• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Duo-Species Challenge

Years
Aww, wish I had seen the bit about Pokémon Amie being banned! I unfortunately already got both mine up to full affection. :< Is there any handicap I could take so I could still play the challenge without having to go through the hassle of IV/egg move breeding my two again?

If possible:
Username: Ziruñe
Version: Alpha Sapphire
Single/Ultimate?: Single
Pokemon:
714.png
559.png

Last edited:

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
Aww, wish I had seen the bit about Pokémon Amie being banned! I unfortunately already got both mine up to full affection. :< Is there any handicap I could take so I could still play the challenge without having to go through the hassle of IV/egg move breeding my two again?

"If a Pokémon is traded to a Trainer who is not their Original Trainer, the Pokémon's affection will reset to 0 (enjoyment and fullness are unaffected). If the Pokémon is traded back to its Original Trainer, though, its affection will be restored to the value it had before the Original Trainer traded it away." - Bulbapedia

Given your X game isn't the OT (I assume), try trading and then trading back to see if that resets it.

ALSO:
Username: ddrox13
Version: Diamond
Pokemon: The Dawn Stone buddies, #475 Gallade and #478 Froslass

NOTES:
Due to there only being no Dawn Stones obtainable before the E4, I will be hacking in a pair of them just before the 3rd gym, as all main evo stones (Leaf, Thunder, Water, Sun, Moon) are obtainable by then through the Underground. I will probably also hack in a Heart Scale or 3 due to Luvdisc not being obtainable Pre-E4, and imma need like 8 of the things tbh. Also this will be slow to start due to my Ultimate Monograss.

Should be good prep incase I try an ultimate solo of some sort (likely Gallade tbh)

Last edited:
Years
"If a Pokémon is traded to a Trainer who is not their Original Trainer, the Pokémon's affection will reset to 0 (enjoyment and fullness are unaffected). If the Pokémon is traded back to its Original Trainer, though, its affection will be restored to the value it had before the Original Trainer traded it away." - Bulbapedia

Given your X game isn't the OT (I assume), try trading and then trading back to see if that resets it.

Derp, I meant Alpha Sapphire.

And actually, no. I bred the eggs on my X version and then traded them to Alpha Sapphire and hatched them there so the OT is the same as AS. <.<;; So there's no way to reset it.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Seems like fun!
Would love to try it out too.

Sign-Up
Username: PokeFox
Version: Pokemon Y
Pokemon: Flareon & Zoroark

Since none of the two are available before 1st Gym -
Eevee isn't catchable until Route 10 (after second badge)
Zoroark isn't catchable until Route 20 (after the 7th badge)
I have 3 different 3DS Systems, can I just breed both 'mons and send them as eggs to the challenge team.
I'll get challenge started with the approval.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
Derp, I meant Alpha Sapphire.

And actually, no. I bred the eggs on my X version and then traded them to Alpha Sapphire and hatched them there so the OT is the same as AS. <.<;; So there's no way to reset it.
I TRIED :(
Since none of the two are available before 1st Gym -
Eevee isn't catchable until Route 10 (after second badge)
Zoroark isn't catchable until Route 20 (after the 7th badge)
I have 3 different 3DS Systems, can I just breed both 'mons and send them as eggs to the challenge team.
I'll get challenge started with the approval.
2. Hacking and Trading is forbidden, except in these cases:
2a. You are using a Pokemon not available before the first badge.

2b. You are using a Pokemon not in the Regional Pokedex.
If one of these apply, you may hack at the beginning at level 5 or lower, or as an egg. (HAs and Egg Moves are allowed, as for IVs, idc)
I read that as you are clear to go, given it's what I just did lol

Uhhhh anyway... Ill just throw out a baseline with natures and nicknames and such, and to set a post format. leggo.

Diamond Duo-Species Challenge (0/8):

Important Events:
Spoiler:

Team @ Route 203:
361.png

Buttercup (Snover) Lv11
Female | Serious (Spd>Spd) | Ice Body
- Powder Snow
- Leer
- Double Team
- Bite
280.png

Westley (Ralts) Lv12
Male | Serious (Spd>Spd) | Trace
- Growl
- Confusion
- Double Team
- Teleport

Last edited:

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I read that as you are clear to go, given it's what I just did lol

Uhhhh anyway... Ill just throw out a baseline with natures and nicknames and such, and to set a post format. leggo.
Thanks!
I'll get started as soon as possible.
I'm about to update my other challenge.

Have the two eggs transferred - now doing about 8,000 runs around Aquacorde Town until the two eggs hatch
Edit - the eggs hatch, here's the proof from my 3DS XL

Zorua - it evolves at level 30, so for a short while it will have to be Zorua.
(bred male Zoroark with a female Zoroark)
Spoiler:

Eevee - will make it evolve as soon as possible.
(bred male Espeon with female Sylveon)
Spoiler:

The other 2 Pokeballs
one of them belongs to the starter, Fennekin
the second Heal Ball belongs to a Stunky from the other PokeCommunity challenge, mainly so I could transfer a Fire Stone

Both of them will go to the PC Box once I get to Santalune City, can't access the PC until then.

