The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games Games Showcase
Released Pokémon Jade

Games Showcase This forum is for non-ROM hacked games created by the community. Browse the collection or post your own!

Old May 28th, 2018 (9:37 PM). Edited August 6th, 2018 by Pepperton.
ilysb

Created With: RPG Maker XP, using the Pokemon Essentials engine

Team

• Pepperton - Coding, spriting, game design, mapping
  • rpgfaker - Coding, spriting, game design

Introduction

Hi everyone! My brother and I have been working on this game for a couple of months now and I'd like to begin to share our progress publicly leading up to a release. I've dipped my toe into the waters of Pokemon fangame development a couple times in my life but I've never really done work I'm proud of, until this project. I set out to make a Pokemon game that is something I myself would enjoy playing - a game rich with interesting and unique fakemon, traditional Pokemon mechanics, and a compelling story that drives the gameplay. This is about as close as I've gotten, and I hope you guys like what we have to offer you.

Story

Team Wild is a team of rebel bandits who mainly scourge around Goldwhite Desert in the eastern bounds of Ario. They’re constantly searching for something but it’s not easy to know what. The player is slowly made aware of Team Wild’s ultimate plan, and what they’re searching for.

It seems that deep in the ruins of Goldwhite Desert lies an extremely powerful and mysterious legendary Pokemon. However, the only way to encounter this Pokemon is by using a key that is hidden somewhere in the mystery of Ario, and there are several riddles scattered throughout the region that, if solved and pieced together, lead one to the key needed to unleash this beast.

Team Wild’s leader wants to capture this legendary Pokemon because it has the amazing ability to wipe the memory of entire populations. The leader wants to use this power to clean the Pokemon world’s memory of how Pokemon ought to be treated and afterwards create a new society in which Pokemon are seen as currency, and slaves of sorts. He’ll be able to put himself at the top of the ladder in this new society as the owner of the most rare and unique Pokemon in all of Ario, the legendary Pokemon, therefore become the unrivaled dictator of Ario. It’s up to you to stop Team Wild from realizing this terrifying reality!

Features

• 100+ New Pokemon - The Ario Region is inhabited only by Pokemon native to its land, based off the beautiful Australia. In this tropical region you'll find tons of new faces to bond with! The number is subject to change, could be more or less.
  • 8 Gyms, Elite Four and a Champion - This game follows the traditional system, but don't fret, each gym leader will come with interesting puzzles and challenges galore!
  • Completely Original Region - Ario is like no other region in the original Pokemon games. It features multiple climates and atmospheres that'll keep gameplay feeling fresh.
  • Custom UI - Several gameplay mechanics will be revamped to have new, custom UI.
  • Pokemon Contests - This has not been implemented yet but the plan is to bring back Pokemon Contests with new and improved features that more closely resemble the anime.
  • And much more! - The game has been in development for roughly six months to this point, and a lot is still to be laid out, so expect this list to grow much more as time goes on!

Fakemon

I'd like to keep a good majority of the new Pokemon in this game to ourselves prior to the first beta, however there are some key critters that you'll be encountering that I think are worthy of showcasing now. To be more exact, the starters!

Marleaf, Chardillo, Salave

Who will you choose?

Spreadsheet containing information about all Pokemon in Beta v1.0:
Click here

NOTE: A Pokedex of all currently designed and sprited Fakemon will become available soon. All Fakemon will be subject to change and not final.

Screenshots

Progress

Currently: Working on content up to fourth gym.
Planned progress to include in second beta: Six gyms.
Percent completed to second beta:
  • Mapping - 10%
  • Coding - 10%
  • Spriting - 20%
  • Design - 60%
Planned release: Not sure.

Downloads

• Beta v1.0 - Updated July 28, 2018

Link: Click here
    Length: Three gyms
    Notes:
    Spoiler:
    Last updated 7/24/2018.

