• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] Burning Souls - Halloween Event 2020

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Spr_RS_Guitarist.png

guitarist al | ruby | badges: 8 | champion

🔮20 level limit, 10 level limit after 4 badges
🔮ghosts +5 levels
🔮odds +5, evens -5 (at time of 2nd badge)
🔮-5 unless ghost move (at time of 3rd badge)
🔮-5 if pokemon gets status condition
🔮flying +5 levels
🔮bring 1 pokemon back, +15 (at time of 6th badge)
🔮false messiah on tentacruel (out)
🔮guardian angel on tentacruel (in)
🔮no held items
🔮grass +5 levels
🔮no items in battle except held (personal rule)

Spr_3r_356.png

GhostOfYou lv. 43 (max: 45)
levitate / naughty
curse / shadow punch / confuse ray / will-o-wisp

Spr_3r_306.png

Romance lv. 50 (max: 52)
sturdy / gentle
fire blast / earthquake / iron tail / protect

Spr_3r_169.png

VampMoney lv. 51 (max: 59)
inner focus / timid
shadow ball / toxic / confuse ray / fly

Spr_3r_297.png

Hang'mHigh lv. 48 (max: 52)
thick fat / naughty
vital throw / dig / bulk up / knock off

Spr_3r_340.png

Jet-Star lv. 51 (max: 53)
oblivious / serious
surf / future sight / earthquake / ice beam

Spr_3r_308.png

Deathwish lv. 48 (max: 50)
pure power / gentle
fire punch / ice punch / brick break / calm mind

this segment was...a time. i could honestly divide it into two segments. so i will. i basically had to get a team specifically FOR victory road. i was like oh sweet i can keep bellossom a little longer bc of my rule. nice. i caught a loudred to evolve and help bulk my way through bc i didn't want to train any party members there against trainers and risk statuses. but i had to also make it to the second floor to CATCH the new crew. first trainer w the roselia that you have to battle? knocked half my team's level limits out. exploud lost 5, gorebyss lost 5 which knocked it out bc it had previously been paralyzed, a xatu i brought w me got put to sleep twice, knocking it out. this roselia was out for my blood. i make it to the bottom floor eventually and i didn't have too many other issues with trainers thankfully. but i needed to get to that specific floor bc i needed the highest level of the pokemon i wanted that i could get. i had to settle in some cases, but i think i did really well tbh. i really lucked out with a level 43 whiscash.

but you know where else i lucked out? y'all at some point after catching all my party members (whiscash, golbat, hariyama, lairon, and medicham), i got POKERUS. fucking pokerus. beautiful really since i can't level up my party much to get them much needed stat gains and they can't hold a macho brace for that, either. i didn't get the idea to EV train them until about half the party was trained, but it still worked out well. and i'm especially proud of evolving golbat without a soothe bell. i gave it a shit ton of protein and carbos i had hoarded throughout the journey. and i rode on my bike literally for an hour and half to get that tiny little bit more i needed to evolve. but i did it. lol

so the elite four...it was rough. i had to restart the fights on everyone, but the worst was phoebe bc she just has so many statuses she can give you. like right off the bat, not even just side effects, she can burn or poison you. i avoided it thankfully but my team didn't fair well against ghosts, so i think i had to restart her fight like 5 times. it was bad. drake was really easy...medicham did a lot better than what i thought it would do, considering how awful training it went. steven was really fucking close. i hung on to dusclops specifically for curse bc it got me out of a jam so many times...and if not for curse, i would have lost to steven. so dusclops is mvp. he didn't battle much, but his support was invaluable.

aaaand that's it!! thanks to eleanor and janp for running this awesome event. it was frustrating at times, but i like having to rethink my strategy and a challenge like this really makes you appreciate the different pokemon available to use in RSE. the region actually does a great job of giving you pokemon to make the upcoming gyms go smoothly. i never felt like i had nothing available to help me win. ...but maybe next time. don't put a rule where you lose 5 levels from status affliction......good god i wanted to rip my hair out lmfao

bonus hall of fame pic!
Spoiler:

box:
shroomish, zigzagoon, dustox, taillow, makuhita, aron, minun, roselia, azumarill, numel, machamp, sandshrew, castform, wigglytuff, zangoose, koffing, gorebyss, whiscash #1, solrock #2, lanturn, mawile, exploud, sealeo, bellossom, kecleon

out:
marshtomp, absol, solrock, gorebyss, xatu,

Years
quick q: there's an in-game trade in Gold where I can trade Dragonair for Rhydon, which would count for my limit of only using 100kg mons. I think the level of the mon you get will be the same as what you traded, so would I be allowed to level a Dragonair to whatever level I want before trading it over? Or would I not be able to do this at all? The rules state:

"If you need to evolve a Pokémon through trading, feel free to do so. Otherwise, no trading is allowed."