So far:
- Aquacorde Town, transferred eggs and hatched them
- Santalune Forest, battling the trainers
I"m following my tradition for all games battling all trainers (including those in gyms), not running away from wild Pokemon (I will attempt to catch the Pokemon I don't have), sort of document how my gym battles went.

Last edited:

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
Diamond Duo-Species Challenge (1/8):

Since I'm already hacking in my pokemon, there is no shame in hacking in a couple HM slaves and a few M-Balls to catch them with, is there? WELL TOO BAD!

Also, you are only doing it right when your AR codes have such names as "this is cheating" (Ralts encounter), "this is cheating more" (999x Dawn Stone), "Oh please..." (Shiny Giratina encounter) and ofc "GIMME DAT BOOTY" (Shiny Rayquaza encounter)

EDIT: I went ahead and did more things. Post updated.

Important Events:
Spoiler:

Team @ 5th Gym:
478.png

Buttercup (Froslass) Lv34
Female | Serious (Spd>Spd) | Snow Cloak
- Icy Wind
- Shadow Ball
- Double Team
- Wake-Up Slap

475.png

Westley (Gallade) Lv21
Male | Serious (Spd>Spd) | Steadfast
- Leaf Blade
- Night Slash
- Psycho Cut
- Drain Punch

Ft. BAWK the Shiny Rayquaza (Rock Smash/Fly/Surf) and DAHKNEZZ the Shiny Giratina (Defog)

Last edited:

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Next update!
Mozart, male Eevee, evolved to Flareon via the Fire Stone, I know that Zorua will take a whle (still has 18 levels to go through)

Santalune Forest & Route 22:
Not much from battling trainers and catching a few Pokemon.

Against Viola:
Zorua vs Surskit
Spoiler:

Flareon vs Vivillon
Spoiler:

Team members:
Milo, the Zorua:
Spoiler:

Mozart, the Flareon
Spoiler:

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
Diamond Duo-Species Challenge (Complete!):

*Grabs easy button*

Important Events:
Spoiler:

FINAL TEAM:
478.png

Buttercup (Froslass) Lv58 @ Spell Tag
Female | Serious (Spd>Spd) | Snow Cloak
- Icy Wind
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

475.png

Westley (Gallade) Lv60 @ Fist Plate
Male | Serious (Spd>Spd) | Steadfast
- Leaf Blade
- Earthquake
- Psycho Cut
- Drain Punch

Ft. BAWK the Shiny Rayquaza (Rock Smash/Fly/Surf/Waterfall) and DAHKNEZZ the Shiny Giratina (The rest of them)

This was probably my best Diamond run ever. Gallade is so OP ingame with access to so many coverage moves upon evolution, and Froslass is always fun to use. I think this is a good time to either do a Gallade Solo Run or come up with my own challenge.

sytB2Ae.png

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Haven't forgotten challenge - where I am so far: in Cyllage City Gym

Such a hard time with Grant. Both team members are so weak to Rock types - already lost 3 times to Grant.

Volga

The Dragon Knight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
Ft. BAWK the Shiny Rayquaza (Rock Smash/Fly/Surf/Waterfall) and DAHKNEZZ the Shiny Giratina (The rest of them)
2. Hacking and Trading is forbidden, except in these cases:
2a. You are using a Pokemon not available before the first badge.
2b. You are using a Pokemon not in the Regional Pokedex.

This includes hacking/trading of all things, not just the two challenge Pokemon. I know it may not seem obvious, but given the fact it says "Hacking and Trading is forbidden, except in these cases" and HM slaves do not fall under these cases.
Same for the Dawn Stones, as you can get them pre-E4. There is one in Mt. Coronet, and as many as you want via Pickup.
If needed, I can add it to be more specific in the OP. There are a few other things I need to make specific anyways. :p

However, I was planning to add a "Rules-Free Mode", that's pretty much the same as the "Freeplay" mode in the monotype thread.
I can add your challenge that if you want?

Haven't forgotten challenge - where I am so far: in Cyllage City Gym

Such a hard time with Grant. Both team members are so weak to Rock types - already lost 3 times to Grant.
I know that feeling. I've always had a hard time with him. {XD}

Anyways, I'll get around to updating this and my other challenges hopefully later today.
I haven't been around much because of my job, but since I've been getting more time off work, I may start doing challenges again. :p

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
This includes hacking/trading of all things, not just the two challenge Pokemon. I know it may not seem obvious, but given the fact it says "Hacking and Trading is forbidden, except in these cases" and HM slaves do not fall under these cases.
Whatever... Not entirely sure how that matters... I never actually ended up using them to revive either member anyway.