PATCH NOTES FROM v1.0:
    -Fixed random transport tile in Bancerra Town
    -Fixed issue with exit to Melbourne City Gym
    -Fixed events lagging when random NPCs get in the way
    -Fixed the Intro naming icon when you choose female to be a male
    -Fixed various Pokedex entry cut offs and typos

-Build ends after you defeat the 3rd gym OR after you defeat Axel outside the Pokemon Whisperer’s house, depending on which order you decided to do them in.
    -Content is about ~3.5-4 hrs of game-play according to early estimates.
    -55 new Pokemon, 43 of them obtainable in this build

Known Glitches:
    -If you make a New Game while in the “Large” window option, the introduction’s graphics will have an odd error where 75% of the screen is black.
    -Similarly, if a Pokemon gets poisoned while in the “Large” window option, the flashing red while the player moves to indicate your poisoned Pokemon is losing health experiences this same resizing error.
    -If you give a Pokemon a Rare Candy to make them evolve, their level will glitch and revert to a lower level than it should be. This doesn’t seem to happen when you give a Pokemon a Rare Candy normally. (So far it seems like this only happens with Mipep)

Misc. Notes:
    -Some catchable Pokemon in this build don’t have their evolutions included in the game at this time. For example, Pokemon X may have an evolution at LV40, but since we don’t expect someone to naturally get their Pokemon to that level, we haven’t sprited and implemented the evolution yet.
    -Many items are unattainable in this build.
    -Surfing regions that would normally be explorable once achieving the third gym badge are closed off in this beta because they haven’t been designed yet.

Please take the time to fill out this survey after playing through the game, it will help a lot with improving the game in the future:
    https://goo.gl/forms/H8ZqsfblzozhOmGY2

Archive of Downloads:
Spoiler:
  • Beta v1.0 - Released July 8, 2018

Credits

• rpgfaker - Lots of sprite/artwork, game design, ideation, concepts, help with coding
  • Maruno, poccil, Flameguru - Pokemon Essentials engine
  • Apple Juice - Several Pokemon concepts
  • Magiscarf - Tiles, pokemon trainer base templates, VS sprites
  • Newtiteuf - OW base template
  • Killerkitty4 - Female trainer backsprite template
  • PurpleZaffre - Pokemon Breeder OW sprites
  • princess-phoenix - Various tiles
  • WesleyFG - Various tiles
  • LotusKing - Various tiles
  • chaoticcherrycake - Various tiles
  • Ultimo-Spriter-D - Various tiles
  • PeekyChew - Various tiles
  • Moontik - Various tiles
  • Momokahimari - Trainer front sprite base templates
  • Thexicer - Trainer front sprite base templates
  • PkmnAlexandrite - Day-Care house tile
  • Kyle-Dove - Various tiles
  • donlawride - Various tiles
  • clara-wah - Various tiles
  • zetavares852 - Various tiles
  • ThatsSoWitty - Various tiles
  • Alculus - Various tiles
  • Zeo-254 - Various tiles
  • TyranitarDark - Various tiles
  • Evolina - Various tiles
  • Phyromatical - Various tiles
  • spaceemotion - Various tiles
  • speeddialga - Various tiles
  • Pokemon-Diamond - Various tiles
  • Kizamaru-Kurunosuke - Various tiles
  • Epic-Day - Various tiles
  • Thurpok - Various tiles
  • Dewitty - Various tiles
  • Minorthreat0897 - Various tiles
  • Heavy-Metal-Lover - Various tiles
  • kaitoooo - Various tiles
  • CrimsonTakai - Various tiles
  • BoomxBig - Various tiles
  • Kaliser - Various tiles
  • The-Red-eX - Various tiles
  • This list of artists - Various tiles
  • This list of artists - Various tiles

Old May 29th, 2018 (10:12 PM).
Any test give me xd

Nature: Quiet
    wow!
    those screenies are awesome
    looking forward to this
    Old May 30th, 2018 (1:41 PM).
    MasterBall Abuser

Nature: Bashful
      This looks like it's going straight to the fan game hall of fame(if it gets completed).

Old May 31st, 2018 (1:51 AM).

