• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2012 Survivor's Party @ Drakow's House

Status
Not open for further replies.

droomph

weeb
Years
Lol 'rough'. Oakland

I dunno, where I live it's rich white people and first-generation Asian or Indian immigrants so I've never had to deal with anything really bad.

Spoiler:

Years
If you can't walk around the circumference of Dundas Square without falling to your death, I'll be very disappointed.

This is where I get the Tube to work every day - Whitechapel:
Spoiler:

And this is where I get off, Blackfriars:
Spoiler:

Kinda different!

Travel the road to dusk during the day.

Travel the road to dawn during the night.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
It's probably the one of the two you'd most likely end up using if you ever visit Minneapolis! It runs from downtown Minneapolis to the airport and then on down to the Mall of America. The other one runs the other way out of downtown into the boonies.

I WANNA GO TO THE MALL OF AMERICA TAKE ME TO THE MALL OF AMERICA

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
All my mall has is a mini-train for kids that I never even rode. :(

The one here at school has some kind of bungee thing though!

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Those both look quite similar to the train lines down here.
Although it's too dangerous to take photo's with the large number thugs that collaborate at the station where I live.
I've been threatened with a knife at least twice for looking at someone at the station. A few of my friends have been stabbed, it's rough here I suppose.
The only time this happens in Boston is after a Red Sox - Yankees game that we lost...
And I"ve bungee jumped at my mall. :D

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I always wanted to do it but never really got a chance. Plus I think it's for kids. >_o

Years
The closest thing the mall closest to me has to that stuff is a play area for kids. It has a lot of stuff kids can climb on. But that's just at the closest mall to me. And there are at least 6 malls closer to me than MoA is, and there are probably more that I'm forgetting about.

I WANNA GO TO THE MALL OF AMERICA TAKE ME TO THE MALL OF AMERICA

WELL THEN FIGURE OUT A WAY TO GET TO MINNESOTA. Though there's a very high chance my car would be broken down if anyone ever came to Minnesota to hang at MoA.

That's the mall with the indoor roller coaster, yes? Crazy.

It actually has a pair of them now, from what I remember. It's also got an indoor log flume ride. And I'm not sure what else Nickelodeon Universe has in it, but MoA also has an aquarium below the mall (East Entrance, iirc), Legoland in the south "wing", a hotel being built on the south side, a hospital and hotel planned for the north side, and a massive Ikea store on mall-owned land across the street. There are probably several other things that escape me right now because I rarely visit the place.

Oh, right, it's full of expensive novelty and souvenir stores.

And they have plans to make it EVEN BIGGER. The eventual goal is to connect the Ikea store to the rest of the mall. That means the swaths of parking lots on the block north of the mall where Ikea is would be removed, almost doubling the mall in size!

Personally, though, it's not my favorite mall in my area. The ones that are part of larger shopping districts tend to be more interesting to me. Like Rosedale, Ridgedale, Southdale, Eden Prairie Center, Brookdale, and Minneapolis's pedestrian mall, Nicollet Mall.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Does your car have psychic powers that cause it to break down when PC members visit you?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
My mom got a new car and almost immediately it got scratched by a piece of metal on the road and then she thought it was breaking down because the mud flap broke off and sounded ungodly while she drove. XD;

Years
Well, at least it wasn't half the front bumper that came off!

And I've just realized that I have driven around 7000 miles so far this year, if I am recalling my mileages right. My brother and I put 3500 miles on the same car over this summer, and that was with me having my own car not breaking down for a month or two.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Boring DCC title is boring.

Speaking of miles, since my mother started her new job courting animals around, she's stacked nearly 100,000 miles (perhaps more since I asked her a ~month ago) on her '98 Grand Voyager. Pretty insane, really, as I hardly drive a few miles a week and she drives nearly 500 every day just to make one delivery.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
My mother doesn't have to go nearly that far, but she still has to drive a lot since she's a Realtor. Perhaps that's why our PT Cruise keeps breaking. Haha, who knows. But it's been hard these days with our cars because we have three drivers who have to go places and only two vehicles (only one right now actually because our PT needs new tires yup.)

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
Er, my dad has to drive about fifty miles max daily, so my family doesn't stack that many miles. We might have reached 30,000 miles on one of our cars. The only place I really have to go a good ways would be to and from school, which is downtown so I have to take the highway every morning. Actually, I go about the same distance as my dad, if not more.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
We have to drive about 20 miles each way whenever we need to do any shopping outside of simple groceries... down old country roads that aren't in the best shape. I think both of our family's vehicles have over 50,000 miles on them atm.

With that in mind, it's my dream to someday buy one of those cars on eBay that's 25-30 years old and only has 15,000 miles on it xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back