDusky.
      DeliveryBoy

Quote:
        Originally Posted by shinymissingno View Post
        Alright, so.
        After finally figuring out what I was supposed to be doing, (thank you for the nudge btw) I've been making nice progress; I'm all the way to the southeast part of the city, even. The first time you enter the city, it's kind of nuts confusing, and I guess from a story standpoint that actually makes a lot of sense - the character has never been there before, and clearly the citizens don't care much, combined with the MC's insinuated lack of paying attention (even if he tries to) it's no wonder we don't get much to go on in terms of locations.
        I do have some questions though - one; is it actually possible to get the Thief TM from that one apartment guy who supposedly has it, or is that just teasing? Two, is the 'sad pidgey' on route 0 just there for flavor, or is there a purpose? Third; does your starter evolve through some special means (specific location, hold item, stone, friendship, hell - scripted game event) or is it just levels?
        And finally, is your money count supposed to stay at zero even after you're told to have gotten money? Because technically right now I should have 3 pokedollars, yet my card still sits at zero.

Also - I'm sure I've seen tons of spriting errors in terms of where you can walk (collision detection, I think) but it's not bothersome. I'd list them but then this post would go on for ages, and visually they can't really be noticed until you walk into them. I think it's just the way you seem to have coded collision detection most of the time, though.
        I've also seen some typos here and there. The one I actively recall right now is that the pokemon healer lady in the courier center calls it a 'healing conrer'. Correct letters, wrong positions. Not gonna lie though in that I've done that myself when writing things; fingers moving too fast to put the letters in the right place.

That said, Once you get past your own frustration at how different this fangame is compared to the normal, it's quite fun. Definitely not for people who like it easy though, hoo boy. You DEFINITELY need to go into this ready to strategise. Either that or sit your butt in the University for days on end until you're massively overleveled - I'm sure at least one person has the patience to wait until their mons are all maxed out. Sorry for the longish post, though.After getting so angry my first time in I feel obligated to give it a sort of re-review. Not used to games like this one, whoops.
        Thank you immensely for your feedback.

First of all, all the typos and tile errors are constantly being fixed, so don't worry about reporting those.
        In the newer version, those you mentioned here have been already fixed. There's still a TON, and we're
        really sorry about that.

Your first priority is doing your job, right? You shouldn't worry about random TMs,
        items, or even Pokemon... *cough*. All of these, in case they are not right now, will be made
        available - but you still shouldn't worry about them. That's the only thing I'm allowed to say.

I like your choice of words: strategize, yes. This is not simulating a competitive environment where
        you've got a set of a-priori choices, team builds etc. You have to make do with what your have,
        use your limitations to fight, and emerge victorious through different approaches.
        This is not gonna be the case throughout, though, you'll see.

Of course, they were never going to reward you with real money. You just fell for it.
        Mortimer - has fake money. Your boss keeps the money for himself. You're left with nothing, congrats.
        One of the reasons for the inexistence of a level cap, is exactly this. If you're the kind of player who wishes to grind like there is no tomorrow, you will be (somewhat) rewarded but at the cost of investing time you don't need to in the game. Do you like doing such a thing? It is but a game, after all.

Don't worry about the starter. Keep on moving.
        Feel free to share your thoughts again!
        The bigger picture is easier to grasp after you're done with the entire demo, though.
        Anyway, it's your choice - play the entirety first or report your thoughts during progress. Thank you for investing your time into the game.
        Old February 6th, 2018 (12:49 PM).
        ??? Pokemon

Nature: Quiet
          Heyyy it's me again. Sorry for posting so much. Just wanted to say that I reached the end of the demo, and I'm excited to play the next one, once it's done. This games starts a bit slow, but once it starts going, whoa. This is one heck of a story you've got going on in the background. NGL I was genuinely upset when it told me I'd hit the end of the demo. Everything was starting to get super interesting, and when I got back into Artemisia, MAN.

Spoiler:
          Also, I believe Goodra was referenced in the town you have to go to in order to get to Johto, I was wondering if he's something you can actually catch/find. Plus a few other secret-looking areas that I never managed to reach, all over the place. The ruins in R1, a house in R0 on top of a rock, a Gulpin in South Artemisia, lots of neat things I never found my way to, if it's possible at all.