Pepperton! Good to see you back! Looks like you and your brother are off to a great start. I like the Aussie inspiration, would love to learn more about your starters! :)
      Old May 31st, 2018 (10:00 PM). Edited May 31st, 2018 by Pepperton.
      ilysb

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Linkinglinkingking View Post
      wow!
      those screenies are awesome
      looking forward to this
      I appreciate it, Linkinglinkingking! :]

Quote:
      Originally Posted by PokeTwerp View Post
      This looks like it's going straight to the fan game hall of fame(if it gets completed).
      That's high praise. Thanks so much PokeTwerp :]

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Mana View Post
      Pepperton! Good to see you back! Looks like you and your brother are off to a great start. I like the Aussie inspiration, would love to learn more about your starters! :)
      Thanks, Mana! Good to be back. I appreciate the kind words. I think Australia's awesome, I really want to visit it someday. Thought it'd be fun to base a region off of it.

Anyway, I want to keep most of the fakemon secret prior to the first beta, but Mana brings up a good point, the starters are a pretty integral component to the game. So, here are your options for a first companion in Ario!

Marleaf, Chardillo, Salave
      sprites by me

Also I thought I'd throw in an update because I've been working pretty hard on actual gameplay progression this week, so to this point we've now got the game roughly working up to the first gym! Here are some screens of your first gym encounter, taking on the young but ferocious Flo.

VS sprites and Flo front sprite by rpgfaker

Can you take down her ace grass Pokemon?

I'll put some of this in the OP as well for consistency's sake, and update the numbers in the Progress section. That's all for now. Cheers!
      Old June 1st, 2018 (5:50 PM).

Nature: Naive
        This looks excellent! Keep the great work up, I love the concept of a completely new variety of pokemon.
        Old June 6th, 2018 (11:19 AM). Edited June 6th, 2018 by Pepperton.
        ilysb

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Disturbo View Post
        This looks excellent! Keep the great work up, I love the concept of a completely new variety of pokemon.
        Thank you! Glad you think so. :]

Small update this time, been working on art for new Pokemon / maps after the first gym. Steady progress is being made.

zidna and marleaf sprites by me

As I do, I'll update the OP's progress section, as well as adding these new screenshots. Also, as we get closer to the amount of gameplay available in the game that I set out for the first beta, I felt it necessary to add a estimated release time period so you guys have somewhat of an idea when to expect it. Currently it's a very rough estimate but we hopefully plan to put something out by Mid to late July. This isn't a promise at all but rather a goal that'll be strengthened by making it public, haha. More motivation to actually pull through on it.

Let us know what you think!
        Old June 7th, 2018 (8:11 AM).
        I'm back ...

Nature: Sassy
          Visually looks good, some of your background stuff feels a little weak in spots or not really hitting it for me. Im not super sold on Team Wild's plan, making everyone believe Pokemon are currency/slaves to get power angle is kinda meh. If the legendary can wipe a populations minds, couldn't the team be more focused on convincing the population that the leader was in charge instead?
          For example, they spend the game setting up statues and posters, planting fake in-game media, propaganda, removing anything that outlines who is in charge etc. so that when the mind wipe happens, people see all the team propaganda and they believe what the team/leader is saying to be true. It means you potentially have them working in the background as most people would just ignore the villainous team considering what their doing at face value is meaningless. Would be a lot more fun to have that sense of discovery at the end as a player.

Side note (and a personal enquiry I suppose), is their a town/city based off of Adelaide? Or are you going to be the second Aus inspired game to ignore my home city haha. Looking at your map, it looks very loosely based on Aus but thought I would check anyway.
          Old June 7th, 2018 (11:15 PM).

Nature: Bold
            Woah this looks fairly impressive.Will be looking forward to the Beta

Support Pokémon FireRed Rocket Edition

Old June 18th, 2018 (5:06 PM).
            ilysb

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Ultimo Spriter View Post
            Visually looks good, some of your background stuff feels a little weak in spots or not really hitting it for me. Im not super sold on Team Wild's plan, making everyone believe Pokemon are currency/slaves to get power angle is kinda meh. If the legendary can wipe a populations minds, couldn't the team be more focused on convincing the population that the leader was in charge instead?
            For example, they spend the game setting up statues and posters, planting fake in-game media, propaganda, removing anything that outlines who is in charge etc. so that when the mind wipe happens, people see all the team propaganda and they believe what the team/leader is saying to be true. It means you potentially have them working in the background as most people would just ignore the villainous team considering what their doing at face value is meaningless. Would be a lot more fun to have that sense of discovery at the end as a player.

