• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

squire

Upcoming Hacker
Years
Hey, does anyone know how to get rid of the old man that is lying down on the floor in Viridian City?

He doesn't show up as a tile/sprite or event in advance map, so can anyone tell me what program or what I need to do to get rid of him?

Thanks for those that reply.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Hey, does anyone know how to get rid of the old man that is lying down on the floor in Viridian City?

He doesn't show up as a tile/sprite or event in advance map, so can anyone tell me what program or what I need to do to get rid of him?

Thanks for those that reply.
I think he's in a level script. Not sure, though.

Tornado

Shooting Star
Years
Oh dear.
It seems the character that I use in the ROM has turned into a different sprite.
Its the standard Emerald character, but he's whent to the lighter / whiter version...

Any Help?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Oh dear.
It seems the character that I use in the ROM has turned into a different sprite.
Its the standard Emerald character, but he's whent to the lighter / whiter version...

Any Help?

What exactly have you done to it? Did you edit the pallets? You gotta give us some info on what you did BEFORE the problem arose...

Tornado

Shooting Star
Years
The last changes I made where:
Changed Stevens text in the space center
Changed his sprite (to a generic one)
Then I went to edit it, but decided not to keep changes and closed the application...

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Hmm... Well, A-Text might have screwed something up if you used that... I don't know what would cause this to happen except that... was it like that before you edited the text? And how did you edit it? Did you just use A-Text, or did you open the script in XSE and edit the text from there?

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2010
Does anyone know how to use the battle script form poketronic in Advance map

Whenever I use the value that i used for the new script, and assinged it to Hte person event, it doesnt work.

(P.S. I was using an already used value

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
The last changes I made where:
Changed Stevens text in the space center
Changed his sprite (to a generic one)
Then I went to edit it, but decided not to keep changes and closed the application...

did you maybe try scripting something?
Yesterday I wrote a script and I turned into a poochyena...
it was just plain weird...

jokercard333

Dream Eater
Years
It Happened When I Was Using A-text... Everybody Else's Script Is Fine, Just The First Text That I Entered Gets Jumbled. I tried XSE before on a clean rom but I was Having trouble because It did not recognize the Boxset 6 command. I have gotten inserting sprites and all that jazz it's just text editing is killing me.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
It Happened When I Was Using A-text... Everybody Else's Script Is Fine, Just The First Text That I Entered Gets Jumbled. I tried XSE before on a clean rom but I was Having trouble because It did not recognize the Boxset 6 command. I have gotten inserting sprites and all that jazz it's just text editing is killing me.

The boxset command is not used by XSE anymore

In the beginning, it was written as
'message @text
boxset 6'
Now it is
message @text 0x6'
Get it?

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Ok now this is going to sound really stupid but I keep messing up my rom when i try.
How do I enable running shoes in ruby. Like is it a flag or an item? I'm confused. How would a script for it go?And/or what flag is it. Everytime I try to write a script for it something always goes wrong when I talk to the npc so im stumped.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Ok now this is going to sound really stupid but I keep messing up my rom when i try.
How do I enable running shoes in ruby. Like is it a flag or an item? I'm confused. How would a script for it go?And/or what flag is it. Everytime I try to write a script for it something always goes wrong when I talk to the npc so im stumped.

The running shoes is in fact a flag. You would know this if you read the std.rbh file that comes with XSE.

Nintendo only makes it seem like a flag in order to make you feel like you got an item.
They do this by adding a msgbox 0x4 and then playing the item recieving fanfare, then a waitfanfare, then a closeonkeypress.

Anyways, to enable the running shoes, set this flag. (For ruby of course)
setflag 0x860

if you want the music too, try using this portion of a script.
Code:
msgbox @text 0x4
fanfare 0x13E
waitfanfare
setflag 0x860
closeonkeypress
Next time, ask in the script help thread, okay?
(Also, if you are using an event tile in A-Map, set your settings to 0300 and 4050!
(Unless you are using a person, then one of the unknown things needs to be set to 03... I think))

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
The running shoes is in fact a flag. You would know this if you read the std.rbh file that comes with XSE.

Nintendo only makes it seem like a flag in order to make you feel like you got an item.
They do this by adding a msgbox 0x4 and then playing the item recieving fanfare, then a waitfanfare, then a closeonkeypress.

Anyways, to enable the running shoes, set this flag. (For ruby of course)
setflag 0x860

if you want the music too, try using this portion of a script.
Code:
msgbox @text 0x4
fanfare 0x13E
waitfanfare
setflag 0x860
closeonkeypress
Next time, ask in the script help thread, okay?
(Also, if you are using an event tile in A-Map, set your settings to 0300 and 4050!
(Unless you are using a person, then one of the unknown things needs to be set to 03... I think))
ah well I asked here since I thought it would be more of a prob with amap rather then the script.

So there is no running shoes item then? Like one that would appear in the key items?

Also in amap. Lets say I expand the overworld bank or w/e and add more overworlds. What would be the ini that i would have to edit for amap to be able to "see" the new ows?

Jerros

TloS FTW!!!
Years
Hmm, look at some cave maps in the game, and try to mimic the header in your map. That should probably do it. It might also have to do something with the "Show name on entering" setting. All caves have them set to 0F. Well, almost all. NAVEL ROCK doesn't, for example. And, if I recall correctly, you can't use ESCAPE ROPE in NAVEL ROCK.

Ok, I'll try that. Thank you!

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Hey, is it possible to any of the 3:

-Change the legendary dog encounter rate
-Make it possible for all 3 dogs to run around kanto
-Give the player the pokedex "Sighting" for the dog/s so you'll be able to see where they are roaming before you actually meet them (EG: after oak gives you national dex, hell give you the pages for the 3 dogs, so you can see where they are running around.

Pls and thank you.

EDIT: For pokemon Fire Red.

Last edited:

iTeruri

iAm
Years
I changed the rival's overworld to Togepi with a new pallete. In the game everything works fine, except in the intro where you have to enter a name for the rival. The OW is bugged in two ways:
1. The normal standing pose has a weird pallete
2. The walking pose is the same as the old

How can I fix this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back