• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions & Answers / "Where do I post this?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Title tags! For example, this text: '[title="FC GOES HERE"]Text that you scroll over goes here.[/title]' becomes...

Text that you scroll over goes here. (scroll over it!)

Hope that helps - feel free to say if you need help using them! :)

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
It's likely not on PC's end and is probably on Youtube's end, because it's doing this on everyone's profile with a Youtube video attached to it, and I doubt that every single member with a Youtube video on their profile would intentionally set the video to autoplay..
Ah, you're right, it's not on purpose...

The only way to control whether or not a video autoplays is in the URL of the embed code and PC doesn't take the full URL (I hadn't checked and thought it did); the profile field doesn't give enough characters to autoplay the video even if someone tried it. I think Youtube recently changed its embed code (although it still allows the old one so I don't know why that would break it) so I think the problem would be fixed pretty easily by adapting the plugin to the new format. The problem can't be on Youtube's end because I don't get autoplaying anywhere else on the internet. :/ (And also it doesn't autoplay when you input pretty much the same data into the [youtube] tags so something must've messed up in the plugin instead, I guess. :s)

Years
Title tags! For example, this text: '[title="FC GOES HERE"]Text that you scroll over goes here.[/title]' becomes...

Text that you scroll over goes here. (scroll over it!)

Hope that helps - feel free to say if you need help using them! :)

Thanks I was able to do this. I would like to have that inserted into the photo instead of underneath it. Do you know how to do this?

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Thanks I was able to do this. I would like to have that inserted into the photo instead of underneath it. Do you know how to do this?

[CENTER][title="Black FC: 955-8507-6985"][img]http://www.pokecommunity.com/signaturepics/sigpic356046_11.gif[/img][/title][/CENTER]

Copy and paste that into your signature. It'll show your FC when you hover over the image. :]

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Ah, you're right, it's not on purpose...

The only way to control whether or not a video autoplays is in the URL of the embed code and PC doesn't take the full URL (I hadn't checked and thought it did); the profile field doesn't give enough characters to autoplay the video even if someone tried it. I think Youtube recently changed its embed code (although it still allows the old one so I don't know why that would break it) so I think the problem would be fixed pretty easily by adapting the plugin to the new format. The problem can't be on Youtube's end because I don't get autoplaying anywhere else on the internet. :/ (And also it doesn't autoplay when you input pretty much the same data into the [youtube] tags so something must've messed up in the plugin instead, I guess. :s)

Is there a way we can update the plugin to reflect the changes on youtube so that it doesn't play?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Is there a way we can update the plugin to reflect the changes on youtube so that it doesn't play?
I imagine it wouldn't be hard. Any admin (which I think is all of them?) with the ability to edit plugins would probably be able to change the base code it draws the HTML from. At worst it's part of themes instead.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
The admins are looking into it. Best case scenario, it will be fixed in the coming week or so, but no promises.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
Not a question, but a suggestion, and I see no sign of a "quick suggestions" thread....

I think that you really need to either ease off on locking any thread that's bumped after a month OR simply (automatically if possible, I guess) delete any thread with a month or more of inactivity. It makes no sense at all to leave the threads there, then leap out and lock them if and only if somebody dares to post on one.

Personally, I think it makes no sense to lock them at all, but if you're going to insist that nobody be allowed to post on them, then there's really no reason for them to even be here.

Thanks...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Not a question, but a suggestion, and I see no sign of a "quick suggestions" thread....

I think that you really need to either ease off on locking any thread that's bumped after a month OR simply (automatically if possible, I guess) delete any thread with a month or more of inactivity. It makes no sense at all to leave the threads there, then leap out and lock them if and only if somebody dares to post on one.

Personally, I think it makes no sense to lock them at all, but if you're going to insist that nobody be allowed to post on them, then there's really no reason for them to even be here.

Thanks...
Locked threads can still be read over so they're quite useful to still have on display to be accessed once closed. They're great for finding old information, opinions, etc, and just useful to have as resources in general. As for threads being closed after a month of no activity, that rule is generally in place because once past that limit, a thread has reached the end of its discussion and there's no more to be added at the current time. Some sections do this a little differently, but that's the general reason. If you feel like one month is too short or you'd like to propose an alternative to this method, please don't hesitate to make a thread about it in the Feedback section and we'll happily discuss it. :)

Years

Thanks...

Like Ozzy said, they are indeed good for reference, but I'm sure most staff members won't really remember or find it worthwhile to look through all threads that have passed the 30-day mark and lock them to ensure no one posts. It's simply too time-consuming a task. However, I will agree with finding alternatives to locking threads, as some boards do get a bit cluttered with closed topics that can (sometimes) make up almost half of the active topics for that 30-day period. I personally wouldn't mind increasing the limit to a generous two months, though of course I'm only speaking on my own behalf.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
simply (automatically if possible, I guess) delete any thread with a month or more of inactivity.
Just popping in to say that if this were possible (and that I don't know) it would have to be set up to allow exceptions. Two sections in Fanfiction & Writing (the main board and the Archive) allow bumping of any thread of any age, but the Writer's Lounge does not.

But we can always discuss alternatives, like extending the time limit on what makes a thread "inactive".

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024

Thanks...
I agree regarding the locking of a thread that's been revived. I don't see the point in doing that, which is why I don't, but each mod does things differently and really, there isn't a right or wrong way to handle that.

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu

Yep, that's me
Years
When I click on "Social Groups" I get this, why am I not allowed to visit? Also is anyone else able to access it?

Spoiler:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
^Social Groups have been closed down since 2011, so the link is inaccessible to anyone. I believe some styles may still have the Social Groups link and they should be directed to an admin so they could remove them.

catroZ

Working...Don't bother me...
Years
Hello I want to change my userbar to this:
Code:
<span style="background: url([URL]http://i.imgur.com/75ruE.gif[/URL]) repeat scroll 0% 0% transparent; color:#FA529D;"><b><i>Pokemon LightRed creator</i></b></span>

How can I do that?

Years
Hello I want to change my userbar to this:
Code:
<span style="background: url([URL]http://i.imgur.com/75ruE.gif[/URL]) repeat scroll 0% 0% transparent; color:#FA529D;"><b><i>Pokemon LightRed creator</i></b></span>

How can I do that?

I'm going to assume you mean usertitle going by the code you posted! Unfortunately PokeCommunity doesn't currently accept usertitle change requests. They can only be plain text and edited through your own user control panel, sorry about that. :(

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
If you really want a name change, you're better off making a brand new account since admins cannot change usernames at this time. As droo mentioned, it's being worked on at this time, but there is no word as of when there will be a fix.

Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2013
Where do I find the hacked games???????????????????????????

Does any one know how to have those pictures everyone has?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back