Side note (and a personal enquiry I suppose), is their a town/city based off of Adelaide? Or are you going to be the second Aus inspired game to ignore my home city haha. Looking at your map, it looks very loosely based on Aus but thought I would check anyway.
            Thanks for your input! I have to say, I didn't put too much effort into the plot write-up. I'll eventually take some time to clarify some of the points you brought up. Also, the region is pretty loosely based off of Australia.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Earthbadger View Post
            Woah this looks fairly impressive.Will be looking forward to the Beta
            Thank you Earthbadger!

Decently large update for you guys as my brother and I have been hard at work trying to churn out a beta within the next few short weeks. We've actually pushed the gameplay up to two gyms and about ~2/2.5 hours of gameplay! Here are some screenshots of the cool new events that take place in Melbourne City, as well as the statute gym leader duo of Matt and Kim, who wield the Steel type.

trainer sprites by rpgfaker. please ignore the name of the trainer we were joking around haha

The credits list has become a bit outdated, so I shall get to updating that as well as updating the OP with these new screenshots and new estimates on progress toward a beta. Leave us some thoughts if you so choose!

Enjoy. :]
            Old June 19th, 2018 (7:44 AM).

Beautiful!
              Old June 19th, 2018 (8:51 AM).

Looking forward to a release for this game.
                Old June 25th, 2018 (9:56 AM).
                ilysb

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Ai.Cy View Post
                Beautiful!
                Thank you!

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Juno and Ice View Post
                Looking forward to a release for this game.
                I'm glad to hear that. :]

We're continuing to chug along, here's a small update. Inching closer and closer to that first beta. We've completed preliminary development on almost all areas that will be available in the upcoming download, which is exciting stuff. Here's some screenshots to show off those areas.

That last screenshot is showing off a Pokemon available in the game called Tanbara, designed and sprited by me.

Hope you guys enjoy.
                Old June 27th, 2018 (7:17 PM).
                MasterBall Abuser

Nature: Bashful
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Pepperton View Post
                  Thank you!

I'm glad to hear that. :]

We're continuing to chug along, here's a small update. Inching closer and closer to that first beta. We've completed preliminary development on almost all areas that will be available in the upcoming download, which is exciting stuff. Here's some screenshots to show off those areas.

That last screenshot is showing off a Pokemon available in the game called Tanbara, designed and sprited by me.

Hope you guys enjoy.
                  Uhhhh.....I think you forgot to add the screenshots

Old June 27th, 2018 (10:04 PM). Edited June 29th, 2018 by Pepperton.
                  ilysb

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by PokeTwerp View Post
                  Uhhhh.....I think you forgot to add the screenshots
                  They weren't showing up for me earlier either but now they are again, how odd. Regardless, I hosted the screenshots on a different site. Here they are:

I also rehosted all the other images in OP that were missing.
                  Old July 8th, 2018 (1:44 PM). Edited July 8th, 2018 by Pepperton.
                  ilysb

Big announcement! We've decided to go ahead and release beta v1.0 today.

If you can, please take the time to fill out this survey after playing through the game, it will help a lot with improving the game in the future:
                  https://goo.gl/forms/H8ZqsfblzozhOmGY2

I have heard from some of my beta testers that the fonts don't work unless you manually install them. Hopefully that isn't the case now, but in case it still is, I've included the Fonts folder in the zip file. Installing them manually is relatively straightforward but if you have issues let me know.

Beta v1.0

Notes:
                  Spoiler:
                  Last updated 7/8/2018.

