• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When dressing yourself, do you focus more on looks or comfort?

#isthenumbersign
Years
Most days I'm gonna be lazy and dress for comfort. But I still think style is very important and will have those days where I sacrifice comfort for looks. I either feel good physically when I'm wearing something comfortable or mentally when I'm wearing something that I like looks-wise, so it's a win-win.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
It depends on what I'm dressing for and if I'm going out or not. Obviously if I'm going out then looks and if I'm not then comfort.

Victini

I tend to be satisfied mentally if I'm comfortable, even if it doesn't look that good. I'll only dress up real nicely for special occasions.
If I don't have to dress up or if I don't feel obligated to, I guess I'm going out in really baggy clothes. ;w;

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
It depends on what I'm dressing for and if I'm going out or not. Obviously if I'm going out then looks and if I'm not then comfort.

This basically. I always look presentable for work but I like to be comfortable too. I usually wear a hoodie to work~

I love shorts over leggings but it's way too cold for that now :c..

I need a new winter coat because my old one is way too big for me now.

Tranca

Monolith
Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
I would only focus on appearance for a job interview. Otherwise, I avoid vanity to the greatest extent possible.

Years
Unless I absolutely need to look good for something, then...comfort. Nearly all the way.

I say "nearly" because if I plan on going out somewhere in public (even up to the store), I try not to look totally mismatched. Even then, it'll merely be a t-shirt and pants/shorts - something nice and easy to wear.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
When I go out, looks. I'm sort of self conscious about that stuff. I like to look nice for other people.

When I stay in, comfort obviously.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Not to parrot everyone else, but I try to focus on both. When it comes to shirts and shorts, I go with what's comfortable (not too restricting) but it can't look ratty and shabby, like I'm not trying just a little, though when it comes to shoes I'm really metrosexual about how they look. Of course, I won't go as far as wearing a size three shoe on my size twelve feet just because they look cool.

Oh but when it comes to around the house I wear as little as possible sweatshorts (most of the time) and a loose fitting shirt. xD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I focus more on looks because I feel better when I feel I look better. The clothes that I buy I buy because are already comfortable.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
You can really achieve both if you look around enough.

Make a day out of it, go in every store there is (bar nordstrom), try on anything that you like the look/feel of, there's always a hidden gem in there.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I like to look good, cause if I look good, I'll feel good too, like Nick already said. But most of the time, I wake up and don't feel like getting ready and getting dressed so I try to do a kind of thing where I'm dressed down, but still dressed up. Use some accessories and such and nice make up and you got it. I also don't like dressing up on days I don't see my boyfriend, cause you know, I want him to see me looking good haha. Otherwise I feel like it's wasted.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I like wearing clothes that both look good and feel good, though this can be hard. A lot of nice looking clothes arent very comfortable. I prefer wearing comfy clothes like jeans and tea shirts/sweaters, though I try to go for ones that also look good.

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
Years
Comfort. Though I guess I dont have a choice because I dont care how i look so I just buy comfortable clothes. When I wake up, I just throw on whatever's on top in my drawer.

Years
Ideally, both. Most of the time, though, comfort over looks. Because if I'm going out of the house, usually it's just to go grab some food or do some shopping somewhere. I don't bother to look amazing. Only care about how good I look when I'm going out to actually socialize. It's so rare that overall, comfort is best for me.

I've really got to be more concerned. :(

Years
The only time I would focus on looks is if I had to go to a fancy occasion like a job interview.

Otherwise, I'd focus on comfort, especially me preferring to wear trackpants rather than jeans. Comfy clothes always look nice on me.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Both, really. I'm a fashionista most of the time, and I won't wear anything unless it's comfortable. It's as simple as that.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I try to look good, but I hate clothes shopping and most of the clothes I own are nerdy T-shirts and either jeans or shorts that will go with any T-shirt I pick out. I very rarely dress "up" so I guess overall I'd say comfort.

I don't think I look "bad" though, I just don't make that much of an effort.

Back