• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Pokémon Iridium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
pokemoniridiumlogopc7.png
A Chaotic Games Production
Created by: Minorthreat
Made with: RMXP

====================
Background
====================

I have three words for background. IRIDIUM IS BACK!

====================
The Story
====================

The Iriho region is being ravaged by a plauge that is devistating the native POKéMON population. POKéMON are being born too weak to survive. The Iriho POKéMON Science Corp. have changed their direction from developing devices for POKéMON training and begun focusing on an effort to heal the crippling population of POKéMON in Iriho. POKéMON are being brought from other regions to repopulate the region. The IPSC is also working on a device to bring the weak POKéMON back into health so that the POKéMON species native to Iriho are not lost. They have also created a vaccine for the healthy POKéMON to keep the plauge from affecting them.
The plauge has not only effected the POKéMON but the people of the region are becoming despirt and more radical. One group has become the radical terrorist group TEAM CHAOS, hellbent on ridding the region of the polluted weak POKéMON and using the POKéMON of legend to restore "order" to the land.
Knowing that you are the son/daughter of the renowned project leader for the IPSC device, TEAM CHAOS decides to kidnap you while your father is away on IPSC buisness. You manage to escape with the help of a kind old man, who was also kidnapped by TEAM CHAOS. He lets you have one of his last three healthy POKéMON to aid you in your escape. After you escape you head to see Prof Aspen, a board member of the IPSC and your neighbor. She informs you that the IPSC devices isn't working as they thought it was and she warns you against raising your POKéMON because of the plauge, but you beg her and she provides you with a vaccine for your POKéMON. She informs you that as you speak there are IPSC employees setting out POKéMON food with the vaccine to vaccinate the healthy wild POKéMON of Iriho.
As you progress through out the story you begin to see the region fall apart. Corruption is high and spread through even the most seemingly uncorruptable places. There is no longer any thing "good" in the region except the IPSC, even the Iriho POKéMON League is corrupt. To how far this corruption goes and how it effects your quest...you will have to play to find out.

====================
The Region
====================
The Iriho Region
IrihoRegion30.png

Announced Names and Locations:

capture002rr3.png

CATALPA TOWN
The small town you and your family call home. It is also home to the ISPC board memeber, PROF. ASPEN.

capture001fw8.png

ROUTE 297
A small route situated between CATALPA TOWN and CHANTICLEER TOWN. Nothing much located here.

capture000ap6.png

CHANTICLEER TOWN
A small town to the east of CHANTICLEER TOWN. Home to one of TEAM CHAOS' many buildings of operation in IRIHO.

capture001.png

ROUTE 298
A small route situated between CHANTICLEER TOWN and ARBORVITAE CITY. Nothing much located here.

ARBORVITAE CITY​

====================
The Team
====================

Minorthreat - Project leader
Riceeman -Spriter

====================
IRIHO POKéMON
====================

800. IGWONO
803. INFOWL
806. PUTRISH

====================
Screenshots
====================

capture000ro7.png
capture001tx6.png
capture001bp9.png

capture002ox2.png
capture003vs4.png

====================
Want to help?
====================

I am currently looking for scratch spriters and fakemon artists, please apply by PM. Thanks sincerely.

====================
Credits
====================

Poccil - The Essentials Kit
Wichu - Overall help with many aspects of the game.
Kyledove - His sinnoh tiles
Aeonos and Mastermind_X - POKéMON Platinum Sprites
Riceeman - POKéMON Sprites

If anyone else thinks they should be on here just PM me or profile message me and I will add you.

====================
Support
====================

HTML:
[url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=159093"][IMG]http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii291/Minorthreat0987/Pokemon%20Iridium/IgwonoUserbar.png[/IMG][/url]

HTML:
[url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=159093"][IMG]http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii291/Minorthreat0987/Pokemon%20Iridium/InfowlUserbar.png[/IMG][/url]

HTML:
[url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=159093"][IMG]http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii291/Minorthreat0987/Pokemon%20Iridium/PutrishUserbar-1.png[/IMG][/url]

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Yay Iridium is back! Remember to back it up regularly this time :O

Anyway, I love the new story. It's different from the usual storylines, in a good way. In fact, it's inspired me to improve my own ;)

You have a slight mapping error in this screenshot:
capture002ox2.png

The room at the top should have walls on each side. Perhaps you could move the staircases outwards a bit, and add walls?

Likewise

Bye.
Years
wow this is looking great!
the overworld sprite bandana is good but looks a but too much like lucas, maybe change the colors.

The region map is great but the names of the maps need a lot of work, like Littlelodge sounds like litterroot mix it up a bit like....... i dont know MapleLodge town xD

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
Years
I really like this story, and I will be keeping my eye on this project. I also love the name you have chosen for your region, and especially the layout. Tell me, is this region based of a real world location, or is it pure imagination? Either way, I have high hopes for this project and am eager to see new developement and updates.

I hope to see a lot of work on this, great job
Captain Arcane

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
It's good to see that Iridium is back :D Everything looks awesome, and as Wichu said, back it up frequently xD

I'm excited to see how this project will unfold ^^

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
Nice storyline I really like the twist, I can't wait to see how it fares out, good luck! ^^

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
Wow. Nice graphics. Is it in NDS size?
Looks different from Poccil's starter kit.^^
Keep it up!

Xaviar

I left my brain in its jar
Years
I REALLY like your maps. You use kyledove's tiles very effectively. The storyline is detailed and original, and the region map is stylish too.

