• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen All Things Sylveon

Years
My problem is whether we actually know he got that information way before the English names were revealed. I am just going to wait and get some sort of confirmation before I actually accept the news as true. It's been shown that some select others also have this information on other websites (the same rumors that is), so I am not sure what is going on exactly.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I'm starting to lean towards the fact that Sylveon's type could be Love type rather than Fairy type, because Sylveon being SE against Ice sounds more like the trope "Defrosting Ice Queen" and it being weak to Poison sounds more like corrupting love.

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 12, 2016
I'm starting to lean towards the fact that Sylveon's type could be Love type rather than Fairy type, because Sylveon being SE against Ice sounds more like the trope "Defrosting Ice Queen" and it being weak to Poison sounds more like corrupting love.

I was thinking the same, Pinkie! Plus the foreign name (can't remember which country calls it this) is Feelinara. FEEL=Feelings=feeling of love. Plus, pink is a color often assosciated with love, sylveon was revealed on valentines day, and in the movie trailer it's background was a pink egg, and eggs are said to require love. Oh, and meowth just so happened to fall in love with it during the trailer as well.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
But "Love" just sounds so cheesy! o_0 It doesn't fit with the rest of the types in the game. It's not an element or anything. It just sounds so farfetch'd.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
They could call it heart type rather than love.
However Fairy seems likely at this point...
Please let Sylveon's type be revealed in June or July I can't take this guessing anymore.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Please let Sylveon's type be revealed in June or July I can't take this guessing anymore.

Shoot, you just gave a Captain Planet Vibe (Ground, Fire, Flying, Water, Heart). Now I'm assuming that Sylveon's type will be the new Bug type.

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 12, 2016

Heart type sounds kind of... odd. Fairly and Light are the most likely, and I am so sick of the waiting as well! Sadly I doubt we will get a lot of x/y news in June because of everything we got this month. I think they are gonna unleash Sylveon's type when the movie comes out in july, sadly. Two more months!! :|

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I don't know about calling it Heart type, doesn't really sound like...well, a type?
Fairy seems likely, although i wouldn't mind if it was called Light or Magic

By now i'm pretty sure Sylveon will be a new type, or it wouldn't make sense to still hold that info back

Creame

Dreams take you higher ♥
Years
I know one thing for sure though.. I have a new fave Pokémon!!
It's cream, pink, light blue AND an Eeveelution!
COULD IT GET ANY BETTER!?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Sylveon honestly doesn't look elemental like Vapoeon to Glaceon so I'm guessing it won't be Ground, Rock, or Steel. Ghost, Bug, Dragon, Flying, Normal, or new type seem the most likely based on it's non elemental looks. Well actually the only element it could be is wind but Pokémon has no wind unless they make Sylveon flying.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Sylveon honestly doesn't look elemental like Vapoeon to Glaceon so I'm guessing it won't be Ground, Rock, or Steel. Ghost, Bug, Dragon, Flying, Normal, or new type seem the most likely based on it's non elemental looks. Well actually the only element it could be is wind but Pokémon has no wind unless they make Sylveon flying.
Sylveon's appearance doesn't look like it matches any of the current types. With the most recent Smash episode there are certainly some we can cross out though.

It's strong against Ice types, so it can either be Steel, Rock, Fighting, Or Fire. However, since we already have Flareon then we can cross Fire out of the list. And it can't be a Dragon, Flying or Ground type if it's strong against Ice, and Bugs aren't effective against Ice types either.

We know it can be affected by Poison types, so Steel is out. It's also weak against Fighting types so Fighting can also be ruled out as well as Ghost.

I find it hard to believe it will be a Rock type, so I feel like that can be scratched off the list too. Also, since it has a strength then that crosses off being a Normal type.

All that leaves is a new type, which I feel is a real possibility right now. There's also a dual type, but like being a Rock type, I find it hard to believe GameFreak will break that tradition.