-Build ends after you defeat the 3rd gym OR after you defeat Axel outside the Pokemon Whisperer’s house, depending on which order you decided to do them in.
                  -Content is about ~3.5-4 hrs of game-play according to early estimates.
                  -55 new Pokemon, 43 of them obtainable in this build

Known Glitches:
                  -If you make a New Game while in the “Large” window option, the introduction’s graphics will have an odd error where 75% of the screen is black.
                  -Similarly, if a Pokemon gets poisoned while in the “Large” window option, the flashing red while the player moves to indicate your poisoned Pokemon is losing health experiences this same resizing error.
                  -If you give a Pokemon a Rare Candy to make them evolve, their level will glitch and revert to a lower level than it should be. This doesn’t seem to happen when you give a Pokemon a Rare Candy normally.

Misc. Notes:
                  -Some catchable Pokemon in this build don’t have their evolutions included in the game at this time. For example, Pokemon X may have an evolution at LV40, but since we don’t expect someone to naturally get their Pokemon to that level, we haven’t sprited and implemented the evolution yet.
                  -Many items are unattainable in this build.
                  -Surfing regions that would normally be explorable once achieving the third gym badge are closed off in this beta because they haven’t been designed yet.

Really hope everyone enjoys, we've worked hard to get a demo out to you all. Let us know what you think!
                  Old July 10th, 2018 (2:42 AM). Edited July 10th, 2018 by pika1025.

Do mipep have spilit evoltions its reminds me ralts when seen its stats and the moves its learning and the abilties too would want to know if its typeing will remain the same or will change after it evoleing? would want also to know if zinda evolving
                    Old July 10th, 2018 (5:28 PM).
                    ilysb

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by pika1025 View Post
                    Do mipep have spilit evoltions its reminds me ralts when seen its stats and the moves its learning and the abilties too would want to know if its typeing will remain the same or will change after it evoleing? would want also to know if zinda evolving
                    Mipep does have an evolution, although it isn't split like Ralts, and again unlike Ralts, Mipep remains purely Psychic type.

Zidna does evolve.
                    Old July 11th, 2018 (11:25 AM).

Would want to know when tripish evolveing ? And if cupiny evolveing if it does could you tell me how it evolveing?
                      Old July 11th, 2018 (1:50 PM).
                      ilysb

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by pika1025 View Post
                      Would want to know when tripish evolveing ? And if cupiny evolveing if it does could you tell me how it evolveing?
                      Trippish evolves at level 25. Cupiny evolves with max happiness.
                      Old July 12th, 2018 (7:07 PM).

Nature: Calm
                        Congrats on your beta release. I’ll check it out and provide some feedback if you’d like.
                        Old July 13th, 2018 (7:20 PM).

Which level does Bounroo evolves at (if it evolves) and does it stay the same type? Same question for Kirchief.
                          Old July 14th, 2018 (9:27 AM).
                          ilysb

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by EnigmaShotU View Post
                          Congrats on your beta release. I’ll check it out and provide some feedback if you’d like.
                          Thank you! Feedback is always welcome. :]

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by kyotsu441 View Post
                          Which level does Bounroo evolves at (if it evolves) and does it stay the same type? Same question for Kirchief.
                          Bounroo will evolve at level 33 but its evolution won't be implemented until the next beta. It does stay the same type. Kerchief evolves at level 20 into its second form.

If it's something people are interested in, I can add a guide about the Pokemon available in the beta onto the OP so everyone knows when each Pokemon evolves and what not.
                          Old July 14th, 2018 (2:37 PM).

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Pepperton View Post
                            Thank you! Feedback is always welcome. :]

Bounroo will evolve at level 33 but its evolution won't be implemented until the next beta. It does stay the same type. Kerchief evolves at level 20 into its second form.

If it's something people are interested in, I can add a guide about the Pokemon available in the beta onto the OP so everyone knows when each Pokemon evolves and what not.
                            That would really be awesome and useful to most of us I think.
                            Old July 14th, 2018 (7:54 PM).
                            ilysb

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by kyotsu441 View Post
                            That would really be awesome and useful to most of us I think.
                            It wasn't that difficult since I already had a spreadsheet going for them, so here you all go!

NOTE: Some of these Pokemon have some areas listed under Encounters that do not exist in the first beta, that is because this sheet was ripped from my master sheet in which I'm doing roadmapping/planning for the rest of the game and i'm too lazy to edit them out

Click here for the PDF Download

Quick Reply