And you missed my name by a letter >.<

Good luck on finding some spriters, and on the project in general. I expect great things from you, Harry... :)

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018
This game sounds considerably better than what I remembered of it before. The storyline has some interesting aspects to it; the corrupt PKMN League is reminiscent of the Pokemon Special manga's corrupt takes on the Kanto & Johto Leagues.

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
wow this is looking great!
the overworld sprite bandana is good but looks a but too much like lucas, maybe change the colors.

The region map is great but the names of the maps need a lot of work, like Littlelodge sounds like litterroot mix it up a bit like....... i dont know MapleLodge town xD

I might change the color I don't know, but I will consider your advice. As for the town names, yea I'm not so good at that. But I've decided to rename the towns after types of trees, hopefully they will be better.

I really like this story, and I will be keeping my eye on this project. I also love the name you have chosen for your region, and especially the layout. Tell me, is this region based of a real world location, or is it pure imagination? Either way, I have high hopes for this project and am eager to see new developement and updates.

I hope to see a lot of work on this, great job
Captain Arcane

The region is pure imagination, I know that Nintendo bases the regions off of Japan, but I like the freedom of makeing my own region so that I can get everything out of it I want(Like a region with a lot of water routes, beaches, but also mountains, stuff like that). I hope that doesn't effect anyones opinon of the game.

Wow. Nice graphics. Is it in NDS size?
Looks different from Poccil's starter kit.^^
Keep it up!

Yep! :D It is NDS size. I wanted the freedom of DP sprites and more space to work with in features and things like that.

Thank you all for your comments. I will keep this file backed up so it doesn't get lost. ;)

Keep those wonderful comments coming.

PS. Wichu, thanks for pointing out the mapping error, I knew something was wrong but I wasn't sure what. :)
&
Megiddo thanks for pointing out the spelling mistake. I didn't notice it. :laugh:

Sincerely
Minorthreat

.:EDIT:.
This game sounds considerably better than what I remembered of it before. The storyline has some interesting aspects to it; the corrupt PKMN League is reminiscent of the Pokemon Special manga's corrupt takes on the Kanto & Johto Leagues.

Thats because it is essentially a completely new game under the same title of the old Iridium because I loved the title so darn much! lol

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
This looks brilliant, I really like the tiles you used (also used them, sinnoh tiles rock:P)
And the custom player sprite.. :shocked:.. brilliant !
I really will be on the lookout for new updates and things !
I'm going to watch this thread from now on!
Good luck!

PoKéMaKeR

Waudby

Minorthreat, your screenshots have become very strange and soem do not even show up at all :/

Mitchman

Banned
Years
*runs in circles after seeing the marvel come back in a bang*
Man nice graphics nice story nice region nice everything. So question so i can understand its located where in the current pokemon world?

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
Years
Don't worry Minorthreat, that doesn't change my opinion on your game. I was just wondering that because to me, it has a ver ygood layout, one of the best I've seen. And I'm particulary interested in that city which is so big it takes up 5 map tile spaces! Like I said, I really love how this looks. I also think that you region would be one of the best to feature fakemon; with all its areas, towns, and cities, it seems almost perfect.

Again, great work,
Captain Arcane

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Minorthreat, your screenshots have become very strange and soem do not even show up at all :/

Okay, thank you I am going to move the screenshots from Imageshack to my photobucket account, so please bear with me during this transition.

*runs in circles after seeing the marvel come back in a bang*
Man nice graphics nice story nice region nice everything. So question so i can understand its located where in the current pokemon world?

I haven't really thought much about that but I know the old Iriho is located Southwest of Kanto and South of Sinnoh so I am thinking I will put this one there aswell since you will be able to travel to Sinnoh in the game. ;)

Don't worry Minorthreat, that doesn't change my opinion on your game. I was just wondering that because to me, it has a ver ygood layout, one of the best I've seen. And I'm particulary interested in that city which is so big it takes up 5 map tile spaces! Like I said, I really love how this looks. I also think that you region would be one of the best to feature fakemon; with all its areas, towns, and cities, it seems almost perfect.

Again, great work,
Captain Arcane

Wow, thank you! I never thought I would get such a positive comment from the creator of Pokemon Lost World. Thank you :D

Well my friends!
I figured I would post a little update of sorts. Well this is actually a big update. :D

Thanks to my friend Riceeman, who has become a spriter for Iridium, we now have two new starters, and hopefully a third coming shortly.

I'd like to introduce PUTRISH, the water starter.
starterbattle.png

and INFOWL, the fire starter.
capture003.png

I hope you all enjoy!
Oh and please, don't steal these sprites. Riceeman worked hard on them!

Sincerely,
Minorthreat

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Sweet. NIce sprites. But may i ask how it would fit southwest of kanto and south of sinnoh? I mean that would put it somewhere inbetween of jhot/kanto and not south of sinnoh. Or did you mean southeast? If s othen it would be an island right?

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Sweet. NIce sprites. But may i ask how it would fit southwest of kanto and south of sinnoh? I mean that would put it somewhere inbetween of jhot/kanto and not south of sinnoh. Or did you mean southeast? If s othen it would be an island right?

haha whoops I mean southeast of kanto and south of sinnoh, like its part of a new landmass in the ocean south of sinnoh and south east of kanto.

Thanks for the comment.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Wow, this game is looking impressive! Compared to the old Iridium, this destroys it.
I'm really happy to see the change to D/P style, it looks much nicer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back