pokemon rom hacks for new players

Started by Mohamad20ZX 3 Weeks Ago 6:32 AM
  • 8 replies

ZeoStar

Online now
Posted 28 Minutes Ago
10,032 posts
4.8 Years
Gaia is the closest representation of an official game.

soulzzii

Male
brasil
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 7 Hours Ago
12 posts
1.6 Years
Gaia is the closest representation of an official game.
Wasnt Light Platinum also a close representation of an official game? even though its been a while, i remember a lot of people talking about how they though the game was made by game freak themselves lol
[align=center]
Name: Espy
Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage[/align]

ZeoStar

Online now
Posted 28 Minutes Ago
10,032 posts
4.8 Years
Wasnt Light Platinum also a close representation of an official game? even though its been a while, i remember a lot of people talking about how they though the game was made by game freak themselves lol
Maybe for the time.

It's very outdated and has some highly questionable design. An example shines through in the first 5 minutes with the first route trainers being punishing for not picking Charmander. Gift Pokemon are overloaded on you at random before the first gym, and the dialogue isn't too well written either.

I respect it for what it was and the influence it created, but I don't think it holds up.

soulzzii

Male
brasil
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 7 Hours Ago
12 posts
1.6 Years
Maybe for the time.

It's very outdated and has some highly questionable design. An example shines through in the first 5 minutes with the first route trainers being punishing for not picking Charmander. Gift Pokemon are overloaded on you at random before the first gym, and the dialogue isn't too well written either.

I respect it for what it was and the influence it created, but I don't think it holds up.
Saw some gameplays and you are definely right. kinda wish someone remade it. probably would be a pretty solid hack nowadays if it had feautures like QoL changes, Balacing, Recent gen mons and better writen dialogues lol
Dunno if the creator ever made any updates to it, i remenber it being on everyone`s top 10 rom hacks lists when it came out lol
[align=center]
Name: Espy
Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage[/align]