That said, despite initial frustrations, I truly am glad I gave this game a second go. It's different, and a bit merciless at the start since most other games are pretty linear in terms of navigation, and you're sort of railroaded into what pokemon you can have (although you've done a fantastic job making sure the pokemon you CAN get are varying in types; good job~) - but once the story starts kicking in, it's definitely worth sticking around for. I'd love to pick this game back up again once it's done~

That end-of-demo cliffhanger though, UGH. SO CRUEL. I love it though~
          Old February 6th, 2018 (1:00 PM). Edited February 6th, 2018 by AenaonDusky.
          DeliveryBoy

Quote:
            Originally Posted by shinymissingno View Post
            Heyyy it's me again. Sorry for posting so much. Just wanted to say that I reached the end of the demo, and I'm excited to play the next one, once it's done. This games starts a bit slow, but once it starts going, whoa. This is one heck of a story you've got going on in the background. NGL I was genuinely upset when it told me I'd hit the end of the demo. Everything was starting to get super interesting, and when I got back into Artemisia, MAN.

Spoiler:
            Also, I believe Goodra was referenced in the town you have to go to in order to get to Johto, I was wondering if he's something you can actually catch/find. Plus a few other secret-looking areas that I never managed to reach, all over the place. The ruins in R1, a house in R0 on top of a rock, a Gulpin in South Artemisia, lots of neat things I never found my way to, if it's possible at all.

That said, despite initial frustrations, I truly am glad I gave this game a second go. It's different, and a bit merciless at the start since most other games are pretty linear in terms of navigation, and you're sort of railroaded into what pokemon you can have (although you've done a fantastic job making sure the pokemon you CAN get are varying in types; good job~) - but once the story starts kicking in, it's definitely worth sticking around for. I'd love to pick this game back up again once it's done~

That end-of-demo cliffhanger though, UGH. SO CRUEL. I love it though~
            Hey, no need to apologize at all! Glad that you played the game and put all this thought and time on it!
            We're the ones that thank you, and apologize for the design choices - but I'm sure by now you can sympathize with us :D

Spoiler:
            Now that you're done, we can discuss some other deliberate choices too - I'm sure you can now understand why exactly it demands that much investment first; because, as in real life, good things come when one persists. And this is a major hurdle for the MC. This might be the first ever decision he took in his life. This actually comprises an aspect of the game that is kinda spoilery to discuss right now, but I'm sure you're getting the gist of it.

Also,
            Spoiler:
            Even the emptiness of the Routes, has a reason. Even the linearity of the City (begins semi-open, is clearly linear as you progress) symbolizes both the player's and the MCs familiarization with the
            place.

Spoiler:
            The things that you probably missed are not that miss-able. They were to be implemented once, but we thought that they would better serve as distractions, rather than genuine rewards. Because... you've got a job to do, sheesh!

By the end of the week we'll probably have a discord set up, in case you're interested.
            Also, this is not gonna be huge in terms of episode count: 6 Max, and we're aiming to hit
            the ultimate deadline (all episodes) by mid-summer. If all goes well, releases will be monthly.

Thanks for playing and blessings to you.

EDIT: Wanna play a game? Can you find some thematic symbolisms? for instance:
            Spoiler:
            Your starter is an Ice type. The second type you naturally get evolves into a fire type, right after the MC finds a reason to push forward.
            Sylvia fights you with a Pokemon that only knows flatter and attract... While you answer with an Ice type, thematically. How cold of you, huh?
            Can you find other such things? You don't even KNOW what is coming...
            Old February 8th, 2018 (6:10 PM).
            The Dragon Tamer

Nature: Bashful
              Hey sorry to disturb you again but i am stuck again this time after again returning to artmesia city when its raining and almost no one is there where should I go or what should i do to continue forward.
              Old February 8th, 2018 (6:30 PM). Edited February 8th, 2018 by AenaonDusky.
              DeliveryBoy

Quote:
                Hey sorry to disturb you again but i am stuck again this time after again returning to artmesia city when its raining and almost no one is there where should I go or what should i do to continue forward.

Hey! Please don't apologize that's why we're here xD
                Speak to 3 people. The granny, and then the lady north.
                After that go to the eastern side, climb the stairs. Dialogue will be initiated.
                Then enter the Courier Branch.
                Old February 9th, 2018 (12:37 AM).
                The Dragon Tamer

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by AenaonDusky View Post
                  Hey! Please don't apologize that's why we're here xD
                  Speak to 3 people. The granny, and then the lady north.
                  After that go to the eastern side, climb the stairs. Dialogue will be initiated.
                  Then enter the Courier Branch.
                  Thanks
                  Old February 10th, 2018 (7:22 PM).
                  The Dragon Tamer

Now that I have finished the game. I would like to tell you that i loved it. The game is amazing. Only problem was that at times dialogue are too long. I am eager for the release of new update,hope it's soon.
                    Old February 11th, 2018 (4:24 PM). Edited February 15th, 2018 by AenaonDusky.
                    DeliveryBoy

Quote:
                      Now that I have finished the game. I would like to tell you that i loved it. The game is amazing. Only problem was that at times dialogue are too long. I am eager for the release of new update,hope it's soon.
                      Thank you very much for your kind words.