PS. When I mentioned not discussing the name of the type, that's exactly what I meant. The name. If you're only talking about what the name of the new type can be and not how it relates to Sylveon, then that can fit in the thread about a new type rather than go here. Otherwise, things may really venture off topic. It was just a friendly reminder.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Sylveon's appearance doesn't look like it matches any of the current types. With the most recent Smash episode there are certainly some we can cross out though.

It's strong against Ice types, so it can either be Steel, Rock, Fighting, Or Fire. However, since we already have Flareon then we can cross Fire out of the list. And it can't be a Dragon, Flying or Ground type if it's strong against Ice, and Bugs aren't effective against Ice types either.

We know it can be affected by Poison types, so Steel is out. It's also weak against Fighting types so Fighting can also be ruled out as well as Ghost.

I find it hard to believe it will be a Rock type, so I feel like that can be scratched off the list too. Also, since it has a strength then that crosses off being a Normal type.

All that leaves is a new type, which I feel is a real possibility right now. There's also a dual type, but like being a Rock type, I find it hard to believe GameFreak will break that tradition.

PS. When I mentioned not discussing the name of the type, that's exactly what I meant. The name. If you're only talking about what the name of the new type can be and not how it relates to Sylveon, then that can fit in the thread about a new type rather than go here. Otherwise, things may really venture off topic. It was just a friendly reminder.

They never said it was weak to Fighting attacks. Only two things we know is its Strong against Ice and Weak against Poison.

The hosts are testing which types Sylveon fits… what could it be?!
The hosts tested to see if Sylveon was Fighting – she failed.
Next they tested to see if she was strong against ice – she was!
She was strong against Ice, so they tested if she was Steel by attacking her with poison type – She wasn't resistant to it, in fact, it was super-effective against her!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2013
I think the most likely would be Flying or a new type. But because there are no wings on Sylveon, i don't know if flying is what it will be.

There have been claims that a new type, Fairy, will be introduced, and because of "Ninfia" and "Sylveon" being similar to "Nymph" and "Sylph," which are types of fairies/air elementals, I think it is highly probably that it will be a new type.

However, if there is a new type, I hope to god it is called Light instead of Fairy.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
I think the most likely would be Flying or a new type. But because there are no wings on Sylveon, i don't know if flying is what it will be.

There have been claims that a new type, Fairy, will be introduced, and because of "Ninfia" and "Sylveon" being similar to "Nymph" and "Sylph," which are types of fairies/air elementals, I think it is highly probably that it will be a new type.

However, if there is a new type, I hope to god it is called Light instead of Fairy.

I think we've all determined it is a new type... As I said like six times now, Fairy will likely be the Japanese name with Light being the dubbed name.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2017
I dont think anyone has posted this picture because i didnt want to take the time to look through all the posts but this picture i have shows a little art describing the eeveelutions type but when you look at sylveons, it shows a wing shape. my theory is that sylveon is a flying type. flying types dont need wings. shaymin, dodu. shiploom jumpluff hoppip. sylveon is definately a flying type. no new type.
Ci1z8LU.jpg

Belldandy

Years
That pic has been posted many times, actually, about 5-10 pages back. The egg-shape and wing inside the egg (first noted by myself, if I recall) was a solid reasoning for flying type, except insects lay eggs, too, and the wing could be dubbed a "coincidence."

+ Smash earlier this week pretty much shows it's a new type.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7629294&postcount=358

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7629357&postcount=360

And from XanderO:

Just found out by someone on Pokejungle...the "Wing" thing is Sylveon's Ear sideways. They actually DO match up...so trolly XD

And me again:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7629553&postcount=369

Last edited:

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
I dont think anyone has posted this picture because i didnt want to take the time to look through all the posts but this picture i have shows a little art describing the eeveelutions type but when you look at sylveons, it shows a wing shape. my theory is that sylveon is a flying type. flying types dont need wings. shaymin, dodu. shiploom jumpluff hoppip. sylveon is definately a flying type. no new type.
Ci1z8LU.jpg

There aren't any wings at all... I don't see what you are referring to... Why would they make Flying weak to Poison and resistant of Ice? Makes not sense considering Flying is super effective to Ice...

Belldandy

Years
Back