Not sure if this also includes in-game trades, the way it's worded makes it seem more like actual trading to get Pokémon in that otherwise wouldn't be available in your game.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years
quick q: there's an in-game trade in Gold where I can trade Dragonair for Rhydon, which would count for my limit of only using 100kg mons. I think the level of the mon you get will be the same as what you traded, so would I be allowed to level a Dragonair to whatever level I want before trading it over? Or would I not be able to do this at all? The rules state:

"If you need to evolve a Pokémon through trading, feel free to do so. Otherwise, no trading is allowed."

Not sure if this also includes in-game trades, the way it's worded makes it seem more like actual trading to get Pokémon in that otherwise wouldn't be available in your game.

Well! Both me and Janp have come to an agreement. You're allowed to use in-game trades (especially in this situation) but only as long as the Pokémon you're giving away still hasn't reached its level limit. Especially in a situation like this, you don't want to give away a Pokémon whose life energy has been completely drained, right?

Sorry for the late reply, Sheep! But hopefully this makes it clearer. If you really wanna blame the one who said "at least put the level limit" clause... well it's me. Best of luck in your last segment, you got this! <3

Years
10 years of brutal suffering later....
the e4 and champion lance have been defeated!!

had to box most my team except gyarados since my newest rule where mons in my party have to be at least 100kg prevented them from being used. this was okay for me originally since I knew I could get the likes of onix and ursaring in victory road. actually getting there was super hard though since gyarados hit its max level (40) before we finished clearing out all the trainers on the route to it. I was so unsure of what to do but was suggested to pick up mantine since I hadn't realized it was an option. took about 30 minutes until I found one at a high enough level (24) that training it up 10 levels would make it decently viable against the trainers I still needed to fight. got it to 31-32 and managed to beat the few I had left, though it took a few resets until opponents like pikachu missed when using thunder.

when in victory road I picked up onix and ursaring, both at high enough levels. I used onix for a bit but quickly remembered how weak he was.... so he ended up getting shafted and sitting around in my party doing nothing. D: meanwhile ursaring could gain up to 20 levels because of my two rules boosting normal types, so I opted for that. went crazy training it since I couldn't beat silver in the cave and flew back to goldenrod to teach it thunder punch + pick up the tm for earthquake in vr. after quite a bit of grinding I got him to 50 and we entered the e4. bought waaay more healing items than I needed (especially since I can't use healing items in battle), but I prefer being overprepared anyway! lol

thunderpunch was a godsend against lance's gyarados, charizard, and aerodactyl, and a slash powered up from the pink bow I gave ursa was great. it honestly took sooo many resets because I got unlucky with thunder wave and hyper beam, but my big boy pulled through in the end.

with that said..

217.gif

Ursaring ♂️ Lv. 53 (caught lv. 33 - max lv. 53)
Slash, Faint Attack, Earthquake, Thunderpunch​

we are champions!!! :D I will forever have a soft spot now for this soft guy!!

Former team members
Flaaffy (x2), Sudowoodo, Quilava, Fearow, Girafarig, Pidgeotto, Mantine, Onix, Lickitung, Gyarados

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years
And starting from today, the challenge is over! Thanks to everyone who participated, and for those who didn't make it to the end... well, Ghosts have had the best of you this time, but you'll probably have another chance to get your revenge someday. If you have any feedback about this challenge (and I sure have), please let us know! It would be very appreciated. Should you want to continue the challenge on your own terms, you can also message us and get the list of rules we used! No more actual updates on this thread, though, sorry... Ghosts have drained all the CSS away.

577985832099643392.png

Back