Indeed, the text can be extremely long in some cases.

This is going to get better as the game progresses. At this point in the game, the protagonist sees all kinds of new interactions as if they are long-winded, sometimes boring, sometimes too hard for him,
                      and some times as a chore. When the MC is in a situation where he has to deal with both his perception of things and the resulting uneasiness that accompanies his adventures, things start to slow down even more.

It is quite difficult for us to portray that in a "balanced" way. Sorry for the inconvenience.
                      The next episode will hopefully be released next month.

EDIT: Major bug fixed, big amount of tile errors and typos fixed too. Please update.
                      Also, a Discord for those interested in carrying out meaningless tasks for inconsiderate bosses. Check OP.
                      Old April 1st, 2018 (6:03 PM).

Hey, does anyone know if there's some sort of guide or something for this game? I'm completely lost :confused:
                        Old April 3rd, 2018 (7:20 AM).
                        DeliveryBoy

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by grayruby View Post
                          Hey, does anyone know if there's some sort of guide or something for this game? I'm completely lost :confused:
                          Hey, sorry for the late reply!

I'll put a super-short guide here:

Spoiler:

=============
                          Arriving
                          ===========
                          1) Leave port, Go to the Courier Branch (a red crappily sprited building) (area: City Market)
                          2) Talk to the Boss there, then to Flint, then to the Boss again
                          3) Obtain your Courier ID from the right-most counter in the Branch
                          4) Leave the building, head north
                          5) After arriving at that part of the city (called Western Artemisia) go westwards
                          6) Obtain starter, enter a house in that route
                          7) Talk to man, interact with briefcase in that house
                          8) Re-enter Artemisia, talk to officer outside University, talk to gangster to the southeast of the officer
                          9) Go south to the City Market area with the Courier building
                          10) Enter building talk to Boss, then to Mission Lady (next to the counters)
                          11) Finish your side-missions
                          12) Now talk to 3 people in particular order, those are all in City Market area:
                          a] To someone located in the southeastern part of the town, a guy in green, directly below
                          the fenced homeless area (says something about freedom)
                          b] To a guy directly south from the Worker's Residences which are located to the northernmost part,
                          he is inbetween two buildings (says something about the color of sound etc, maybe ice-cream?)
                          c] To a guy above those same residences, a police officer (you tell him about shrimps and protein)
                          d] from the place where you talk to that officer, to the first apartment that can be entered to your left,
                          there is a guy. That guy is located to the leftmost part of that apartment, in the room to the south)
                          Here is a pic
                          13) Enter the new area through the manhole
                          14) Talk to important figure there
                          15) Now, the two prerequisites (one university mission, and talking to that important figure) are met
                          and you can go to the other parts of the city, to the east.
                          16) From that point onward, it is much more linear, with your aim being to deliver the smelly
                          package to a certain someone, after you go through two other parts of the City.

In case you get stuck later, please ask the great folks over at discord.
                          Old April 11th, 2018 (9:06 AM). Edited April 11th, 2018 by Jibbery.

I need help. I finished the university mission and the gang mission and now I am lost.
                            How do you get to the cyan bridge :(?
                            nvm! I found out that you need to speak to people in an order to get to the underground !
                            Old April 11th, 2018 (12:39 PM).
                            The Psycho Pokemon

Nature: Jolly
                              How has development been doing in the last few months? Any news?
                              Old April 11th, 2018 (3:18 PM). Edited April 12th, 2018 by AenaonDusky.
                              DeliveryBoy

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by looneyman1 View Post
                                How has development been doing in the last few months? Any news?
                                You might wanna check the download link :D

===========================================================
                                Episode 3 is out.

What you need to know:
                                - There is a Quicksave key, press D, and you'll see an indication on the top left corner of the screen. (Credits: Marin)
                                - The Fast Forward key is now ALT. It can be toggled on or off. Please do not press ALT in the Title/Continue screens.
                                - Added a Version Check. Be sure to check for a new version each time you start the game up. (Credits: Elyssia aka R3zonance)
                                - An indescribable amount of bugs has been fixed. Huge thanks to all that have contributed!