Same for the Dawn Stones, as you can get them pre-E4. There is one in Mt. Coronet, and as many as you want via Pickup.
If needed, I can add it to be more specific in the OP. There are a few other things I need to make specific anyways. :p
The Dawn Stone in Mt. Cornet is only available in Platinum, not Diamond. There is another one pre-E4 in Plat as well. Pickup theoretically is an option, but to have even a 4% chance of finding one your pokemon needs to be the level that my main pokemon finished the game at. Also if I need more than 2 party slots on HM users, Pachirisu isn't the best HM slave.

However, I was planning to add a "Rules-Free Mode", that's pretty much the same as the "Freeplay" mode in the monotype thread.
I can add your challenge that if you want?
If you must.

Volga

The Dragon Knight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
Whatever... Not entirely sure how that matters... I never actually ended up using them to revive either member anyway.

The Dawn Stone in Mt. Cornet is only available in Platinum, not Diamond. There is another one pre-E4 in Plat as well. Pickup theoretically is an option, but to have even a 4% chance of finding one your pokemon needs to be the level that my main pokemon finished the game at. Also if I need more than 2 party slots on HM users, Pachirisu isn't the best HM slave.

If you must.

1. I realise it's not a big deal, but rules are rules.

2. Sorry, my mistake, I haven't played D/P since Plat came out, so it's been a long time. Also, bulbapedia has it wrong (I checked other sources as well to confirm), so it's not entirely on me, lol.
And I do agree that pickup at that point is kind of stupid, so I guess the Dawn Stone thing can have a pass.

3. All right, I'll add it when I update the thread later.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I know that feeling. I've always had a hard time with him. {XD}
Normally, I wouldn't have a problem with Grant, I would always have something to counter rock types - with the challenge, don't have much against Tyrunt. Looking back at your own challenge team, I can see how tough Grant must have been.

It's Time!!
Update Time!!
So far in the journey:
Spoiler:

I lost 3 times to Grant, before getting lucky enough to win, this is how the gym battle, correction, gym battles went:

Round 1 - Lost
Spoiler:

Round 2 - Lost
Spoiler:

Round 3 - Lost
Spoiler:

after the 3rd loss, decided to head up to Route 10 and do some training. At the time I encountered Grant, Milo was at level 24 and Mozart at level 25. Both of Grant's Poikemon are at level 25, both have Rock type, which both my team members are weak to, especially Mozart.
After the training both Mozart and Milo made it to level 27

Round 4 - somehow managed to win
Spoiler:

Finally a big sigh of relieve!!
Team info:

Mozart the Flareon
Spoiler:

Milo the Zorua - only 2 levels away from evolving to Zoroark
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Don't like to double post, been a few days no posts
Here's my next update

Along this journey:
Spoiler:

Battle vs Calem:
Spoiler:

Gym Battle against Korrina:
Being a gym battle against a Fighting type gym leader, Milo would be a big disadvantage, but the way I am, I always let all Pokemon battle. It was mainly Mozart that battled.
Spoiler:

Team Info:
Mozart the Flareon
Spoiler:

Milo the Zoroark
Spoiler:

Anyways, I'll get around to updating this and my other challenges hopefully later today.
I haven't been around much because of my job, but since I've been getting more time off work, I may start doing challenges again. :p
- ever going to update the first page?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 15, 2023
Username: DarkChibimon
Version: Fire Red
Pokemon: Marowak/Houndoom

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Sorry if it's been such a long time
Kind of distracted with other teams and forums.

Just took down Ramos

Before the gym challenged by Calem

Spoiler:

After that battle with Calem, it was time to take on Ramos.
Spoiler:

No new move sets
Mozart the Flaroen is at level 40
Milo the Zoroark is at level 39

4 badges now.
Next up is Clemont

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Oct 9, 2016
The other 2 Pokeballs
one of them belongs to the starter, Fennekin
the second Heal Ball belongs to a Stunky from the other PokeCommunity challenge, mainly so I could transfer a Fire Stone

I'm sorry for replying to a post this old, but I was reading through the thread and saw this. You traded in the Fire Stone?
Just saying, it breaks the rules to do so, as it says any and all hacking/trading is forbidden except for a few exceptions, which this does not apply to one of said exceptions.
------------------------------------------------------
This is my first actual update, my original sign-up is in the OP because Necrum merged it to make me the owner.

Pokemon Fire Red: 2/8
Just beat Misty, pretty easy with the combination of Leech Seed and Bullet Seed.

Team:
028.png
Lv.22
- Scratch, Defense Curl, Sand Attack, Poison Sting

331.png
Lv.23
- Bullet Seed, Leech Seed, Absorb, Growth

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Username: Ahri
Game: Y