• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Contest: Second MotQ [Voting Thread]

Your choice for MotQ?

• sab's map

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • brane's map

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Darthatron's map

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
First Map of the Quarter - 2012

Voting

Once again, three maps have been chosen by DrFuji and myself. The voting poll will remain open until January 3rd, so get your votes in before then! Here are the three maps...

The Maps

sab:
Spoiler:

brane
Spoiler:

Darthatron
Spoiler:

Rules:

• No complaining if your map wasn't chosen as one of the final few.
  • This thread is for simply posting which map you chose in the poll. No arguments! If you feel a discussion may be getting off-topic, then take it to VMs or PMs. You may also post any questions you may have about the competition here.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Voted for sab's map. I really like the natural feel to it, and it looks absolutely stunning as well. ;D

PikaSaiyan

Gen III master race.
Years
I'd have to vote for Sab as well. :P It feels a lot more natural (placement and colors) and at the same time the map doesn't have any space wasted.

bondi.blues

there is a glow at the horizon
Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2013
I voted for sab's map.

I think sab's map feels like a tight cave that is fun to move around in while still being big enough to keep the player from knowing where they are too easily. It just has a great balance to it.

Last edited:

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
I voted on brane's map. It is a nice map which isn't too crowded like Sab's map (I honestly wouldn't want to walk around on that map...) and the map of Darthatron is a bit too linear imo.

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Sab's would be good if the player wasn't restricted to only four directions. Brane also had that problem with playability, I think; too diagonal. Although if Brane had less rocks and stuff placed randomly and gave the player more room, it'd be better.

I liked how Darthatron added shorelines and waterfalls (even though the latter look kinda ugly the way he did them). It looks like a sort of cave/base like Team Magma's which is neat, and I could tolerate playing on it, which is important.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
I think there's too much going on in sab's. I can't even tell what you can step on and what you can't because of all the different sizes of rock (brane's map had this problem too). It's too filled; the palette being all the same as it usually is, it's really hard to see the actual shape of the map. It also seems too restrictive in places with only a few steps to move. I voted for Darths because, while it was a bit empty and plain, I'd rather have that than filling the map with rocks.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
I think sab's map is far too clustered to be playable without straining the eyes too much and my map looks too empty in some places. I voted for brane's map because it's a happy medium of objects and paths.

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
I voted for my map for 2 reasons. The first is that I am completely biased and have no shame in admitting it. The second is that I actually prefer my map to the others. Reasons/reviews are contained below.

Brane's map
Spoiler:

Darth's map
Spoiler:

Sab's map
Spoiler:

Sorry for the huge rant/post, but I felt like spending a half hour to speak my mind.

Last edited:
Years
Annnnnnd that's it!

Congratulations sab, you'll be receiving your MotQ emblem soon enough. Commiserations to brane and Darthatron, better luck next time guys!

Closed~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back