Also, in case you ever stumble upon some... "columns":
                                Spoiler:
                                The word you need to input cannot be deduced using in-game knowledge.
                                It is "truth" in "Michinian" ;)
                                Old April 12th, 2018 (11:47 PM).
                                The Dragon Tamer

Was eagerly waiting for the game and now it's out. Thanks for the quick release.
                                  Old April 13th, 2018 (5:34 AM).
                                  DeliveryBoy

Quote:
                                    Was eagerly waiting for the game and now it's out. Thanks for the quick release.
                                    You're welcome. We'll be waiting for your review!
                                    Have fun!
                                    Old April 13th, 2018 (8:30 PM).
                                    The Dragon Tamer

Quote:
                                      Would really love to but my damn mouse is not working would have fo buy new one. Replying using Mobile.
                                      Old April 14th, 2018 (2:27 AM).
                                      DeliveryBoy

Quote:
                                        Would really love to but my damn mouse is not working would have fo buy new one. Replying using Mobile.
                                        Don't worry about it man!
                                        Old April 14th, 2018 (11:01 AM).
                                        The Psycho Pokemon

i started a new game for the new demo and I forgot where the heck I take the moomoo milk........
                                          Old April 14th, 2018 (11:10 AM). Edited April 14th, 2018 by AenaonDusky.
                                          DeliveryBoy

Quote:
                                            i started a new game for the new demo and I forgot where the heck I take the moomoo milk........
                                            You mean where do you take the milk to? The guy is located in South Artemisia, he's behind the bootleg "Post Office", he's dressed as a worker, and is next to some road obstacles.

Also
                                            Spoiler:
                                            note that you don't actually receive any rewards for this.
                                            Old April 14th, 2018 (2:04 PM). Edited April 14th, 2018 by JoStarNight.

Nature: Lonely
                                              I've finished episode 3 and I thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it; from the dialogue, to the story progression and the world building. As for the coding, there wasn't even one bug, practically spotless.

Once again, a fantastic job well done to you and your team, AenaonDusky.
                                              Old April 15th, 2018 (6:25 AM).
                                              AenaonDusky AenaonDusky is offline
                                              DeliveryBoy

Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by JoStarNight View Post
                                                I've finished episode 3 and I thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it; from the dialogue, to the story progression and the world building. As for the coding, there wasn't even one bug, practically spotless.

Once again, a fantastic job well done to you and your team, AenaonDusky.
                                                Thank you very much, JoStar!

All credit for this "solid" version belongs to the Testing Team, as well as ep3's Bughunters, both of which have done a fantastic (and tiring) job at solving a myriad of problems and bugs. Earlier episode problems are now fixed as well.

Thanks again for your support!
                                                Old April 15th, 2018 (11:44 AM). Edited April 15th, 2018 by looneyman1.
                                                looneyman1 looneyman1 is offline
                                                The Psycho Pokemon

just curious, is the rattata you spot on the docks in the harbor obtainable? It would make sense due to being the first pokemon you encounter, and it fleeing from being seen is logical too given
                                                  Spoiler:
                                                  the villains' hate of anything not in OU.

It would be nice if it is since Raticate is fairly strong where it counts. Immunity to ghost and it likewise learns Crunch to keep ghosts in check. Plus it can get Zen Headbutt from a move tutor in the main games which I've had a raticate oneshot a machamp in the battle frontier in platinum once.
                                                  Old April 15th, 2018 (1:17 PM).
                                                  AenaonDusky AenaonDusky is offline
                                                  DeliveryBoy

Quote:
                                                    just curious, is the rattata you spot on the docks in the harbor obtainable? It would make sense due to being the first pokemon you encounter, and it fleeing from being seen is logical too given
                                                    Spoiler:
                                                    the villains' hate of anything not in OU.

It would be nice if it is since Raticate is fairly strong where it counts. Immunity to ghost and it likewise learns Crunch to keep ghosts in check. Plus it can get Zen Headbutt from a move tutor in the main games which I've had a raticate oneshot a machamp in the battle frontier in platinum once.
                                                    Yes that's a nice suggestion, it does have the PS style going for it.
                                                    The thing is, at this early stage, we want to limit obtainable mons.
                                                    A Ratata does suit the next segment of the game(after ep3), so next ep has a high likelihood of it appearing ;)

Quick Reply